Tweets from Practice | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tweets from Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In that ESPNU podcast that was posted yesterday Seth Greenberg made a comment after the interview was over about how KO was very high on Cassell Jr. I'd still would be surprised about starting DHam at the 4, I expect KO to spread things out and play him there but not start. I wonder how DHam would respond to it, based on DeAndre's AAU coach's comments to Jeff Borzello he wasn't always happy playing there.

Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Omar Calhoun is in significantly better shape than he was a season ago. Lighter, quicker, and more confident. Bounce back year?

I hope he's strong enough to put in a couple of shifts at the four. I'm still worried about being able to cover that spot with our current personnel.

Cassell seems like he could be a real wildcard. I could see the team being fine with him playing a limited role, but he could also be a major impact player right away.

Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Early prediction on UConn starting five --- Ryan Boatright, Sam Cassell Jr., Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, Amida Brimah....

Maybe we'll see that lineup for a few minutes on occasion but I doubt this is our starting lineup. Purvis at the 3 and Dham at the 4? I understand Hamilton is like 6'8 but he's got handles and likes to shoot on the perimeter not bang inside. He is more of a perimeter player/guard than Daniels was. I think we are going to see a lot more of Facey/Rakim at PF this year and then Brimah followed by Nolan at center. I'm pleasantly surprised that Cassell is playing so well, but my only request as a fan is that Terrence plays at least 15 minutes a game. I love that dude.

Reaction Score
Really interesting to see Rothstein really like Sam Jr's game. I feel his game was going to me more mature and ready than some, but we won't know for a while. If he's a solid player, starting or not, makes the perimeter a formidable one.

Reaction Score
Wow, he finally said something negative...

I think SMU should be picked first t0o since they whipped us twice last year and have everyone back (and then some). But if he's using that analogy, he needs to replace Uconn with Central Florida.

Reaction Score
That's the first time I've ever seen anything negative from him. Jon Rothstein loves every team in the country yet trolls the defending National Champs. He also doesn't even mention Daniel Hamilton who is probably the best NBA prospect on the team.

Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: UConn's Phil Nolan has gained 20 pounds since the end of last season, Kevin Ollie told @CBSSports. Will be in mix at PF with Kentan Facey.

@JonRothstein: Rodney Purvis is a truck at 6-4. Will be strong enough to guard opposing PFs when UConn opts to go small, which will happen quite a bit.

@JonRothstein: UConn doesn't have anyone to bail them out at the end of the shot clock like Shabazz Napier did last year. Lots of good players. Great ones?

@JonRothstein: Kevin Ollie doesn't get enough credit for how good of a defensive coach he is. Won first 4 NCAA games last March by only averaging 58 PPG.

Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein · 20m20 minutes ago
UConn doesn't have anyone to bail them out at the end of the shot clock like Shabazz Napier did last year. Lots of good players. Great ones?

Ummm I'm pretty sure Mr. Boatright did both in the last two games of 2013 (Providence) and 2014 (National Champ game). Boatright is one of the best end of shot clock players in the country, Jon. Focus on Iona and Seton Hall bud

Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: UConn's Phil Nolan has gained 20 pounds since the end of last season, Kevin Ollie told @CBSSports. Will be in mix at PF with Kentan Facey.

@JonRothstein: Rodney Purvis is a truck at 6-4. Will be strong enough to guard opposing PFs when UConn opts to go small, which will happen quite a bit.

@JonRothstein: UConn doesn't have anyone to bail them out at the end of the shot clock like Shabazz Napier did last year. Lots of good players. Great ones?

@JonRothstein: Kevin Ollie doesn't get enough credit for how good of a defensive coach he is. Won first 4 NCAA games last March by only averaging 58 PPG.
Not sure where he got his numbers from on the "defense" tweet and I'm not really buying that they don't have someone to bail them out at the end of the shot clock. Boat might not be able to raise up from 25ft like Bazz and knock it down but he can't get to his spot and get that midrange J whenever. He got Randle 2x in the title game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I said a bunch of times that I don't expect to see Phil at 4 much. Still think that but we'll see.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looks like he's not seeing anything from Kentan or Rock! And Brimah didn't impress either. My hope is that the guard play is so good the bigs are made to look poor. Similar to the way the guards impacted the supposed superiority the opposing bigs had over UConn in the NCAA run.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fleud, obviously KO told them to lay low while the reporters were in. He's wily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom