Tweets from Practice (12/16) | The Boneyard

Tweets from Practice (12/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
David Borges ‏@DaveBorges 19m19 minutes ago
Kevin Ollie on #Duke http://www.tout.com/m/p7nb6n?ref=twb7p4ou…

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 6m6 minutes ago Storrs, CT
Senior Ryan Boatright on the state of the Huskies: "We're starting to figure each other out. Our chemistry is getting stronger."

Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 6m6 minutes ago
Omar Calhoun is a game-time decision Thursday against Duke. Not exactly news. He did practice today.

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 5m5 minutes ago Storrs, CT
Boatright worked out a few times this summer with Duke's Okafor

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 3m3 minutes ago Storrs, CT
Rodney Purvis said he went 1-1 vs. Duke when he played at NC State

Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 4m4 minutes ago
Ryan Boatright on Amida Brimah's matchup with Jahlil Okafor. "He's tired of hearing all the hoo-hah about Jahlil."

Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 3m3 minutes ago
Boatright and Okafor, both Chicago guys, have played pickup against each other.

Reaction Score
sounds like boatright has had enough. ha. heres a PIC of okafor + boat + will bynum

Reaction Score
Dom Amore @AmoreCourant · 8m 8 minutes ago
Ryan Boatright played pickup games against Duke's Jahlil Okafor in Chicago. "He moves like a guard, man. And he understands th game." #uconn

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant · 6m 6 minutes ago
Kevin Ollie: "I really liked our ball movement [last game], 22 assists. Some possessions we had 8, 9 passes." #uconn

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant · 4m 4 minutes ago
Kevin Ollie: "[Duke's] not going 2 take foot off the accelerator. They're going 2 pound it inside, but run when the opportunity is there."

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant · 2m 2 minutes ago
Kevin Ollie: "Coppin State put us in some situations that Duke is going to put is into, a lot of threes, fast break." #uconn

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant · 18s 18 seconds ago
Kevin Ollie: "A lot of memorable things are etched out in history that came between these 2 teams" #UConn #Duke

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hmmm...sounds more promising about Omar than I expected.

Here's hoping...

Yeah visions of Omar putting on the superman cape and coming for the last possession to win the game on a 3 at the buzzer?

Reaction Score
who does omar think he is derrick rose? he's been basically full contact in practices for weeks but refuses to suite up? i'll bet the house he is ruled out

Reaction Score
who does omar think he is derrick rose? he's been basically full contact in practices for weeks but refuses to suite up? i'll bet the house he is ruled out

I've heard rumors he's hoping to apply for a redshirt, but no one seems to be clear as to why.

Reaction Score
I've heard rumors he's hoping to apply for a redshirt, but no one seems to be clear as to why.
If this is true it's a horrible decision on Omar's part, for both Omar and the team.

Reaction Score
If this is true it's a horrible decision on Omar's part, for both Omar and the team.

I think he's scared to get back out there and fail. A healthy, in-form, confident Omar is a major impact player for this team. He'd push Cassell to the bench, and he'd be good enough to take minutes from Hamilton and Purvis. I really hope he gets his act together and starts playing.

Reaction Score
I'm not an Amore basher (and I know it's Twitter), but constantly using "u" and "2" and "4" in tweets looks a bit ridiculous for a professional journalist.

If it helps him avoid misspelling words, I'm all for it. Also, then when morons say that our coach needs to speak better, we can at least say he speaks better than the Courant's white head beat reporter writes...

pj

Reaction Score
No one was expecting Omar to compete for a starting spot but if he can't provide quality depth, this team's chances of going far in March go down. Without him Terence and Sam Jr. will need to step up. 5 perimeter guys is adequate but you do need 5. Sam Jr hasn't shown any superiority to Omar so let's hope Omar makes it back.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm not an Amore basher (and I know it's ), but constantly using "u" and "2" and "4" in tweets looks a bit ridiculous for a professional journalist.
There you go. It's twitter. Saving characters incase he needs them

Reaction Score
No one was expecting Omar to compete for a starting spot but if he can't provide quality depth, this team's chances of going far in March go down. Without him Terence and Sam Jr. will need to step up. 5 perimeter guys is adequate but you do need 5. Sam Jr hasn't shown any superiority to Omar so let's hope Omar makes it back.
Yeah we desperately need freshman version of omar, but i'm not sure that player is ever coming back. somebody who can guard + hit threes and is more athletic than cassell... then you've got purvis hampered and starting his uconn career off horribly. Cassell is just not in good enough shape to provide anything meaningful imo can't create separation at all, and tsam ( god bless him) can't shoot a lick. Our backcourt is just disaster other than boat.

Reaction Score
I think he's scared to get back out there and fail. A healthy, in-form, confident Omar is a major impact player for this team. He'd push Cassell to the bench, and he'd be good enough to take minutes from Hamilton and Purvis. I really hope he gets his act together and starts playing.
The idea that any version of Omar would take minutes from Hamilton is absurd, to put it mildly. Take minutes from Cassell, absolutely. Take minutes from Purvis -- that's true if Purvis doesn't live up to his billing, which he hasn't so far. A good Omar might also take minutes from Facey whenever KO wants to go small with Hamilton at the 4.

Reaction Score
I'm not an Amore basher (and I know it's Twitter), but constantly using "u" and "2" and "4" in tweets looks a bit ridiculous for a professional journalist.

I guess when you're pressed for space, it can be justified, but I know that I carve up my tweets so that I can use proper grammar in them.

Reaction Score
The idea that any version of Omar would take minutes from Hamilton is absurd, to put it mildly. Take minutes from Cassell, absolutely. Take minutes from Purvis -- that's true if Purvis doesn't live up to his billing, which he hasn't so far. A good Omar might also take minutes from Facey whenever KO wants to go small with Hamilton at the 4.

I guess what I really mean is that Omar, at his best, could spell Hamilton without much of an issue. Hamilton is playing 33 mpg, which is really high for a freshman. I'd like to see him get more rest so he doesn't burn out in conference play, and an in-form Omar could allow them to do that.

Reaction Score
I would feel a lot more comfortable with Omar taking shots than Cassell. I also think he's a much more talented player based off his freshmen season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom