TV alert - UConn-Merrimack is on WBIN (channel 506 fios) at 7pm | The Boneyard

TV alert - UConn-Merrimack is on WBIN (channel 506 fios) at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In addition to ESPN3, for those of us in NH/Boston area the game is on WBIN locally. For Verizon Fios folks that is channel 506.

Reaction Score
In addition to ESPN3, for those of us in NH/Boston area the game is on WBIN locally. For Verizon Fios folks that is channel 506.
After watching Uconn on TV vs.
Merrimack last weekend i'm second second guessing if Cavanaugh was the right choice instead of Berard ? Uconn got dominated by one of the weakest teams in HE and was outplayed by an average Penn State the week before. I read his articles and interviews before the season started and he was making excuses before a puck was even dropped ex.talking about Uconn is going to have a hard time in HE this year, Penn State has had a 2 year jump on scholarships, how he has 10 freshman this year blah,blah,blah. I'm not to hopeful about this season or if they made the right choice ???

Reaction Score
This is the most premature post I've ever seen on this board. Fact is 8/18 starters are freshman (9 if you include Richardson's lack of experience) and they're still carving out their roles on the team. We've played all 8 D-man over the first 3 games with varying combinations, same with the forwards. Once Ojantkanen is allowed to play and we role out our top 12 forwards and top-6 D-men with ideal line combinations for both it isn't fair to make these types of remarks.

Reaction Score
That post about the coach is bad is almost as funny as the people on the Football board complaining about Bob Franco.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That post about the coach is bad is almost as funny as the people on the Football board complaining about Bob Franco.
Who? Let me guess: auto correct on a smartphone.

Reaction Score
Merrimack last weekend i'm second second guessing if Cavanaugh was the right choice instead of Berard ? Uconn got dominated by one of the weakest teams in HE and was outplayed by an average Penn State the week before. I read his articles and interviews before the season started and he was making excuses before a puck was even dropped ex.talking about Uconn is going to have a hard time in HE this year, Penn State has had a 2 year jump on scholarships, how he has 10 freshman this year blah,blah,blah. I'm not to hopeful about this season or if they made the right choice ???

If you are serious (I think you are, but I hope you are not), I'm betting you were second guessing Cavanaugh's hiring before watching them on TV and you didn't have this epiphany during the game.
UConn is going to have a hard time adjusting to HE. They were a mid-level team in the Atlantic and they just stepped up to the best league in the country. It's going to take a few years. I'm curious to see how the gel/grow over the next couple months. We're not palying Canisius, Bentley, and AIC anymore. just got real.

Reaction Score
After watching Uconn on TV vs.Merrimack last weekend i'm second second guessing if Cavanaugh was the right choice instead of Berard ? Uconn got dominated by one of the weakest teams in HE and was outplayed by an average Penn State the week before. I read his articles and interviews before the season started and he was making excuses before a puck was even dropped ex.talking about Uconn is going to have a hard time in HE this year, Penn State has had a 2 year jump on scholarships, how he has 10 freshman this year blah,blah,blah. I'm not to hopeful about this season or if they made the right choice ???

34150ec06eb4b12448b817a2a4e4f237_400x400.jpg

Reaction Score

Just curious - have you watched any other games since this one??? Has your opinion changed at all?

Reaction Score
Let's see:
Berard is 3-4-3 overall and 3-0-3 in one of if not the weakest league in D-1 hockey
Cav is 2-4-3 overall 1-2-1 in one of if not the strongest league in hockey with ONLY 10 scholarships compared to the 18 his league opponents have. Also note that he has 11 new players on the roster (10 Freshmen plus BC transfer Evan Richardson) and has replaced a fair amount of Berard's recruits with these kids. This will take a while...won't happen overnight. Of the 3 interviewed for the job...Berard was in my mind the 3rd choice.

Reaction Score
After watching Uconn on TV vs. Merrimack last weekend i'm second second guessing if Cavanaugh was the right choice instead of Berard ? Uconn got dominated by one of the weakest teams in HE and was outplayed by an average Penn State the week before. I read his articles and interviews before the season started and he was making excuses before a puck was even dropped ex.talking about Uconn is going to have a hard time in HE this year, Penn State has had a 2 year jump on scholarships, how he has 10 freshman this year blah,blah,blah. I'm not to hopeful about this season or if they made the right choice ???

Just curious - have you watched any other games since this one??? Has your opinion changed at all?

How about now?? 3-1-1 against ranked teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom