Tulsa Got That Going For It | The Boneyard

Tulsa Got That Going For It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, looks like there's one thing to look forward to for a road trip to Tulsa.

85f31d92e1f184434abdf37152ef774db4eae3be.jpg

Courtesy of Hank's Hamburgers

The Big Okie, Hank’s Hamburgers, Tulsa, Okla.
How do you get to be a “Big Okie?” Perhaps by putting yourself on a steady diet of these legendary burgers, served in this landmark Tulsa restaurant. The beef alone tips the scales at a full pound, thanks to its total of four patties, four slices of cheese, and onions grilled right into the meat, before the addition of lettuce, tomato, and pickles. While you can order fries, it would be a shame to miss the Tater Tots or fried okra on the side. Assuming you’re stuffed afterward, order your dessert to go; Hank’s other signature item is the chocolate-covered peanut butter balls.

Reaction Score
The ol' 251 lb Husky68 could down one of those without breakin' a sweat, the new 210 lb Husky68 would probably require a few burps but would still be up to the task.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I now want a cheeseburger for breakfast.

Mitchell's on Main in Cromwell had a breakfast burger a while back that was absolutely delicious. Was a burger with an egg, hashbrown, bacon and any other fixings (I opted for lettuce, tomato and cheese) that you wanted.

Oh hell. If you find a breakfast burger, let me know where it is. Now I want one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mitchell's on Main in Cromwell had a breakfast burger a while back that was absolutely delicious. Was a burger with an egg, hashbrown, bacon and any other fixings (I opted for lettuce, tomato and cheese) that you wanted.

Oh hell. If you find a breakfast burger, let me know where it is. Now I want one.

Any burger with a over easy egg becomes better. The yolk melting in to the burger patty and the bun is exceptional. Throw on bacon and some hash browns and I'm there.

Reaction Score
...and now I want a burger with an egg on it for lunch.....good thing that's exactly what I'm about to go get. Bloody Mary to start (spicy please) while they prepare my cheeseburger, with an egg, fries on the side, and yes, bring me a pint when you bring me my food!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
...and now I want a burger with an egg on it for lunch.....good thing that's exactly what I'm about to go get. Bloody Mary to start (spicy please) while they prepare my cheeseburger, with an egg, fries on the side, and yes, bring me a pint when you bring me my food!!

I'm making my annual trip to the mall today and there's a Red Robin restaurant there. I may just have to do the same.

Reaction Score
I'm making my annual trip to the mall today and there's a Red Robin restaurant there. I may just have to do the same.
My grandson Loves Red Robin. Big in AZ
Since my Hamburger days are over,as I 'm in the Lipitor,Crestor generation.
I usually get a BOCA burger with fruit. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a real Burger.
It's almost like a filet mignon.
The Free Refills on the FF would be great, if I could eat FFs.
The Golden Years.

Reaction Score
Bloody Mary...spicy (home made, while waiting for wife to get ready) - check
Bloody Mary....spicy (at restaurant) - check
Cheeseburger medium rare, with fries - check (they don't do the egg... f o c k ers)
Pint of Stella - check and check..aaaanndd check (my wife insisted I get a third pint so she could take her time finishing her drink, I obliged).
Sunday Funday off to a good start

Reaction Score
When Tulsa pops up on any schedule lock these food suggestions away for future reference.

-White River Fish Market - Think seafood stand, shrimp boil, gumbo, catfish
-Mahogany - Steakhouse
-Flemings - Steakhouse (It's a chain out of cali, but damn good)
-Spudder - Steakhouse and a ton of oil memorabilia
-Bodean's - Good American
-McGill's - Steak/Seafood
-Elmer's BBQ - Do it, seriously
-Cain's Ballroom - One of the historic country music places in the country
-S&J Oyster Bar

Oddly there is a ton of Coney joints, yup those little hot dogs, why, I have no idea, but they're pretty damn good.

Reaction Score

Lettuce and tomato? What are you some kind of health food not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom