Tulane New Football Stadium | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulane New Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I give them credit. This is absolutely the right idea for their program, and one someone like Temple would do well to try and emulate. Tulane is never, ever going to be THE program in Louisiana or even New Orleans. Not going to happen. LSU has that spot sewn up and sealed shut. But they could be a solid local addition with a decent fan base. It was never going to happen in the Super dome. But 24000 in a 30,000 seat venue would have a much different feel than the same 24000 in the Dome. I thought I read that seating was for 30,000 but with some club areas in the concourse that counted toward the 30000 but didn't have seats exactly. 6K sounds high for that though.

Not to mention a city that most fans would love to visit in the fall

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not to mention a city that most fans would love to visit in the fall

Keep in mind that early October can still be hot and sticky in New Orleans. Probably safe to leave the parkas and hoodies up north.

Reaction Score
Trying to get a hall pass from the misses and take my wingman to The Big Easy for the game, should be a fun time, regardless how big their stadium is. How easy/hard is it to get from the hotels downtown to where Tulane is?
There is a streetcar top near Canal and St Charles easy walking form French Quarter and CBD, scenic ride on St Charles to Tulane.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that early October can still be hot and sticky in New Orleans. Probably safe to leave the parkas and hoodies up north.

If I go, my liver will likely wish it stayed up north, too :cool:

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
If I go, my liver will likely wish it stayed up north, too :cool:
Well, there's also the odd chance of your liver being shot on Bourbon Street. ;(

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, visiting fans get put in the end zone next to the family section?

I guess there's a reason for that grouping.

Reaction Score
So, visiting fans get put in the end zone next to the family section?

I guess there's a reason for that grouping.

I believe that is the same gig at the Rent. The family sections are 132 & 133 while the visitors have 134 - 137.

Reaction Score
This thread has been up for an awful long time given that it is about our crappy conference playing at a crappy school.

Yes, because it's New Orleans but it is a positive and part of the deal.

Reaction Score
Well, there's also the odd chance of your liver being shot on Bourbon Street. ;(

Hey, a Ray Davies reference! MY BAD Ray Davies got shot in the leg on Bourbon Street. This means nothing if you are not a Kink's fan. Actually it probably means nothing if you are a Kinks fan and no I have not been drinking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger