Tulane New Football Stadium | The Boneyard

Tulane New Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty cool look at the stadium being built. Crazy to see how it looks now and think it'll be ready for them to open up the season but I guess it will be. Also interesting to note they'll sell alcohol in the on campus football stadium: http://www.wwl.com/Tulane-s-Yulman-Stadium-takes-shape/19168506
Good for Tulane. It looks as if it is the facility has the appropriate size and amenities for their program. I am hoping to fly down there for the October 11 UConn game, and assist as the ultimate test of the adequacy of their beer concessions.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Rushing to add Tulane and Tulsa just ahead of the UL announcement will continue to be an unsolved mystery. Thinking this conference needs a football championship game is another.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the school or alumni group will organize a trip to the Big Easy? Just curious what the Uconn turnout will be since the game is in New Orleans on a holiday weekend (a great excuse if any to go). My guess is probably 500 fans since we don't travel so well yet.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the school or alumni group will organize a trip to the Big Easy? Just curious what the Uconn turnout will be since the game is in New Orleans on a holiday weekend (a great excuse if any to go). My guess is probably 500 fans since we don't travel so well yet.

would love for this to happen, hopefully the yankee stadium game doesn't deter fans from traveling to NOLA

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
would love for this to happen, hopefully the yankee stadium game doesn't deter fans from traveling to NOLA

I'll bite.

Why would a game at Yankees stadium affect going to New Orleans for a different game?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'll bite.

Why would a game at Yankees stadium affect going to New Orleans for a different game?

People are cheap/think they can only do one road game a year.

Reaction Score
Trying to get a hall pass from the misses and take my wingman to The Big Easy for the game, should be a fun time, regardless how big their stadium is. How easy/hard is it to get from the hotels downtown to where Tulane is?

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Trying to get a hall pass from the misses and take my wingman to The Big Easy for the game, should be a fun time, regardless how bog their stadium is. How easy/hard is it to get from the hotels downtown to where Tulane is?
It's like a $1 on the street car or a cheap cab ride. It's only about 3 or 4 miles from the French Quarter

Reaction Score
They really had to jam that sucker in there. Not sure if there are tailgate options around that area but hopefully it works out for them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
New Orleans is perfect for a fall weekend.

Just enough time to catch the game, enjoy some great food and get tore up from the floor up and just as you begin to realize that it smells and is dirty it's time to leave. Two years later and the fond memories remain and you do it again.

Reaction Score
Rushing to add Tulane and Tulsa just ahead of the UL announcement will continue to be an unsolved mystery. Thinking this conference needs a football championship game is another.

I'm right there with ya.

Given that we now know Navy wants to play in a division with SMU, Tulsa & Tulane, the only reason I can think of to add Tulsa and Tulane was to keep Navy happy. Like-minded academically prestigious schools. Especially Tulane.

Had Navy bailed on us after Louisville and Rutgers did, it would have sucked.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also interesting to note they'll sell alcohol in the on campus football stadium

They sell alcohol at church in New Orleans.

New Orleans and the surrounding Parish's summed up perfectly:

They used to have drive-thru daiquiri stores. Yup. Drive up, give 'em a 10 spot and get a 32oz hurricane and drive right off.

Well, there was the pesky DUI thing going on so they had to solve the problem. The solution? The stores can no longer give you the daiquiri with the straw in the cup. Now they have to hand you the cup and straw (with the wrapper still around the straw)separately in order to mitigate the problem.

Reaction Score
Doesn't a stadium have to seat 30,000 to be in Division 1A?

It's more about having a stadium seating capacity large enough to be able to be above the minimum average attendance of 15k over a rolling two year period.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got my flights and a hotel room for October 9-12. Now all I need is a ticket to the game. I generally use the Marriott on Canal, but am staying in the French Quarter this time. The room has a balcony, so maybe I should get throw beads in case any passing young ladies need them. ;)

Also just booked a trip to South Bend for UConn women's basketball versus Notre Dame in December.

I retire on July 1, so I am looking forward to more UConn related travel this year.

Reaction Score
Trying to get a hall pass from the misses and take my wingman to The Big Easy for the game, should be a fun time, regardless how big their stadium is. How easy/hard is it to get from the hotels downtown to where Tulane is?
Easy trip. Grab the Streetcar and get off at Tulane. Do not step off and yell "Stella!"

Reaction Score
New Orleans and the surrounding Parish's summed up perfectly:

They used to have drive-thru daiquiri stores. Yup. Drive up, give 'em a 10 spot and get a 32oz hurricane and drive right off.

Well, there was the pesky DUI thing going on so they had to solve the problem. The solution? The stores can no longer give you the daiquiri with the straw in the cup. Now they have to hand you the cup and straw (with the wrapper still around the straw)separately in order to mitigate the problem.
Yeah, and places on Bourbon Street and in the Quarter have take out windows...for drinks, not food.

Reaction Score
I give them credit. This is absolutely the right idea for their program, and one someone like Temple would do well to try and emulate. Tulane is never, ever going to be THE program in Louisiana or even New Orleans. Not going to happen. LSU has that spot sewn up and sealed shut. But they could be a solid local addition with a decent fan base. It was never going to happen in the Super dome. But 24000 in a 30,000 seat venue would have a much different feel than the same 24000 in the Dome. I thought I read that seating was for 30,000 but with some club areas in the concourse that counted toward the 30000 but didn't have seats exactly. 6K sounds high for that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom