Tuberville wants home and home to play Crimson tide | The Boneyard

Tuberville wants home and home to play Crimson tide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Pope will visit Nippert or the Rent before Bama does. Actually, the Pope would do a weekly radio show at those venues before Bama would even pick up the phone to discuss the remote possibility of playing at those stadiums.

Reaction Score
Since the question is, "if given the chance, should UConn play Bame?" then yes, absolutely. Do I think that will happen? Nahhh

Reaction Score
The Pope will visit Nippert or the Rent before Bama does. Actually, the Pope would do a weekly radio show at those venues before Bama would even pick up the phone to discuss the remote possibility of playing at those stadiums.
If it were happen the game would have to be played at Paul Brown Stadium.

Reaction Score
Folks, I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

ALABAMA WILL NOT PLAY AT RENTSCHLER FIELD IN A HOME AND HOME SERIES WITH UCONN.

A one off road game (ala ND), sure if they needed to plug a hole in their schedule. Best we could hope for is a neutral in NYC or NJ and a trip to Bama. I seriously doubt that would even happen.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There is a better chance of a Sharknado coming to Connecticut than Alabama. Read my lips: no P5 heavyweight is coming to the Rent again until we are in a P5 conference. We could offer them 1,000 men's hoops games at their place for 1 game at the Rent and they wouldn't come (the SEC does not care about basketball, except for UK). Our ONLY chance of playing Alabama in football is to play them at their place as a one and done. And if that is what I have to vote on, then I vote a resounding HELL YES!. I would sign up for a one off road trip to Bama in any season. I hope Warde is on the phone trying to schedule a one-off road game with them.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati PLAYED Oklahoma not that long ago in the Bengals stadium. That's something they have that we don't.

Reaction Score

Alabama might consider playing UCONN at Yankee Stadium, METLIFE or Gillette!

Dooley

Reaction Score
The lure of NYC is important to conferences with more northern exposure. To a conference like the SEC, with literally zero exposure to NYC, they don't care about the NYC market. The SEC has appeal all over the country, including college football fans in the northeast, as it is. If a program like Alabama were to play in NYC against anyone, it would be against Penn State or another B1G team. But then again, the SEC really doesn't challenge itself outside of in-conference play which leads us back to the original statement: there is zero incentive for them to play in NYC.

No, if we ever played Alabama, it would be at their place in front of 90,000 crimson red fans who may or may not sucker punch us UCONN fans at some hole-in-the wall dive. And I would sign up for that deal 100 times out of 100 (including the sucker punch) if it were presented to me.

Reaction Score
I give Tuberville an A+ for not bending over and saying thank you Sir may I have another. Frankly, this conference needs more guys who take that attitude. At the end of the day, I doubt he gets his wish, and probably not a game with Alabama, but you know what, he's sending a message to his team and his fans that Cincinnati sees itself as a player. Most UConn fans would sign on for 5 games in Tuskaloosa just to have the honor of being on the same field as the Crimson Tide. If Cincy does meet Bama or some other "big time" team, and approach it say in a bowl game, his team will remember that "they refused to play us." Not the other way around.

Dooley

Reaction Score
UCONN and UCONN fans have a lot to prove. Even if UCONN loses the game, as we probably would, it can win in the CR game by bringing 5+K to the game as we did for ND and Michigan games. You can look at accepting a one-off deal in two ways: that you are bending over and bowing to a superior being OR that you are not afraid to play anyone, anywhere at any time. For me, the latter is the mentality that I want coming from my leaders at UCONN. If you won't let us be a part of the fight, then we will bring the goddam fight to you.

Reaction Score
At the very least you could always make it seem like you're calling them out. Make a fuss over it, make yourselves seem like a big deal.

Play the upstart antagonistic villain. If they say no, go to the media telling them that Saban is bucking you. Make it a WWE feud. It'll get people talking about UCONN football and it'd be nice for an American team to have an attitude like that.

Reaction Score
Why? Serious question. What's the benefit to Bama?
Jimmy certainly more benefit than playing Louisiana Monroe. Here are a few:

1. UCONN brand recognition at high point due to recent men's and women's National championship games - National audience
2. Alabama gets exposure in New York/New England Market

You are right - not a big deal - They would also feel like Michigan fans felt - We're playing a cupcake

But the the main reason I want to play them is this!

Some guy wants to steal Gino!

http://capstonereport.com/2014/04/22/ua-basketball-steal-uconn-coach/23458/

Reaction Score
At the risk of POing the whole BY, the only New England team that Bama would consider playing is "the school that will not be named". Even if it is ancient history and a very small sample base Bama has a losing streak of 3 games against them and has only won 1 of 4 games played.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the very least you could always make it seem like you're calling them out. Make a fuss over it, make yourselves seem like a big deal.

Play the upstart antagonistic villain. If they say no, go to the media telling them that Saban is bucking you. Make it a WWE feud. It'll get people talking about UCONN football and it'd be nice for an American team to have an attitude like that.

And once everyone is done laughing I'll let Klitschko know I'm going to steal his girl.

Yankee Stadium still hold big fights?

Reaction Score
One and one with Bama: When hell freezes over or...... UConn makes one of those 4 playoff spots.

Reaction Score
One and one with Bama: When hell freezes over or. UConn makes one of those 4 playoff spots.

Unless Warde has some "pictures" of committee members he can leverage, I'm betting on a frosty morning in Hades happening first.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cincinnati PLAYED Oklahoma not that long ago in the Bengals stadium. That's something they have that we don't.

Another thing we don't have is very fertile recruiting grounds in our backyard.

Reaction Score
lol @ this thread
FYI - Bama has been dominant over the last few years but the year UCONN beat South Carolina in the Papa John Bowl 20-7, Alabama beat SC 20-6! The following year Bama lost to South Carolina 35-21! Another common opponent was Michigan. In 2012 Bama beat them 41-14. In 2013 when UCONN sucked UCONN lost to MI 24-21. So although UCONN would probably lose, past performance shows we deserve the opportunity! Don't be like all the other UCONN football bashers out there. Have some pride in your team!

Reaction Score
Yeah ... you wait. Rutgers will ducking us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom