True Detective Season 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

True Detective Season 2

Reaction Score
Yea, if he's dead, I really didn't see that coming. Maybe kill off the lead in the finale, but not normally in the second episode.

Looked like he was shot in his junk area. He would bleed out pretty quickly if so.

In the preview for the next episode I could have sworn I heard the Vince Police Lieutenant talking about getting involved over the death of one of their own. So he's dead.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looked like he was shot in his junk area. He would bleed out pretty quickly if so.
Yea like Caspere (the city manager). Wonder if they'll burn his eyes too?

Reaction Score

In the preview for the next episode I could have sworn I heard the Vince Police Lieutenant talking about getting involved over the death of one of their own. So he's dead.

He said that I am being involved because one of my own was shot. Nothing about him dying.

Reaction Score
He's alive. There was no blood, I'm guessing it was not bullets, but instead some type of sand blast to stun him, or he had a vest on.
Good episode tho.

Reaction Score
He comes back as a white walker in episode three.
Feel like I'm the only one who never watched Game of Thrones, gave it a try but couldn't get into it. Never got into Dungeons and Dragons either.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Feel like I'm the only one who never watched Game of Thrones, gave it a try but couldn't get into it. Never got into Dungeons and Dragons either.

Not sure what Dungeons and Dragons is, but Game of Thrones is quite good.

With all these shows, the trick is looking past the gimmick - swords and dragons here, zombies, crystal meth, whatever - and figuring if you like what's left.

But nothing's for everyone. (E.g. I've watched about ten minutes of the Sopranos and will never watch an 11th.)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry, but Vince Vaughn is garbage. Kudos on turning McConaughey into a dramatic actor but Vaughn is a catastrophic miss and threatens to make the whole season unwatchable.

Reaction Score
He's alive. There was no blood, I'm guessing it was not bullets, but instead some type of sand blast to stun him, or he had a vest on.
Good episode tho.

Yeah, I watched that scene again last night. No blood. It might have been a low velocity rubber slug or a shell filled with rock salt.

In the preview the Lieutenant knows that his guy was shot there, and I am thinking that if he died he probably wouldn't have been found. Or at least his body would have been relocated.

Reaction Score
i suppose ferrell could be dead, there was a ton of foreshadowing after his ex confronted him. however he is probably the strongest actor of the bunch so i see no reason why they would ax him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He comes back as a white walker in episode three.

Damn. Was hoping for the second coming of Azor Azhai. Farrell brandishing a flaming sword would really have sparked my interest in this season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're not the only one.

Reaction Score

I didn't think I'd like it either sj as I hate shows that are similar with dragons and . But the battle for the throne and the wars within are worth giving it more time I promise.

Reaction Score
Did anyone pick up on what happened with Tim Riggins and his army buddy in that scene. I was really confused, it almost seemed like he hinted they had some kind of love affair?

Reaction Score
Did anyone pick up on what happened with Tim Riggins and his army buddy in that scene. I was really confused, it almost seemed like he hinted they had some kind of love affair?

No doubt they had a fling in the army by the looks of things. He's hooked up with Rachel in real life now huh? She gets around the sets she's in. LOL

Reaction Score
Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1 thus far, but I chalk that up to what I call the Ferrell-Alba Corollary. Colin Ferrell and Jessica Alba are very attractive A-List stars, but anything they are in is automatically 20% worse than is would have been had someone else played the role.

Still, the show I good and I think Vaughn has been solid. I liked last night's episode and it seems to improve each week.

Reaction Score
Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1 thus far, but I chalk that up to what I call the Ferrell-Alba Corollary. Colin Ferrell and Jessica Alba are very attractive A-List stars, but anything they are in is automatically 20% worse than is would have been had someone else played the role.

Still, the show I good and I think Vaughn has been solid. I liked last night's episode and it seems to improve each week.
Agreed on the season 1 v 2 comparison. At this point I was definitely more in to season 1, but still like this season (haven't watched last nights episode yet though). In terms of performances, I actually see it almost the exact opposite. Vaughn wears me out. It's the same shtick he always plays, minus the punch line or awkward laugh at the end of his lines. I think Farrell and McAdams have been solid, and to a lesser degree Kitsch too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed on the season 1 v 2 comparison. At this point I was definitely more in to season 1, but still like this season (haven't watched last nights episode yet though). In terms of performances, I actually see it almost the exact opposite. Vaughn wears me out. It's the same shtick he always plays, minus the punch line or awkward laugh at the end of his lines. I think Farrell and McAdams have been solid, and to a lesser degree Kitsch too.

Man, I think Kitsch has absolutely sucked. He's too wooden most of the time, and the rest of the time he comes off as fake.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Through Episode 3. This show is growing on me. I like the dual investigation of Vaughn and McAdams both trying to find the killer separately for different reasons. I think Farrell is excellent spiraling out of control, and Vaughn and McAdams are doing good work too. Even the secondary characters are good. I like Vaughn's wife a lot. I can't figure out what the Russian guy's deal is, but I like him too. David Morse (who must come back at some point), the mayor, the clubowner that Vaughn funked up, all good. Overall, the backstory is more interesting and credible than the cult in season 1.

Kitsch is in over his head with this cast. He should stick to acting with CGI creatures. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to communicate in the club.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Vince Vaughn makes Taylor Kitsch look like Anthony Hopkins.

Reaction Score
I don't think the script is at all fair to Vaughn's acting abilities, Daniel Day-Lewis would have trouble making some of that corny dialogue seem believable. Asking any actor to try and look tough in front of a gangster by whispering in his ear, "I've never had a cavity in my whole life" is just laughable.

Reaction Score
Through Episode 3. This show is growing on me. I like the dual investigation of Vaughn and McAdams both trying to find the killer separately for different reasons. I think Farrell is excellent spiraling out of control, and Vaughn and McAdams are doing good work too. Even the secondary characters are good. I like Vaughn's wife a lot. I can't figure out what the Russian guy's deal is, but I like him too. David Morse (who must come back at some point), the mayor, the clubowner that Vaughn funked up, all good. Overall, the backstory is more interesting and credible than the cult in season 1.

Kitsch is in over his head with this cast. He should stick to acting with CGI creatures. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to communicate in the club.
Season 1 was a masterpiece, this season looks like something Fox would produce.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I had no idea the Taylor Kitsch character is gay. In thinking about it, that miss is probably on me and not the show.

Reaction Score
LMAOOO I knew dude was gay as soon as I saw he needed pills to get himself up for that chick in his bed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom