Trevardo Williams as a LB | The Boneyard

Trevardo Williams as a LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
PP made reference to having Trevardo Williams sometimes lining up as a LB at either the media days or the event at the Rent. I'm too lazy to check when he made the reference.

This could be real interesting in a 3-4 defensive set on passing downs.

You can line up Jennings, Stephens and Joseph on the line and bring Trevardo off the edge. The thought of having him lining up a yard off the line of scrimmage on the same side as Joseph can is awesome. You can't double team them both and a healthy Joseph is a beast for most OT's to handle one on one.

Regardless, it looks like TWilliams will have film to show the pro scouts how he can play standing up and in space. That's his future in the NFL. It also gives some of our other LB's a breather and adds depth.

Reaction Score
PP made reference to having Trevardo Williams sometimes lining up as a LB at either the media days or the event at the Rent. I'm too lazy to check when he made the reference.

This could be real interesting in a 3-4 defensive set on passing downs.

You can line up Jennings, Stephens and Joseph on the line and bring Trevardo off the edge. The thought of having him lining up a yard off the line of scrimmage on the same side as Joseph can is awesome. You can't double team them both and a healthy Joseph is a beast for most OT's to handle one on one.

Regardless, it looks like TWilliams will have film to show the pro scouts how he can play standing up and in space. That's his future in the NFL. It also gives some of our other LB's a breather and adds depth.

I am sure that the desire to have each of Jennings, Joseph and T Will on the field on 3rd downs is what is behind the idea. Jennings is way too good to only play a few snaps a game his senior year. One year a while ago, we really played a 3, rather than 4, DE rotation so that Lindsay Witten, as a Jr., could get more snaps. I expect them to do that as well.

Reaction Score
I am sure that the desire to have each of Jennings, Joseph and T Will on the field on 3rd downs is what is behind the idea. Jennings is way too good to only play a few snaps a game his senior year. One year a while ago, we really played a 3, rather than 4, DE rotation so that Lindsay Witten, as a Jr., could get more snaps. I expect them to do that as well.

They showed that type of front (5 players on the line) at different times last season. I think having Trevardo stand up next to Teddy Jennings would be great. Jennings does a great job of pushing the edge. You put a speed demon flying off his hip, and qbs will be running for their lives.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can only imagine the amount of picks he would have as an LB! He's got great speed makes him a value in either position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom