PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Found this on youtube. First episode in an apparent series on Tremont Waters. About 10 minutes long, not a bad watch with nothing else going on this time of year. I absolutely love this kid, one of my favorite prospects in a long time. There's also a couple bonus clips if you look for them.

Reaction Score
Love it. I have been aboard the Tremont Waters bandwagon for some time now. He is one of the most polished high school players in the country regardless of class. Insanely great handle and a menace on D. There's nothing not to love about this kid.

Said it before and will say it again I will be very upset if he doesn't end up in a Husky uni. I may cry.

C

Chief00

The thing very apparent about this kid - is that he loves the game and he has fun playing it. He's pretty talented too.

Reaction Score
Love the way he just plays. No showboating, no in the face stuff, seems unfazed by how good he is and how good he can be. A credit to his family there and the people training him to be great…….he has a bright future and hopefully that continues for a few more years within the CT state boundaries!

Reaction Score
Wow. Has Ray Allen shot and Kemba's ability to create

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The highlight video focused on his scoring and showed very little in the way of passing skills...I assume he is good at that as well as he seems to have an amazingly good feel for the game for his age. Great form on his jumper with high release point, which is good with his shorter stature. He looks like he will be really good.

Reaction Score
One thing this clip didn't really show, besides his passing ability, is his great defense. He really gets after it defensively. He is a terrific pickpocket, and he can really stay in front of his man. Other than being short (and he is still very young with time to grow), he really seems very strong in every aspect of his game.

Reaction Score
One thing this clip didn't really show, besides his passing ability, is his great defense. He really gets after it defensively. He is a terrific pickpocket, and he can really stay in front of his man. Other than being short (and he is still very young with time to grow), he really seems very strong in every aspect of his game.

If you look closely the only time he loses his man is when he gets physically picked off with is pretty normal stuff for a smallish freshman. But other than that I agree 33, he moves his feet well and slides really well for a young kid, way ahead of the scale fundamentally on defense!

Reaction Score
If you look closely the only time he loses his man is when he gets physically picked off with is pretty normal stuff for a smallish freshman. But other than that I agree 33, he moves his feet well and slides really well for a young kid, way ahead of the scale fundamentally on defense!
Also his work ethic and court demeanor are second to none. I cant find a single thing not to love about him. He's 14 in this clip...

C

Chief00

The highlight video focused on his scoring and showed very little in the way of passing skills...I assume he is good at that as well as he seems to have an amazingly good feel for the game for his age. Great form on his jumper with high release point, which is good with his shorter stature. He looks like he will be really good.

I agree, and I much rather see a great assist pass than a solo hoop. Although, I have seen him play a few times and he can definitely pass very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Kid reminds me of a young shabazz

Reaction Score
Next episode is out:

The fact that the video features him running stairs at my old HS field gets me all pumped up to keep him in-state and get this kid to UConn

Reaction Score
And the kid has a 4.0 gpa.

He met Shabazz a little while back and Shabazz basically told him keep the grades up and everything else will work itself out. Good advice and Tremont really took it to heart. I hope Shabazz also said "commit to UConn ASAP".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like hearing that UConn is his dream school, I remember back when he was at Green Farms and he was getting local pub he had said Duke was his dream school. I know its jumping ahead, but I really hope he's a priority, I know there are questions about his size but I've seen him outplay many D1 PGs bigger and older than him, he just has to continue to get stronger and develop physically, even if he doesn't grow another inch he's gonna be fine.

Reaction Score
Keep this kid home.
I will always be partial to in state kids. I hope the staff is as well, especially with all things being equal or even slightly disadvantageous. They should be given preferential status, but I'm old school.

Reaction Score
He is only about 14 in the video. Quick, silky smooth and makes everything look easy against older players.Wow. I think we might have a spot for him.:)

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
He is going to be a very good college player just bc of his jump shot. Hopefully he grows some by the time he gets to school in a couple of years.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Wait, is it common knowledge UConn is his dream school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom