PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with Bass' recruitment, but how can you consider him a loss? He was born and raised in Louisiana. He eventually settled on LSU. Many on this board and the football board want CT's best talent to "stay home" and that's exactly what he did at LSU. If he went anywhere else I would consider it a loss for LSU, but surely not a loss for Uconn.
It wasn't geography, it was Boneyard fans expectations. He was the perfect fit for us and Bass was saying all the right things. Then Uconn fans got way ahead of themselves and worked themselves into a frenzy . This board crashed on what became one of the most refreshed threads ever. The disappointment or "loss" may not have been justified but it was very real and I have never seen anything close to it since.

Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with Bass' recruitment, but how can you consider him a loss? He was born and raised in Louisiana. He eventually settled on LSU. Many on this board and the football board want CT's best talent to "stay home" and that's exactly what he did at LSU. If he went anywhere else I would consider it a loss for LSU, but surely not a loss for Uconn.

Speaking from the perspective of a fan who was not a boneyarder at the time I still remember this vividly. I was turned onto the boneyard far too late in life but have always followed recruiting. Geography or not I thought we had him, in fact I remember talking about it as such. So, it wasn't just because of the board people thought we had him. Although I'm sure it didn't help.

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters always in control. No matter the score, makes the right play at all times! Playmaker and pure facilitator

twitter
Corey Evans

Reaction Score
Danzz said:
It wasn't geography, it was Boneyard fans expectations. He was the perfect fit for us and Bass was saying all the right things. Then Uconn fans got way ahead of themselves and worked themselves into a frenzy . This board crashed on what became one of the most refreshed threads ever. The disappointment or "loss" may not have been justified but it was very real and I have never seen anything close to it since.

The biggest recruiting frenzy I remember was Butler going to UNLV after verbally committing to us. We were ready to tar and feather the kid. I can only I imagine if he had backed out. I don't actually remember the Bass frenzy, but I believe you - it was probably a window where I wasn't following recruiting closely. The only time I personally remember anything stirred up over Bass was this:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only thing that would have been worse:

If Andre Drummond had committed to UK. The board would have imploded and I don't think the pieces could have been put back together.

Reaction Score
Similar to Bass was the Ike Diogu recruitment that ended with him choosing ASU over us. Sometimes we'd end up with a better player in the end, but in the case with Bass and Diogu, we could have used a big of their caliber.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Similar to Bass was the Ike Diogu recruitment that ended with him choosing ASU over us. Sometimes we'd end up with a better player in the end, but in the case with Bass and Diogu, we could have used a big of their caliber.

I didn't feel that Diogu was a huge deal at the time, though I do remember people being beat up about it.

We already had Caron. We had gotten Okafor the year before (and he looked promising). I guess for that 2003 year, we were a bit light in the shorts: Emeka, Mike Hayes, Marcus White, and a string bean freshman--Hilty. Oh, and the immortal Justin Brown. Villanueva, Boone and crew followed in 04. So did Championships.

Reaction Score
I didn't feel that Diogu was a huge deal at the time, though I do remember people being beat up about it.

We already had Caron. We had gotten Okafor the year before (and he looked promising). I guess for that 2003 year, we were a bit light in the shorts: Emeka, Mike Hayes, Marcus White, and a string bean freshman--Hilty. Oh, and the immortal Justin Brown. Villanueva, Boone and crew followed in 04. So did Championships.
They weren't able to win one with Caron, and Diogu might have been the piece that put them over the top. Diogu was 2002 and would have had 2 years under his belt. I believe 2003/04 was the stuck ball loss against Texas and was the season that JC could never find that big to play next to Emeka, or spell him while he was on the bench. It was while JC was sidelined for a while, when Blaney played Marcus White who was buried deep on the bench when Calhoun was at the helm, but was not physically ready to play at the level we needed that season. If White was stronger or if it had been Diogu there in that spot, that attempted dunk would not have been stuffed and stuck between the rim and the backboard. I would have liked our chances of coming away with the W against Texas if that shot went in.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The board got upset in 2010 when we lost out on all the top 100 talent, but it didn't matter in the end!

C

Chief00

I would agree but for a different reason - Some relative started driving around a Benz or BMW right after he signed - pure coincidence -I am sure.

Reaction Score
From yesterday at Big Strick in NYC. Came in the top 3 in the 3pt shooting contest along with Enoch and 2015 5 star Antonio Blakeney.

"2017 South Kent Prep (CT) PGTremont Waters is a mix of Tyus Jones and Shabazz Napier. Floor leadership, vision & poise are second to none."

"Heard #Ballastvalums TremontWaters and Damon Wilson had New York Buzzing at the Big Strick Classic way to represent boys!" -BallasTV

"Young boy Tremont Waters out here operatin #NYCHoops#BigStrickClassic #BallIsLife instagram.com/p/rf3-uZukYB/"

"Tremont Waters played very well at The Big Strick tonight. His explosiveness & three point shooting makes him a clear cut High Major guard." -Lawless

"@TremontWaters shows high level ball handling ability and a smooth jumper. Will develop into a solid high major point guard." -C2C

"“@EliteMixtapesNC: TremontWaters Electrifies NYC - Crowd Rushes Court youtube.com/watch?v=MIDjYG… ”yellow tape is at it again" -BallasTV

"#GHPA #mixtape feat@WizForPresident@WizForPresident @princejames20@RealKel_davis @TremontWaters@Jbutt45 @GotGomesyoutu.be/z7p9OPL_mW8" -Lidvision

---

Really like the Tyus Jones-Shabazz comparison. Need to lock this kid up now. He really likes UConn. Been a fan since he was young. Gotta lock him up early.

Reaction Score
He and Wilson went back and forth in iso situations for about 5 straight possessions. In my opinion, he got the better of Wilson. 2 years Wilson's junior and giving up about 6 inches he really only got beat when Wilson bullied him. Impressive handle.

And he came very close to winning the 3pt. He had 19 in 1st round, a number no one matched in the entire competition. Then in the finals he tied Blakeney with 14, eventually losing in the tiebreak.

Reaction Score
hopefully he grows 3-4 inches. i grew 5 inches from 10th grade to my freshman year in college. He is really talented, you could tell when he went head to head with devonte graham. borges is always talking him up for some reason

Reaction Score
Tremont WatersPG, 5-11, 165, 2017
South Kent Prep (CT)

On the surface, Waters is a thinly-built diminutive point guard who looks physically outmatched.

But when the ball was tipped on Friday and Saturday, Waters quickly made it known that he was an absolutely elite player.

The rising sophomore is a first-class floor general, a mix of Tyus Jones and Shabazz Napier. Waters has Jones’ poise and handle, and Napier’s shot-making ability. He controls the pace of the game, sets up teammates with pin-point passes, and can create his own shot when the defense falls apart. Waters also showed the ability to guard, staying low in his stance and pressing up on bigger players. Waters did a very good job defending Damon Wilson, a 6-5 Pittsburgh commit.

Waters is virtually unknown to the media right now, but college coaches have taken notice, as he already has 13 high-major scholarship offers.

Besides his diminutive size and understandably weak frame, Waters didn’t display many weaknesses at the Big Strick Classic. I think he will end up as a top-3 point guard in the class.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/big-strick-classic-recap-3/

Reaction Score
Besides his diminutive size and understandably weak frame, Waters didn’t display many weaknesses at the Big Strick Classic. I think he will end up as a top-3 point guard in the class.

Been preaching that for about a year now.

It's years out and I already know I will very upset if he commits anywhere else. KEEP HIM HOME!

Reaction Score
Tremont waters is the most under appreciated playmaking PG in 2017# #BigStrick

Reaction Score
Tremont waters is the most under appreciated playmaking PG in 2017# #BigStrick

It won't stay that way for long. Size/strength is his only real weakness, and if he grows; oh my.

Reactions: THC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger