PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that was in the Bronx
My bad, the video you posted of him going against Hot Sauce was in New Haven I'm guessing, because you see Bobby Moore early in the clip.

Reaction Score
Borges seems to think he'll commit soon. I was impressed how he went at the future kansas pg. he is eerily similar to bazz, shooting in tight spaces off the bounce. there probably will never be another bazz though

Reaction Score
Borges seems to think he'll commit soon. I was impressed how he went at the future kansas pg. he is eerily similar to bazz, shooting in tight spaces off the bounce. there probably will never be another bazz though
Nobody has done what Bazz has, but we also thought we'd never see another Kemba

Reaction Score
My bad, the video you posted of him going against Hot Sauce was in New Haven I'm guessing, because you see Bobby Moore early in the clip.
That was at Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, CT

Reaction Score
Add Seton Hall to the list of offers for 2017 Tremont Waters, he visited Unofficially last night.@VerbalCommits @D1Circuit

Reaction Score
11 points in 45 seconds. The kid can PLAY! Here's to the hope he grows about 3/4 inches, which not a crazy idea given his age. I know it's very very early for him but if we don't land him I think it will be the most upset I've ever been missing a recruit. STAY HOME.

Reaction Score
11 points in 45 seconds. The kid can PLAY! Here's to the hope he grows about 3/4 inches, which not a crazy idea given his age. I know it's very very early for him but if we don't land him I think it will be the most upset I've ever been missing a recruit. STAY HOME.
You are probably too young to remember the Brandon Bass recruiting. The old board crashed; definitely the most disappointing recruit loss for us.

Reaction Score
Were any UConn staffers present at the tournament in Massachusetts to witness Waters's feat?

Reaction Score
You are probably too young to remember the Brandon Bass recruiting. The old board crashed; definitely the most disappointing recruit loss for us.

Not too young, just new to the board really. I'm sure I'm not amongst the oldest on here but 90s or later and I not much should get past me. But you're right, I was shocked and upset when he choose LSU. Honestly think my worst, angrier atleast, was when Bynum had the huge game at the McDonald’s AA and bolted for the NBA.

Reaction Score
The big hits early in recruiting for me were Perry Carter to OSU and Tony Scott who changed his commitment to UC only to go to the Orange……..ended up at T A&M I believe

Reaction Score
Were any UConn staffers present at the tournament in Massachusetts to witness Waters's feat?

Just speculating but I doubt it. Not to sound harsh but they really had more important places to be.

He will be at the Peach Jam next weekend. Not sure how much time he'll see with the 17u team, if any, but as usual he should be a feature for the 16u. I'm sure at some point someone will take in atleast one of his games.

Reaction Score
The big hits early in recruiting for me were Perry Carter to OSU and Tony Scott who changed his commitment to UC only to go to the Orange……..ended up at T A&M I believe

Not exactly recruiting loses but I hated losing Marcus Cox and Doug Wrenn. Such high hopes for them both when they signed on.

Reaction Score
Not exactly recruiting loses but I hated losing Marcus Cox and Doug Wrenn. Such high hopes for them both when they signed on.
Marcus Cox was a huge disappointment. He just wasn't good enough.
As Mau mentioned, Perry Carter was an early disappointment and before that Sly Williams from New Haven.

Reaction Score
As Mau mentioned, Perry Carter was an early disappointment and before that Sly Williams from New Haven.

Yeah, this is where I am too young, my knowledge of Carter was non existent before today and I only remember Tony Scott from violations/transfer at Syracuse. Williams I know, but that's only because I'm a basketball fan from Southern CT.

Reaction Score
... Perry Carter was an early disappointment and before that Sly Williams from New Haven.

Do you know why Sly Williams went to URI?

Some URI boosters gave Sly $10 grand at a party at a motel in Rhode Island during a campus visit. I knew the New Haven street agent who set up the whole thing. The sad thing about Williams was that when he retired after 7 years as a pro, he couldn't live on an NBA pension of over $100 grand/year. He'd blow it all on drugs in a week or two, then scrounge off friends until the next check.

Reaction Score

Sly, Soup, Eason, Heard, Mahorn's, Williamson's and so many others were "too good" to play for their state school at the time……….

Reaction Score
We did not have the tutoring prog at the time. Most of those guys would never have lasted.:(:(

Reaction Score
Do you know why Sly Williams went to URI?

Some URI boosters gave Sly $10 grand at a party at a motel in Rhode Island during a campus visit. I knew the New Haven street agent who set up the whole thing. The sad thing about Williams was that when he retired after 7 years as a pro, he couldn't live on an NBA pension of over $100 grand/year. He'd blow it all on drugs in a week or two, then scrounge off friends until the next check.
I heard there was something dirty with Sly and probably Jiggy Williamson too. Add Super John Williamson to the list.

Reaction Score

I'm not familiar with Bass' recruitment, but how can you consider him a loss? He was born and raised in Louisiana. He eventually settled on LSU. Many on this board and the football board want CT's best talent to "stay home" and that's exactly what he did at LSU. If he went anywhere else I would consider it a loss for LSU, but surely not a loss for Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom