PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you're still digging this hole. It's not like Stanley Johnson's height is a matter of opinion. You're wrong and you sound silly.

I'm not but I don't care. Someone's wrong and it's not me but keep having your fun. It never matter where they get measured it's not accurate, but once again who cares. As long as you have fun with it! LOL

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Height doesn't arbitrarily determine talent. Just because he's 5'9 doesn't make him unsuitable to play for the UCONN Huskies. Sure it's much rarer for players of that height to be top contributors, but that doesn't make it impossible by definition.

Reaction Score
Height doesn't arbitrarily determine talent. Just because he's 5'9 doesn't make him unsuitable to play for the UCONN Huskies. Sure it's much rarer for players of that height to be top contributors, but that doesn't make it impossible by definition.

No one said he wasn't suitable where do people make this crap up?

Reaction Score
Seriously man wtf are you talking about?

Seriously MAN just pointing out what I actually saw watching a basketball game. Is that okay with you MAN? I realize I'm not super J with all the fn facts but I don't question you everytime I see some of your stupidity!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No one said he wasn't suitable where do people make this crap up?

I don't know, ask the dude who's arguing that we need to be recruiting big PGs because that's who the lottery picks/NBA all-stars are.

Reaction Score
Ah, so if someone tells you the measurements you just say the measurements are wrong. I get it now. Incidentally, even if what you meant was that he's closer to pangos than a big, you're still wrong. But have fun with it!

I'm not but I don't care. Someone's wrong and it's not me but keep having your fun. It never matter where they get measured it's not accurate, but once again who cares. As long as you have fun with it! LOL

Reaction Score
@GiveNGoBball: UConn is here at the Big Apple Invitational watching Tremont Waters.

Looks like he's having a good game as well:
@courtcred: South Kent 2017 G Tremont Waters with a nice spin move finish in transition. @bigapplebball

@courtcred: South Kent G Tremont Waters lighting it up from deep with four 3's

And that's just before halftime.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's going to be an amazing college player. Really hoping he sticks with his favorite team growing up.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's Glenn Miller watching him.
Looks like he wont be coming here or the visit wont have much impact then unfortunately, today's recruits gravitate to the recruiters they can "relate to" (translate that how you wish), and Miller isnt of that mold. Ollie cant be everywhere at once watching recruits himself, the staff needs an upgrade.

Reaction Score
Looks like he wont be coming here or the visit wont have much impact then unfortunately, today's recruits gravitate to the recruiters they can "relate to" (translate that how you wish), and Miller isnt of that mold. Ollie cant be everywhere at once watching recruits himself, the staff needs an upgrade.

That's today.....ko has seen him play

Reaction Score

Wow. That is a wild jump

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Hmmm so I guess Glen Miller watches a recruit play and then we get cut from the recruit's list immediately following that game....hilarious statement

Reaction Score
I'm always amazed at 2 things in his mixtapes:

1. The ball never touches the rim. I know its a mixtape, but regardless none of the MAKES even touch the rim.
2. he makes 1-2 plays where he is making INCREDIBLE defensive plays near the rim, at 5'11. Sick hops/anticipation.
If he's listed at 5'11 now he'll automatically be "6'1" in college, just like Boat is 6' now.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

You're right. There simply isn't any goofy middle aged white dudes who are successful on the recruiting trail. :confused::confused::confused:

(Well, except for maybe the two most successful recruiters in the country)
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050114aaa.html

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/View...B_OEM_ID=30700&ATCLID=207985391&Q_SEASON=2014

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The height doesn't bother me at all. UCONN has done quite well with smaller guards, with Shabazz, Gordon, Walker and Boat. I would love him to commit to UCONN and do it early on before the Kentucky's of the world put on the full court press with World Wide Wes.

Reaction Score
I wonder if KO knows what a horrible mistake he just made. You should probably tweet at him and explain why Glen Miller should just stay locked in his office during recruiting season.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to 2/1 and 2/3 games at Brewster. Forget which is which, but South Kent is one game and St Thomas More the other. I haven't watched Waters play yet.

Reaction Score
The height doesn't bother me at all. UCONN has done quite well with smaller guards, with Shabazz, Gordon, Walker and Boat. I would love him to commit to UCONN and do it early on before the Kentucky's of the world put on the full court press with World Wide Wes.

Gordon was 6'1" barefoot. I don't know if I'd put him in the same category as those other guys.

Reaction Score
Went to the Brewster (Jalen Adams) vs South Kent (Tremont Waters) game yesterday. They were seldom head to head. Brewster put D.Crisp on Waters. Crisp is a super athlete going to Washington, that is only a couple inches taller than Waters. This was my first time seeing Waters in person, unfortunately, I did not happen to catch an overall outstanding game by Tremont. He hit a couple of deep shots, and scored ok, but had a lot of misses. He is very quick with herky jerky moves like Boatright, has to step back and fade away to get his shot off when contested, and tends to force a quick release to get the shot away before defenders react. On a breakaway layup that he converted, he had to really work not to get the shot blocked from behind. He is very small and not overly athletic to compensate. He saw the court well and got the ball to open players but lost many potential assists because they did not convert. He had 3-4 quick hands steals, but defensively can only match up when the offensive player puts the ball on the floor. The offensive player has the advantage once he elevates. Adams is a can't miss player - Tremont is a player that will need to play to his strengths. If the opposing team has a Brimah underneath, then Tremont will be reduced to spot up 3's and setting up other players. I know he always shoots better than what I saw.

I was in the second row, on dead balls he drifted towards me and took instruction from the man in front of me. As time wore down to under 5 minutes and down -17ish, the instructions were to "make sure your having fun out there, I love you" . It was his dad I had been talking with during the game. I indicated that I was going to enjoy watching him over the next couple of years, and into college whether he chose UConn or not. His dad said "education is very important in our house, and we expect Tremont to complete is high school course work and requirements NEXT SPRING", I said " a surprise reclassification ahead a year like Shabazz", he smiled.

Take it for what it's worth, read into it what you will, it is first hand, and, his dad seems well grounded and a nice guy.

Reaction Score
Forgot to mention, #32 Jovan Grujic 7'1 220lbs from Pancevo, Serbia class of 2016 I thought was an interesting player for South Kent. He was a classic European type player that I associate with Lithuania. He hit a 3, hit a classic 8 foot hook shot, made a good move in the lane for a basket, and was an active player. Wasn't an imposing rim protector type, but was a nice player like Josh Sharma. We need an immediate impact 5 star player big man, but as a complimentary player in a big man rotation I would want to watch him again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom