PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The kid can play, I never said that. Also I never said we should abandon recruiting him, I said if he's already listing Duke as his dream school despite being a CT native, then clearly he is not a lock and can be risky player to invest too much time into, thats all I said. Also, there is a big difference on the court between 5' 9" and 6ft like Kemba and Bazz. Yikes, you guys are touchy today...

Reaction Score
His game is excellent no doubt. And hopefully he grows at least to 5'9 because now he's 5'5 or 6". At that size there is no "must get" no matter what his skill set is. Even at 5'9" there are very few "must gets" I'm sorry. Love, LOVE to have him because he's player. But there's big guys who are must gets, good guards are easier to find.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
His game is excellent no doubt. And hopefully he grows at least to 5'9 because now he's 5'5 or 6". At that size there is no "must get" no matter what his skill set is. Even at 5'9" there are very few "must gets" I'm sorry. Love, LOVE to have him because he's player. But there's big guys who are must gets, good guards are easier to find.

First Stanley Johnson is the same size as Kevin Pangos (hilarious and bizarre and obviously not true by the way) and now Waters is 5-5. I have to say, you might be the single worst estimator of guys' heights I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is about as close to a surefire kid as a soph in high school can be. Can't believe there are any UConn fans questioning if we want him, the kid is going to be an absolute stud in college and he's from Connecticut.

The negativity is based on him mentioning Duke. Recruiting is a long game and some of these guys are already preparing their "we didn't want him anyway" spiel.

Reaction Score
First Stanley Johnson is the same size as Kevin Pangos (hilarious and bizarre and obviously not true by the way) and now Waters is 5-5. I have to say, you might be the single worst estimator of guys' heights I've ever seen.

Or is it you Crack? Watch the games, tell me about Stanley Johnson then! How big is Hollis-Jefferson? He was listed as 6'7" Johnson stood next to him and was smaller. Why would I make it up?

And how big is Waters, you have a better idea? He's not 5'9 yet that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Or is it you Crack? Watch the games, tell me about Stanley Johnson then! How big is Hollis-Jefferson? He was listed as 6'7" Johnson stood next to him and was smaller. Why would I make it up?
FWIW

Stanley Johnson was measured at the Lebron James & Kevin Durant Skills Academy in the summer of 2013. He measured in at 6'7.5" at both, and he is currently listed as 6'7" on Arizona's website.

Kevin Pangos was at the 2013 PG Skills Academy and measured in at 6'1.5".

Reaction Score

Wait a minute, he actually said they were the same size??

Reaction Score
Wait a minute, he actually said they were the same size??
Think he did, but what he really meant was that Johnson was closer to Pangos' height than Johnson's actual listed height. I guess he was trying to say that Johnson is really 6'3"?

Reaction Score
Think he did, but what he really meant was that Johnson was closer to Pangos' height than Johnson's actual listed height. I guess he was trying to say that Johnson is really 6'3"?

lol, yea he's been on some height schtick for the longest, can't really take any of it seriously.

Reaction Score

And how big is Waters, you have a better idea? He's not 5'9 yet that's for sure.
Hollis-Jefferson was measured by USA basketball in 2013 as 6.5 without shoes. Stanley Johnson was measured by USA basketball in 2014 as 6.675 without shoes.

Maybe Hollis-Jefferson grew, but it's still hilarious you think eyeballing guys on the TV is an accurate way of determining height.

Reaction Score
5'5 or 5'6, you couldn't be more wrong.

Reaction Score

Seriously man wtf are you talking about?

Reaction Score

I'm not sure why you're still digging this hole. It's not like Stanley Johnson's height is a matter of opinion. You're wrong and you sound silly.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The question is, how many Hilton Units is Waters?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Wait..Don't we have a 5' 9" point guard now?
No, we have never had a 5' 9" point guard. Kemba, Bazz, Boat, KEA all 6 feet. People here think Boatright's height is inflated but I met the guy several times last year and previous years while at UConn and he was definitely 6', he appears tiny because hes on a court next to guys 6-7 inches taller than him and he looks proportionally small.

Reaction Score
BUHusky10 said:
No, we have never had a 5' 9" point guard. Kemba, Bazz, Boat, KEA all 6 feet. People here think Boatright's height is inflated but I met the guy several times last year and previous years while at UConn and he was definitely 6', he appears tiny because hes on a court next to guys 6-7 inches taller than him and he looks proportionally small.

KEA was 5-10 (listed)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Amin

Reaction Score

Boatright measured 5-10 at the Nike Skills camp.

Reaction Score
Both kemba and Bazz measured under 6 ft without shoes at the NBA combine.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Both kemba and Bazz measured under 6 ft without shoes at the NBA combine.
Well its a good thing basketball players wear shoes when they play.

Reaction Score
Boatright and El-Amin both 5'10.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Every time Boat stood next to Bazz it was clear who was taller. So is the point that a 5' 9" sophomore in high school can't play for UCONN. It is just not true.
Our 6 foot plus guards have not exactly been overwhelming. I'll be happy to welcome another "too short'' guard in the mold of KEA, Kemba, Bazz and Boat. They are, at least, close to the 4 best we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom