Top frosh | The Boneyard

Top frosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's everyone's sense of who the top newbies are based on games so far?

The ones that jump to mind are Reimer, Davis and Chong. Who should be added to this list?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ND point guard? Bit early to really know as most of them are playing in some seriously unbalanced games.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Gray for sure!

I also like Goiya Carter out of Oklahoma!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Tyler Scaife of Rutgers. Has had one bad game, and two good so far. She'll likely see even more playing time since Betnijah Laney sprained her ankle.

U

UCONNfan1

Any list without Gray of UNC isnt complete
She's been sensational. Webb for Vandy has been a starter for them but her numbers are not eye popping. Scaife for Rutgers hasn't started but is averaging close to 10 PPG.

Poor Stanford has no one besides Chiney and Amber who seem to be able to score much. Roni Williams from Florida is also having a nice season- 10 PPG. Russel's been up and down but she is also averaging 10 PPG. Moncrief for LSU is also averaging over 10 PPG. I'm sure there are others, but it seem like a lot of them are really making an impact.

But I would say so far only Davis (GT) and Gray (UNC) have sensational stats. Reimer is a close second with 13 PPG and 9 RPG. I would put Chong slightly below the group of Scaife, Williams, Moncrief and Russell (she's averaging 7.5 PPG) but does more than just score as she's a guard not a forward/center.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What about the guard for Vandy..... I forget her name... maybe Dahlman ??

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Definately Reimer. Chong on the list. Gray. Davis. Too soon to tell about Russell.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Russell is getting better. Right now she is 10.5 points and 5 rebounds. I was impressed with Davis of GT. Gray for UNC is a good one. I think it's going to be a good race for FOY.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Holy cow! Just looked at Gray's numbers. Unbelievable.

I think she was under the radar entering the season.. in that she tore her ACL during the summer trials.. and didnt play her senior year. But she was the Player of the year in the state of Georgia her Junior year... over both DeShields AND Davis. Thats saying alot.

Reaction Score
No other freshman has had to play against three ranked teams, two of them top ten.
Indeed.

It's hard to see Chong not being in the top five based on what we've seen so far. In my mind she has made as strong an initial impression as any freshman at UConn over the last ten years not named Maya or Breanna.

Reaction Score
What about the guard for Vandy..... I forget her name... maybe Dahlman ??

Rebekah Dahlman at Vandy, from tiny Braham, MN. She scored more than 5,000 points in high school and led her team to five straight state tournaments (and one title). Very tough kid and physical...comments around these parts about her was that she "plays like a guy."

Reaction Score
Nia Coffey from Northwestern is averaging 15.3 ppg.
Alaina Coates from South Carolina is averaging 13.3 ppg and 9rpg
Kelsey Plum from Washington is averaging 22.3 ppg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member