Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Duke On Saturday. Game Is On ESPN. Time TDB. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Duke On Saturday. Game Is On ESPN. Time TDB.

Reaction Score
1. Survive and advance
2. No injuries
3. Outscore Duke at the free throw line
# 3 ... win the free throw battle is one of many, critical points. DUKE made
33 of 38 free throw attempts over the first two NCAA games = 86.84 %
Duke made 9 of 9 in game # 1 and 24 of 29 in the upset (?) win over Ohio State.

Reaction Score
It just appears to be a very ingrained habit. I'm sure no one could stop that move before college and even now she blows by her man. The difference is that there is usually a good sized big with talent underneath waiting for her now. The last time she did that on Monday night and got blocked, she had a wide open lane where she could have easily got a 12 or even a 10 foot pull up off no problem. It's a very high percentage shot. Part of it may be her speed also. She is going so fast it may be hard to get vertical. Either way, it is a very turnover prone move when she tries to finish.
She should watch the tape of our game with Texas and see how Harmon attacked us and practice getting by her defender and pull up jumpers around the elbow and key which Paige does as well.

Reaction Score
She should watch the tape of our game with Texas and see how Harmon attacked us and practice getting by her defender and pull up jumpers around the elbow and key which Paige does as well.
And she has that shot because we have seen it from her. She just needs the confidence to shoot it like Ash has.

Reaction Score
Last weekend Ash and Paige really carried the offense and AE was very average for a person of her ability.

This weekend I expect Paige to still be Paige, Ash to come down a little and AE to have a monster weekend.

Secondly I expect Duke to play a defense that is more in tune with how UConn likes to play offense which should give Nika and KK a chance to help out from the arc.

I think both Nika and KK will have a great defensive game against Duke and make it hard for them to get the points they got last weekend in their OSU game.

Jds

Reaction Score
1. Stop playing slow, when my elderly mother screams at the TV telling them to move you know it is a problem.
2. Score more on fast breaks
3. KK takes more shots, otherwise we are playing 3 against 5

Reaction Score
# 3 ... win the free throw battle is one of many, critical points. DUKE made
33 of 38 free throw attempts over the first two NCAA games = 86.84 %
Duke made 9 of 9 in game # 1 and 24 of 29 in the upset (?) win over Ohio State.
I like the way you frame it "upset (?) win" -- it can't be an accident when a team generates 24 points on 83.75% FT shooting. I'd guess it's a point of emphasis, something they specifically work on in practice. A way to cash in on players that aren't disciplined about not fouling.

Reaction Score
I still believe that no injuries and a win are always givens so given that:
1. At least 5 UConn players are in double figures
2. The defense does its job without getting anyone in foul trouble (refs are invisible and unneeded)
3. At no point in the game does the team stand around and watch Paige play but stay involved

Reaction Score
More playing time for Q- if Geno waits until she might be needed, that might be too late to just insert her into game

Reaction Score
Ice needs to play like she did in the BE championship games. We know it’s there we saw it.
KK does so many good things but gets herself jammed up inside way too often. She just needs to stop doing that.
Did anyone notice this pic posted 8 hours ago on Facebook UCONN Fan page with captain “Practice at Nike World HQ”? I hope Ice is ok and able to play tomorrow - good Lord!

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 17
Reaction Score
I’ve noticed these things that are being done be most of the teams in the tournament. Nerves?
1. Blockout and rein in those rebounds. Too often it looks like a volleyball game has broken out under the hoop.
2. Sharp passing to a teammate not the sidelines. Putting sufficient force behind a pass, no more passes that look like teams are using a ballon instead of a basketball.
3. Don’t drive into the trees and attempt to make a layup that wii be blocked or may result in a traveling call. Take a pull up instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom