Top 10 SG Carter (TN 2016) picks Vandy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 10 SG Carter (TN 2016) picks Vandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder why Vandy can't move the pointer - it is a very good school at the top of the SEC academically.

I can't speak about Vandy athletics in general, but as far as WCBB goes: women's college basketball is a coaches's sport, more than most other levels and types of basketball. There's only a small minority of coaches out there with the needed coaching ability and recruitment ability to elevate a program to the highest level. Dawn Staley is an example of a young coach who appears to be doing this, but Dawn Staleys don't grow on trees.

Should Vandy stumble upon such a coach, their natural advantages should enable them to build an upper echelon program. But not until then.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If Graves is going to play any appreciable minutes at the center position, you can kiss the SEC regular season crown, the SEC tournament championship and the NCAA elite eight good bye.

I still like and have hopes for Graves.
She seemed very depressed and out of sorts last season.
But if she returns to her freshman standards
She could be a big help for the Vols, even akin to Kiah

Reaction Score
Holly is referring to the fact that her team has ten players 6'0" or taller and eight players 6'2" or taller. By any standard that is tall for a women's team. Plus she still has two 2015s--6' 4" Mompremier and 6' 5" Brown--whose school choices have yet to be announced

Tennessee has 2 players taller than 6'2" that can play this year, Harrison and Moore are both listed as 6'3" but Moore rarely plays so they really have only 1 player over 6'2" that will see meaningful playing time.
Fact. In order to get to 8 players 6'2" or taller you have to include Russell who had both feet operated on and is not playing this year. (height as per UT's official web site's roster)
"By any standard that is tall for a women's team" Any standard ?
How about by the University of South Carolina standard ?
They have 3 players listed at 6'4" and one 6'5"
If "By any standard that is tall for a women's team" was accurate than why the desperation on the part of Lady Vol fans to secure Brown and/or Mompremier ?

Reaction Score
I still like and have hopes for Graves.
She seemed very depressed and out of sorts last season.
But if she returns to her freshman standards
She could be a big help for the Vols, even akin to Kiah

I happen to agree with you on Graves. She was very good her freshman year but her play fell badly last year.
I also think there is hope for her but not at the center position and I don't see her as the shot blocker that Stokes is.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn has had the talent no question about it. IMO the problem has been some kids are not coachable. Holly needs to instill discipline and be firm with every player. This is about the team working together as one unit not about the stats of a couple of players.

Reaction Score
TN is stacked. I am not really concerned at all about guards until 2017. Diamond and Mercedes will have three years to play together. That is HUGE. Other elite players will wants to play with them. Holly has done a fabulous job recruiting and we have more talent now than any year since 2008.
I'm not concerned about Tennessee guards either. I also think the odds of Diamond and Mercedes playing three years are about the same.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Stacked ? How will this "Stackness" manifest itself in wins and losses this year ? Does it mean Tennessee will win the SEC regular season title ? Or maybe it means that they make the final four ? How's this for a quote "Interesting that LVol beat writer Dan Fleser picked SCarolina and Texas A&M to finish ahead of the LVols."

Not sure why that's interesting. He hasn't picked TN for years and each year, they've either won the regular season, the tourney, or both.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I happen to agree with you on Graves. She was very good her freshman year but her play fell badly last year.
I also think there is hope for her but not at the center position and I don't see her as the shot blocker that Stokes is.

She was injured alot last season and had never dealt with injuries her entire career. She admitted how much this frustrated her and she had to learn how to push through the pain. Fully healthy this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom