Top 10 backcourts in the country from CBSSports.com | The Boneyard

Top 10 backcourts in the country from CBSSports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn number 4 behind Memphis, Louisville and Oklahoma State. UConn's backcourt will have 4 chances to show it's better than Memphis and Louisville.

4. Connecticut

Guards: Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Omar Calhoun, Lasan Kromah
Comment: This is a scary thought: the Huskies might have the fourth-best backcourt in the country – and third-best in their own conference. Napier is an All-America candidate, while Boatright is explosive. Calhoun is a nice third option, and Kromah provides quality depth.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ball-preview-top-10-backcourts-in-the-country

Luckily Jeff Goodman doesn't work for CBSSports.com any more or he'd say that UConn's backcourt shouldn't be ranked and they have nobody in the backcourt.

U

UCONNfan1

I don't remember seeing this posted but if you want a good laugh here's Dickie V's, Mich State the top backcourt, UConn 12th

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/story/_/id/9839457/ranking-top-backcourts-college-basketball
Good grief, my 2 year old daughter could have written this...

Kevin Ollie will rely heavily on Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright and Omar Calhoun.

Really Dickie? What a shocker. Great insight. :confused:

I have no real argument with putting us at #4. Rankings of any kind are inexact at best. And it gives fans something to talk about at any rate.

Reaction Score
Nice to see a new hoops school like Boise State getting some love at #10.........

These are all for fun, let them play out. Memphis is loaded but couldn't win a big game at all with what they had last year....bring'em on!

Reaction Score
teams that have unproven players on a high major D1 level for some reason seem to get a bump. i guess they bring some excitement because of the unknown? or maybe because it's easy to see the weaknesses of someone like boatright, but a freshman guard hasn't been exposed yet? at any rate UConn has more proven back court skill overall than anyone in the country.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
4 isn't chop liver. And when UConn beats Memphis and Ville, Ollie will get the cache for the "upsets" and it will help recruiting in the future! So personally I rather UConn start out as behind those teams in the preseason because the team has more to lose and less to gain by being 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom