Tom Lemming rates Newsome 4+ stars | The Boneyard

Tom Lemming rates Newsome 4+ stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some nice publicity for Newsome and UCONN from Tom Lemming. He seems to give UCONN more publicity though the years than any other recruiting expert

Reaction Score
Mix him in well with Max and move McCombs to the slot. Let's gooooooo
For all the complaints about McCombs, I think he averaged 4.7 yards per carrry last season. I could be way off, but I swore I read that stat somewhere.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Don't forget Josh Marriner who redshirted last year and who comes in with some sterling numbers out of Virginia.

Reaction Score
For all the complaints about McCombs, I think he averaged 4.7 yards per carrry last season. I could be way off, but I swore I read that stat somewhere.

ESPN has it at 4.2.....but I get your point.

Edit: I should also add that 4.2 it the same YPC that he had his freshman year and is better than his sophomore year which ESPN has at 3.5.

Reaction Score
The biggest issue was consistency. If you take a look at that game by game, there are some truly wild swings. There were 7 games in which he averaged 3.2 YPC or lower and then a handful of really good ones against USF, UCF, and SMU which offset those. Definitely had a lot to do with line play though.

But I think the overall answer is that he should only play against teams with three-letter abbreviations.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't forget Josh Marriner who redshirted last year and who comes in with some sterling numbers out of Virginia.

Depth at RB is a necessity. As someone who was in the stands for this game, I've seen it first hand. Calvin Jones came off the bench to rush for 294 on 27 carries and score 6 TDs. KU actually had a good D at the time.

Reaction Score
Lyle is a decent back. He is a dropoff, from some of our other backs, but the real problem was PGDL. They simply overused him and tried to force feed him the ball like he is some sort of game breaker like Tavon Austin. I have feeling he will have a nice all around senior year for us if his off the field issues resolve themselves.

Reaction Score

Was 4.2 and over 70 TEAMS had higher ypc, which includes losses through sacks.

Reaction Score
[quote="Husky68, post: 839241, member: 17LA4.2 and over 70 TEAMS had higher ypc, which includes losses through sacks.[/quote]
70 teams probably had a much more stable O-line than we did. Probably better coaching.
I am not the biggest McCombs fan but I thought he was better than opinions on this board would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom