Tolksdorf | The Boneyard

Tolksdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
David Borges ‏@DaveBorges
Leon Tolksdorf is looking into a possible transfer to Bryant University, per a source. Apparently, he's on campus right now.

Wein @nickweinstein27
Leon Tolksdorf is at Bryant right now.... Possible transfer for you Uconn fans that know

If this thread is a no-no, delete it. But since it's on twitter, I figured it would be okay.

Reaction Score
Borges is reporting it so not a no-no (IMO). I'm actually a little heartened that the Boneyard hasn't been batting this kid's name around in the last few months.

I like Leon's game and I think he can actually help a mid-major a lot.

He could do what all those deep 3 guys on Creighton were doing (not saying Creighton is a mid-major).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think this is speculation anymore. I thought this might happen with him getting such little playing time. Oh well; I wish you the best Leon if you do actually go.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What game was that where he came off the bench and started banging threes in the first half? I didn't even know who he was when he did it.

I don't know what surprises me more. That Tolksdorf takes Calc or that someone on the Boneyard does.

Reaction Score
What game was that where he came off the bench and started banging threes in the first half? I didn't even know who he was when he did it.

I don't know what surprises me more. That Tolksdorf takes Calc or that someone on the Boneyard does.
I believe that was last years Villanova game we lost.

Reaction Score
Now if Tolks leaves, along with Boat & DD, that leaves 9 scholarship players for next year *shudders*

If that happens, maybe we see 2 or 3 5th year transfers on the team next year?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Now if Tolks leaves, along with Boat & DD, that leaves 9 scholarship players for next year *shudders*

If that happens, maybe we see 2 or 3 5th year transfers on the team next year?

This would be the roster:

Nolan, Brimah, Facey, Samuel, Calhoun, Hamilton, Cassel, Purvis, Lukin

We will see at least 1 5th year, although I think filling up those slots with transfers is a good idea. We need to keep schollies for the following class, because next year there will not be a single senior if Boat and DD both leave.

Reaction Score

A boneyarder who takes Physics took it this spring with Napier.

Reaction Score
Hey no shame. Guy needs to look out for himself and get some playing time. He help us to a championship. He work hard in practice and that's enough for me. If he leaves he leaves with a championship and he will always be a Husky!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Borges is reporting it so not a no-no (IMO). I'm actually a little heartened that the Boneyard hasn't been batting this kid's name around in the last few months.

I like Leon's game and I think he can actually help a mid-major a lot.

He could do what all those deep 3 guys on Creighton were doing (not saying Creighton is a mid-major).
I am. Creighton is a mid-major.

Bryant has been championship eligible for only 2 years. They are really a minor program. That said, I think Tolksdolf can help elevate them to mid-major status before too long. He has two more years of eligibility. Tolksdorf appears to be Division 1 capable, but he was behind the best back court in the country and an underrated freshman.

Tolksdorf has never scored more than 6 points in a single game, but that game was last year vs 'Nova and they were on 2 3-pointer. I guess technically that can be called banging threes, if only because it is plural, but still...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Good luck to him if he's gone. Forever a Husky, forever a champion as far as I'm concerned.

And hell, if he ends up at Bryant there's a good chance he can help knock Duke or Cuse out in the first round a couple of years from now.

Reaction Score
Totally understand the move and wish him the best if true. He should be a pretty nice player at a lower level.

Reaction Score
Wish him the best if he decides to leave. If it was me no way would I leave. Practicing with this team is better than playing for Bryant.

Reaction Score
Amazing how many guys with rings have transferred out of UConn. Great kid and he will be missed if it happens, but this is huge for 2015 recruiting.
It's like when the toilet unclogs right before you put the plunger in. No more clog and you avoid the mess.

Reaction Score
I am. Creighton is a mid-major.

Bryant has been championship eligible for only 2 years. They are really a minor program. That said, I think Tolksdolf can help elevate them to mid-major status before too long. He has two more years of eligibility. Tolksdorf appears to be Division 1 capable, but he was behind the best back court in the country and an underrated freshman.

Tolksdorf has never scored more than 6 points in a single game, but that game was last year vs 'Nova and they were on 2 3-pointer. I guess technically that can be called banging threes, if only because it is plural, but still...

He's the best shooter on the team outside of Napier. I only say this from arriving early a few times and seeing kids shoot from 3. He rarely misses.

Reaction Score
He's the best shooter on the team outside of Napier. I only say this from arriving early a few times and seeing kids shoot from 3. He rarely misses.

Shooting in practice/warm-ups is different than shooting in games

Reaction Score
David Borges ‏@DaveBorges
Leon Tolksdorf is looking into a possible transfer to Bryant University, per a source. Apparently, he's on campus right now.

Wein @nickweinstein27
Leon Tolksdorf is at Bryant right now.... Possible transfer for you Uconn fans that know

If this thread is a no-no, delete it. But since it's on twitter, I figured it would be okay.

Totally okay - once it gains credence in media sources, etc., it's all fair game. The unwritten rule came about when there used to be way too many comments basically evicting players off our bench who weren't getting playing time, through nothing other than idle speculation of posters that we'll get rid of them or they'll leave. Just seemed like a cold way to treat our players without anything to back it up. And it would even sometimes get back to them on campus that "hey, I saw on the Internet that you're going to leave/lose your scholarship."

Reaction Score
Shooting in practice/warm-ups is different than shooting in games

Ya, I know. And that's because of his limited athleticism. Which is why he is actually a great fit for a mid-major.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
So now as of today we're at - Brimah needs shoulder surgery , Boat and Daniels
Still undecided and Tolksdorf leaving. This is definitely leaning towards at least one fifth year/ grad. Player coming in next season. The plot thickens.

Reaction Score
Byron Wesley may be best available right now. Depending on how the cards fall I would drop a dime on this kid. Tolksdorf will be missed.

Reaction Score
Bad news = he was part of the family. Good news = frees up scholarship for these players Coach is recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom