TOGETHER: The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection | The Boneyard

TOGETHER: The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The First in a Season-Long Series

"This year is different," says Tuck, who after coasting quietly through her first two seasons on campus, has emerged as the team's confident and capable leader.

"This year, we know what we need to do to get where we want to get. It was not like that, this time last year." True, the team's goals are the same as last October. True, many of the same players return. "Yeah, the goals are the same, but last year we tried to take shortcuts. This year, we know we have to do things the right way, which will make things easier on us - especially in the beginning."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oh no, this is not good for the rest of WCBB, not good at all.

The summer is a time for individual improvement, and according to Morgan Tuck, everyone has gotten better. Who has honed her game most, according to Tuck? "Gabby. For sure. She got way better," says Morgan, referencing sophomore forward Gabby Williams. "It has shown in so many ways!" Tuck says through an excited smile, thinking about Gabby's upside for this season.

Reaction Score
It is funny that Gabby has not got a lot of press. You hear about how fabulous our freshman are (earned) but not about what a great year Gabby had as a freshman. If she gained a 15 foot jumper she will be a serious force to deal with. I would not be surprised if she led our team in rebounding.

Reaction Score
It is funny that Gabby has not got a lot of press. You hear about how fabulous our freshman are (earned) but not about what a great year Gabby had as a freshman. If she gained a 15 foot jumper she will be a serious force to deal with. I would not be surprised if she led our team in rebounding.
...if she gets the minutess.

HGN

Reaction Score
Great article.....This team is going to be fun to watch no matter the end result. They may stumble here and there a couple of times but they have the experience to get right back up again.

To think that Gabby has gotten a lot better is going to be , as Donald Trump would say , " Huuuuuuge" . Along with the newcomers this creates a 2nd unit unlike anything we have seen in a while. Absolutely scary what this team could become over the course of the season.

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
I'm glad to hear Gabby has worked on the Frosh to Soph leap. If she has improved her ball handling
and outside shot she will be a handful to defend. My guess is that she got stronger too. You have to
love this kids athleticism.

Reaction Score
I think Gabby has embraced the small forward position and is gonna roll with it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hope she spent lots of time at the free throw line as well! .462 is not acceptable!!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

She had an outside shot in high school. Did she get the opportunity to use it last year?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is lots to like in this very upbeat article. I am pleased to hear everyone is comfortable with everyone and just spending hang time. Competition for playing time can have things go south fast. Hopefully UConn will "as a unit" be focused on the never before attained prize of 4 in a row.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hope she spent lots of time at the free throw line as well! .462 is not acceptable!!!
All of her misses were long. I see her at 60%, maybe 70% this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great article.....This team is going to be fun to watch no matter the end result. They may stumble here and there a couple of times but they have the experience to get right back up again.
What do you mean by stumble?

Reaction Score
What do you mean by stumble?
upload_2015-10-22_12-18-41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads