Today's game...did anyone notice..? | The Boneyard

Today's game...did anyone notice..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
The male announcer kept referring to the 3 point arch?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Clearly it was part of a promo for the soon to be announced sponsorship package from McDonald's.
3_point_arches.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Technically the shape of the three point line is an arch and not an arc as the sides straighten out and are closer to the rim than the mid point. But ... yeah!:rolleyes:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Let's be careful. Arcs are commonly segments of circles, but they do not have to be. They have to be continuous segments, but of a curve everywhere differentiable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Let's be careful. Arcs are commonly segments of circles, but they do not have to be. They have to be continuous segments, but of a curve everywhere differentiable.
I believe the last five or so feet of the line is straight and runs parallel with the sideline.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
As a good example of an arc which isn't a portion of a circle, someone in another thread was commenting on the arc of Bria's shot. Ignoring friction, the curve of a ball is a portion of an ellipse (although commonly described, and close enough for government work, as a parabola)

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Technically the shape of the three point line is an arch and not an arc as the sides straighten out and are closer to the rim than the mid point. But ... yeah!:rolleyes:

Don't the rules call it an arc?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Also the female announcer kept saying about BS - "someone must of put a ball in her hands when she was very young" - I found that to be somewhat more annoying!

Reaction Score

I also heard "point creep" for the first time (in referring to the point spread getting out of hand while playing the huskies).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Did Moses have an arch or an arc?
First, Moses Malone?

Second, biblical Moses had a tablet. not an IPad but a tablet.
Depending on which movie version you subscribe to, the water parting trick did form sort of an arch, and he did have an Ark, not Noah's kind, but of the Covenant which I don't think had anything to do with BB let alone WCBB - heck isn't there something in the tablets in that Ark about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal'. If it does have something to do with BB Moriah is going to be really upset!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I believe the Book of Armaments has something about lobbing hand grenades, whose flight should also describe an arc....

;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member