MSOC - AAC championship with an NCAA bid on the line
FH - Elite eight game with a shot at another final four on the line

Let's go Huskies - hit the trifecta!!!

Reaction Score
Lost in 6th round shootout. Hopefully they still get in

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Men's Soccer loses on PK's 4-3. Crap. On a brighter note, FH beat BC 1-0 and I'm not 100% certain but I believe Women's soccer won 5-0 or so.

Reaction Score
Lost? Is that what they did? I believe the word rhymes with broke. Led the entire PK's. Needed 1 save or 1 make and didn't get.

You cannot make up what goes wrong for this program every postseason. You cannot make up the lost opportunities. It is simply comical at this point.

Ray Reid's halftime speech was the set up for it all. Complaining about fatigue (Tulsa played 30 more minutes Friday). And more rich, complaining about 2 games in 3 days, you know the postseason format that has been in place for....decades.

I guess it was a good finish to the season and people will play they are a "young team with injuries" card but when they get older why will the end result be any different at this point?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Choked? They were badly outplayed today and the better team won. Such a shock to see our season end on PKs. NOt.

Reaction Score
Choked? They were badly outplayed today and the better team won. Such a shock to see our season end on PKs. NOt.
They choked in PKs in a game where they were dominated. In years past, they've choked in PKs in games where they've dominated.

No matter how much talent UConn has, the end result under Reid is always the same.

Reaction Score
Ray Reid's halftime speech was the set up for it all. Complaining about fatigue (Tulsa played 30 more minutes Friday). And more rich, complaining about 2 games in 3 days, you know the postseason format that has been in place for....decades.

Ray Reid complained again about 2 games in 3 days? I missed it this time around, but I've posted on the boneyard before about how he has complained about this in the past, and how much I detest this complaint that he makes. Unfortunately, I think his chronic complaining about this has a psychic negative impact on his team. As was said here, the post season format has been like this for years. The correct thing for him to do would be to schedule a couple two games in three days stretches during the regular season to get his team prepared for the post season, but in recent years Reid has gone to greater and greater efforts not to schedule two games in three days. For instance, UConn has not played in an early season tournament in several years probably because they are all in this particular format. I just don't understand it.

Reaction Score

From what I recall, in their game at Tulsa during the regular season, UConn was outplayed there as well and was quite lucky to come away with a tie.

Reaction Score
Ray Reid complained again about 2 games in 3 days? I missed it this time around, but I've posted on the boneyard before about how he has complained about this in the past, and how much I detest this complaint that he makes. Unfortunately, I think his chronic complaining about this has a psychic negative impact on his team. As was said here, the post season format has been like this for years. The correct thing for him to do would be to schedule a couple two games in three days stretches during the regular season to get his team prepared for the post season, but in recent years Reid has gone to greater and greater efforts not to schedule two games in three days. For instance, UConn has not played in an early season tournament in several years probably because they are all in this particular format. I just don't understand it.

Have to agree. My EPL team, Arsenal, complains about scheduling and fatigue, especially when EPL weekend matches have a Champions league match in between; but, at that level they are only allowed 3 subs (and no returns) all game and travel is often by air several hundred miles away by air whereas these NCAA games are in the same location. Instead of complaining, Reid needs to hire someone who knows how to condition these player better because no one else is using fatigue as an excuse.

Heck, in high school, I ran captain's practice my senior year and ran the team up and down Sleeping Giant. On the way down, anyone who I passed had to run it again. I basically told them, this was not rec soccer anymore and that if they wanted to be on the team, they need to be 100% committed and had be ready to play 90 (actually 80 as high school has 40 minutes haves) minutes each game no matter what. To prove my point, I ran the second 'lap' with them and promptly beat each one again.

Reaction Score
As a casual fan, is there anyway that UConn gets an at-large bid to the NCAA's? RPI is in the mid 40's, but I was wondering if any other soccer fan had a better idea than me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom