TN/Kentucky men's officials get it right. | The Boneyard

TN/Kentucky men's officials get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unlike Dee Kantner, Jesse Dickerson, and Maj Forsmans the officials reviewed video saw there was no contact and waved off the foul completely. Can we please get the women's officials to at least learn the rules and make the right call in slow motion if the game is too fast at full speed.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I agree -- if the men's game has gotten too fast for officials and, because of that, they now have the power to go to the video tape and review/wave off a call, I see no reason that shouldn't happen for the women's game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I seriously don't get Dee Kantner especially. It's like she has a metaphorical hard on for Geno and UCONN and goes bonkers in calling crazy stuff in any game she refs for us. I'm unsure why Geno hasn't been able to push her off the squad when they assign officials to ref the UCONN games. She's supposedly one of the best in WCBB? Yikes...

Jim

Reaction Score
I seriously don't get Dee Kantner especially. It's like she has a metaphorical hard on for Geno and UCONN and goes bonkers in calling crazy stuff in any game she refs for us. I'm unsure why Geno hasn't been able to push her off the squad when they assign officials to ref the UCONN games. She's supposedly one of the best in WCBB? Yikes...
ESPN throws its weight around to have her do the UCONN games. They think it will help keep the games close and get more viewers to stick around and watch the commercials.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree -- if the men's game has gotten too fast for officials and, because of that, they now have the power to go to the video tape and review/wave off a call, I see no reason that shouldn't happen for the women's game.
They do but they still blew the call.

Reaction Score
They do but they still blew the call.

I do not believe the officials had the power to wave off the foul in the Baylor game. I am also inclined to believe that the officials in the aforementioned men's game had the power to wave of the foul call which, admittedly, I am not aware of the details. Rule 11, Section 1, Article 3 of the rulebook is copied and pasted below for your respective interpretations:

Art. 3. The officials shall not use such available equipment for judgment calls such
as:
a. Determine whether a foul occurred. (Exceptions: A flagrant 2 foul and a
flagrant 1 or a contact dead ball technical foul.)

b. Determine whether basket interference or goaltending occurred.
c. Determine whether a violation occurred except in 11-2.1.e and 11-3.1.a.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom