OT: - Title Favorites | The Boneyard

OT: Title Favorites

Reaction Score
Who are your favorites?

Right now, some order of Purdue, Houston and Alabama are my top-three while I still think Kansas is a possibility.

If I had to pick one team, it would be Houston.

However, if there's ever a year for a dark house to win, it's this year.

Thoughts?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Who are your favorites?

Right now, some order of Purdue, Houston and Alabama are my top-three while I still think Kansas is a possibility.

Thoughts?
I'd go with Purdue. The B10 teams have the advantage of having had to defend him for a couple years now. He's going to be unstoppable in the tournament.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I know they struggle to score at times, but Tennessee is far and away the best defensive team in the country and I think that translates to the tournament.

Reaction Score
I know they struggle to score at times, but Tennessee is far and away the best defensive team in the country and I think that translates to the tournament.
See Houston play Temple yesterday? If they played Tennessee the final score might be 28-25 with more fouls then points if the referees wanted.

Reaction Score
Alabama, UCLA, Houston and Virginia if I had to guess

Reaction Score
But in a one-loss-and-your-out format, I can't see a team like Tennessee (who can go on major cold spells) winning many games on a row.

Reaction Score
I'd go with Purdue. The B10 teams have the advantage of having had to defend him for a couple years now. He's going to be unstoppable in the tournament.
When was the last time a team won because of a dominant big? It's probably Anthony Davis in 2012, a full decade. Jahlil Okafor was probably Duke's best player in 2015, but he had 3 single digit point games in their last 4 tourney games. They won around him.

It is the "Year of the Big" though (copyright @RobDauster), so maybe this'll be the one.

I'll still bet on Sasser and Sampson. They've got the right mix of veteran depth, guard play, defense, coaching (with FF experience), stud freshman, and hunger.

Reaction Score
I think alot of people are sleeping on UCLA.

Watched them a couple of times, really good team. They start 3 guys from their final four run and 2 solid freshman.

All of their losses have been relatively close and to good teams.

Reaction Score
I think alot of people are sleeping on UCLA.

Watched them a couple of times, really good team. They start 3 guys from their final four run and 2 solid freshman.

All of their losses have been relatively close and to good teams.
They're in my top 3 choices. Campbell has been shooting better in conference play, too, which is a big key for them. The only question is if Jaquez can score enough to be The Guy. He doesn't shoot great from 3, doesn't get to the line. Hard to be The Guy without doing even of those 2 things.

Reaction Score
Who are your favorites?

Thoughts?
I don’t think Kansas is that good. I hope we play them

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Purdue (after uconn obviously), I think Zach Edey is showing Clingan the blueprint. Two freshman starters at guard might cost them down the road, but i'm still a believer. Especially when Edey can dictate the pace

UNC and Creighton have starting 5s I'd put out there with anyone, but still not even sure both will make the tourney. Reminds me a lot of an article i once read, talking about the best AAU teams of all time. Some of them were loaded, and others had like one recognizable name and a couple local legends. These two teams remind me of that, rec league "we got our 5" ball. Might not put up the best stats but I certainly do not want to be matched up against these teams early.

Arizona can really get after you. I'm not sure if I trust their backcourt.

Bama and Houston are both really spooky.

I don't believe in any of the other ACC/Big Ten teams. Virginia is bleh but they have a veteran squad. I love TJD at indiana but i don't really think they are a threat. Big 12 has a couple teams who could get hot. TCU when fully healthy has a great squad, kansas st has a couple guys who can fill it up. Rooting against Kansas

Haven't seen enough of ucla to really know. I think this is gonzaga's worst team of the decade. The Big East top 5 all have enough talent to make some noise.

Love that it's anyone's ball game this late in the year. Lot of people were worried that NIL/transfer portal would tip the scales too much but this is the second year in a row where I feel like there are no juggernauts (which is also something people will inevitably complain about since nothing is ever good enough for anyone)

My final 4......uconn purdue arizona bama. houston next up

Reaction Score
Purdue has a freshmen backcourt. While they are decent, I just don't believe they will win it all

Reaction Score
I don’t think Kansas is that good. I hope we play them
I love their starting 5:
  • Two-way PG who limits mistakes and can hit from three (Harris)
  • Elite shooter (Dick)
  • Physical two-way wing (McCullar)
  • Do everything offensive forward (Wilson)
  • Freakishly athletic power forward (Adams)
But their bench is almost non-existent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not Houston. Probably a lock for Sweet 16 though. Not Kansas this year. Inconsistent guard play and injuries, center is a ??.

Alabama, Texas, Purdue, Arizona have a decent shot. But honestly the top 12-16 teams are all pretty similar. Could be somebody like K-State or Virginia.

Reaction Score
Not Houston. Probably a lock for Sweet 16 though. Not Kansas this year. Inconsistent guard play and injuries, center is a ??.

Alabama, Texas, Purdue, Arizona have a decent shot. But honestly the top 12-16 teams are all pretty similar. Could be somebody like K-State or Virginia.
Virginia is interesting.

They are surprisingly balanced for a Tony Bennett team. First team since the 2019 championship team with both a top-30 offense and defense.

After junior big Kadin Shedrick started 14 of the team's first 15 games, he's been relegated to the bench with Ben Vander Plas taking over as the small ball 5 on D with Jayden Gardner as the small ball 5 on O.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom