Tim Welsh.... | The Boneyard

Tim Welsh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
was a slightly better college coach than he is game analyst.

Reaction Score
Good god, I saw the thread title and thought you were going to suggest him instead of Ollie. I was about to give you an epic messageboard smackdown. I'm actually kind of disappointed that I was wrong - I was looking forward to it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
and he was a horrible college coach

Reaction Score
his 'performance' tonight really stood out as awful. he had a bunch of preconceived talking points that he would only bring up when they fit the action on the court and seemed to be terribly results oriented

Reaction Score
Find him a bit whine-eee and tedious. Made a few valid points however for the most part his commentary was underwhelming.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's bad enough when forum guys sound like manic depressives. But thats our job as fanatics. We are supposed to go up and down like yo-yos. Tim Welch made the guys from CBS calling the Paradise Jam superstars. I agree with msgoron, Welch had preconceived talking points. There was no detailed analysis.

Reaction Score
Several years ago a PC fan, BuddyPC, kept coming on the UConn board, at the time, willing to bet all UConn fans that Welsh would outlast Calhoun in coaching at their respective Universities.
Haven't heard much from 'ole Buddy since....

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Several years ago a PC fan, BuddyPC, kept coming on the UConn board, at the time, willing to bet all UConn fans that Welsh would outlast Calhoun in coaching at their respective Universities.
Haven't heard much from 'ole Buddy since....
I kept getting the impression that Welsh had sour grapes for the UConn program. Someone had to say it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No love lost between JC and tw. Tim was very tight with Geno.
Sorry too much Penn State stuff to take this any other way!

Reaction Score
tons of announcers do this so it is not a knock on welsh, but it was often blatantly racist (in more of a hilarious than harmful way) when they would talk about brenton. at one point they were talking about him vs DD "athleticism vs BB IQ"...i love how white guys are always 'scrappy' or have 'deceptive speed' etc

Reaction Score
Walsh was very critical of UConn during that game. Obviously the guys weren't playing very well but it was a strange tone for an analyst of a college game to have I thought.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
tons of announcers do this so it is not a knock on welsh, but it was often blatantly racist (in more of a hilarious than harmful way) when they would talk about brenton. at one point they were talking about him vs DD "athleticism vs BB IQ"...i love how white guys are always 'scrappy' or have 'deceptive speed' etc
I loved the bit when he said that a white guy (I think Brenton) was really scrappy and something or other about only jumping about an inch off the ground. Like 2 minutes go by and he had that fast break where he threw down a dunk pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom