Three stars next year | The Boneyard

Three stars next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Those three plus Adams will be good but the supporting cast is really weak. Unless Facey and TSam make a big leap, next year's team will be no better than this year's.

Reaction Score
Depth is seriously weak. A lot of players who don't do much of anything positive.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Let's see how the remainder of this season plays out before projecting next season.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Hamilton is skipping his Sophmore year? Did he test out of it? Smells like a dirty Tar Heel trick to me....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are by far the most optimistic yet, most unrealistic poster on this board.
Not even close.

Reaction Score
You are by far the most optimistic yet, most unrealistic poster on this board.
Maybe he is actually being pessimistic by this post by basically writing of this season as a foregone conclusion and he is already looking to next season :p

Reaction Score
I knew all season we were good--we just had many things not go our way. The best part is we have destiny in our hands--we determine whether we are in or out simply by winning out. And if we win out--we will be SCARY looking for any club IF Purvis Hamilton and Boatright play to their potential with Brimah and Nolan clogging the lane on defense. I will be rooting hard for Purvis to keep up the great play.

If this club is firing on all cylinders--I could care less what bracket we get--its the other teams who should worry. We have the potential and the cogs for a big tourney run THIS year.

Reaction Score
Brackets matter.

I think our team was great last year. Getting a good not great Villanova team without a physically imposing interior threat helped us to get to MSG. MSG helped us get to the Final Four. I think Wisconsin would have been a real problem if we were put in that bracket. Instead, we got the perfect one.

I'd say our best bet would be to get an 11 seed. 6 seeds aren't terrifying (Lunardi's got PC, West Virginia, Georgetown and SMU), and 3 seeds are both a) not as intimidating as some of the top seeds, and b) get less geographic preference than the 1s and 2s. You also get to avoid the 2 seed until the S16, and the 1 seed until the E8. Dayton and Tennessee made runs last year.

I'm not going out of my way to suggest all this is plausible. There are multiple games to come, and losing any of them would really hinder the team. BUT, if they do get into the tourney, I think we want them to get into that 11 (or even 10) seed, because it's a place where you get a somewhat manageable 1st round game, and then a tough, but beatable 2nd round game. You win those, and who know, the bracket could be busted.

Albany's beaten Kentucky, and all hell has broken loose...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's been beaten to death on this board, but we need another ball handler to go with Adams next year (and he's going to have freshman moments). I was scared shizzless yesterday when anyone but Boatright had the ball.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Also, by the title of this thread I thought you were describing our remaining 2015 recruiting targets.

Reaction Score
Those three plus Adams will be good but the supporting cast is really weak. Unless Facey and TSam make a big leap, next year's team will be no better than this year's.
I totally disagree with you! Everyone returns except Boat. I believe the team will be better and will understand each other better with a year under their belt and improved chemistry.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
well, Hamilton is the type of player that can lead us to the promised land. AB still has a lot of room to grow and I trust he will grow some. RP played one great game

Traditionally, I'm an optimistic guy, but I can't argue we'll have the best upper-class threesome in the country, even if I were to overlook the fact that DHam will only be a sophomore ;)

Reaction Score
They're the supporting cast. When you have 4 really good players, I don't think the other 4 players in the rotation need to make big leaps to make this team competitive.

You're basically asserting that unless a big leap happens, next year's team will have to scrape and claw its way in to the tournament, if they even get in.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's been beaten to death on this board, but we need another ball handler to go with Adams next year (and he's going to have freshman moments). I was scared shizzless yesterday when anyone but Boatright had the ball.

Yeah. I'm surprised no one else seems to be noticing that problem from an otherwise great game. In-bounding and getting to half court almost tanked us.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Getting another ball-handling PG is paramount. Love what T-Sam brings to the team but he is not a long-term solution. His dribble is too high and his handle is not tight enough... it was evident vs SMU when they put the press on.

Reaction Score
Scrappy you forgot 'your' highest star . . . . . . . . . Rakim Lubin.

With Adams that's an NBA roster in college.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Losing Boat will be sooo big. Adams can only hope to fill some of that void next yr.

If Purvis, Brimah, and Hamilton all improve a reasonable amount, and Omar becomes a bit more consistent, they have a chance to be good. How good? I don't think they'd have enough to win a title, but a Sweet 16 run could be possible.

I think the main thing they need is consistency. The reason UConn won Sunday against SMU, was they had guys other than Boatright scoring.

If Purvis can bring that kind of effort every night and give the Huskies 16 points on a nightly basis, Hamilton up around the same amount, they'll be tough. Both of them can get to the basket and create their own shot.

It'd help if Calhoun and Cassell can consistently make open 3s in the corners when RP and DH drive and dish. That will prevent teams from playing zone, and that will then open things up underneath for Brimah and the bigs.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The losses of Lenehan, Guest, and Ditimi will be an insurmountable challenge.

Reaction Score
And if we get another ball handler we'll have 2 freshmen with the ball running the offense. It may be a situation next season where we make a lot of mistakes early and get a lot better by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom