Three predictions after one game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Three predictions after one game

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Since when do 75 minutes a week wear down healthy, 21 year old guards? You said this in another thread and I couldn't disagree more. Maybe during the conference tourney but no way it's an issue during the regular season.

You should take 10 drives against 6'8, 240 pound forwards and see how you feel afterwards. Or maybe you want to take the ball up the court against some kid that is quicker than an SEC cornerback and see if you get a little tired afterwards.

There is a lot of science behind tracking minutes to maximize effectiveness. The NBA tracks minutes like MLB teams track pitch counts. They track them by game, by week, by month and by season. The NBA knows that if you manage minutes carefully, you can keep your top players healthy and at peak condition for a season. Oregon plays roughly 25 kids a game on defense for the same reason. Fatigue is cumulative. Playing 33 minutes vs. 30 is not 10% more minutes to the body. It pushes the body towards its limits, and increases the potential for fatigue to cause lapses which may also result in injuries.

Napier and Boatright are not big physical guards. Both have broken down over the course of a season in their careers already. The best way to keep them playing at their best is to not overplay them.

Reaction Score
I approve your predictions wholeheartedly, LOL.

My 3 predictions:

1. Brimah will be a lottery pick after 2 years (A center with his height and motor was a rare commodity, and remember NBA draft is more about potential than what you've shown). Since next year NBA draft is not so talented in the first round as this year, I see him come out next year with a top 3 pick.

2. Boat will not only never play in the NBA, but he will be replaced in the starting line up after the midpoint of the season, as soon as Kromah or Samuel are improving steadily in KO's eyes. This could be sooner depending who we are playing.

3. Looking at the Yale lineup, DeAndre Daniels and Boat will continue to have a tough game tonight against Yale.
pretty good predictions

caw

Reaction Score
I would (100% of the time) take last night's Brimah over the Chukwu i've seen in youtube highlight reels.

I want to see the 250 or so freshman better than Brimah. Wonder if we will be saying the same thing about Lubin next year.

Reaction Score
we should just make a NBA stock thread, where after each game, we can see who's stock improved or imploded...

Reaction Score
we should just make a NBA stock thread, where after each game, we can see who's stock improved or imploded...
Are suggesting we invite experts to the Yard, or just us wannabe's posting?

Reaction Score
I predict that some posts on this thread will be wrong about Boat and others will be, hopefully, right about Brimah.
Boat: Remember, Kemba wasn't exactly lights out in his Soph. year so perhaps Boat can make that turn like his friend did.
Brimah; As I posted in another thread, Emeka posted a double-double in his first game and was sensational from then on. It still took him 3 years to enter the draft. Brimah, while having a height advantage over Mek and defensive presence already, will need to develop both offense and defense to be wanted in the NBA. Nothing would make me happier than him developing enough in 2 years to leave but that's bold given his short time playing the game of basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom