Three-peat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three-peat?

Reaction Score
View attachment 100116

If we can put this team above on the court next year I like our chances! This is a solid 10-11 player rotation, our biggest issue may be keeping everyone happy, but then again we are chasing history. Hopefully the coaching staff can get them to buy in and make some sacrifices to chase 3 in row!!!
The lineups could easily shift around but both those 5 man lineups on their own are legit Top 25 teams lmao

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
May I direct you to the Borges Hass is coming back thread? He's been back for weeks!!!!
Hass still hasn’t said anything publicly himself… but if we land our remaining 2 targets (and especially if Karaban came back) the playing time squeeze will be worse at 2-4 spots than the PG spot.

Reaction Score
Given our success with recruiting Liam, and hopefully adding Brea and Mahaney, most of us are thinking buckets and championships. But the most critical need these players must bring is defense. As DH puts it, "championship level defense".

Losing Clingan is huge. But it is not the offensive impact of Clingan we will miss. It is his defensive impact. Stephon Castle's defense, another example. Karaban's shot, down the stretch, was off, but Karaban's defense was championship level. Diara's defense. DH- "Whaley the wrench", lol.

We seem to have lots of offensive weapons (sharpshooters), but if the defense is not on par, we will not be able to separate ourselves from the field, like we have done the past 2 years.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that DH recruited McNeeley over Stewart, which would be the case if he expected Karaban back. We should fully expect that next year's frontcourt corners will be McNeeley and Stewart.

That being the case, it is likely that we begin next year weaker at every starting position than we finished this year -- and overall far less experienced. It will take a large step forward to be legit 3-peat contenders by March, but that will be the challenge, and it will certainly be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
Given our success with recruiting Liam, and hopefully adding Brea and Mahaney, most of us are thinking buckets and championships. But the most critical need these players must bring is defense. As DH puts it, "championship level defense".

Losing Clingan is huge. But it is not the offensive impact of Clingan we will miss. It is his defensive impact. Stephon Castle's defense, another example. Karaban's shot, down the stretch, was off, but Karaban's defense was championship level. Diara's defense. DH- "Whaley the wrench", lol.
by
We seem to have lots of offensive weapons (sharpshooters), but if the defense is not on par, we will not be able to separate ourselves from the field, like we have done the past 2 years.
Worth noting also is that a backcourt anchored by Diarra, Ball and Nowell sacrifices the size advantage that was so important, both on offense and defense, this past season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All I can reasonably hope for is for UConn to be in the mix. A three-peat is crazy talk, especially after all the guys that have left over 2 seasons. And yet, here we are, in the mix. And if we hit on a couple more targets, we're deep in the mix. It's mind-boggling to me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Doomed!
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All I can reasonably hope for is for UConn to be in the mix. A three-peat is crazy talk, especially after all the guys that have left over 2 seasons. And yet, here we are, in the mix. And if we hit on a couple more targets, we're deep in the mix. It's mind-boggling to me.
At times (considering some of the posts on this board) it seems like not quite three weeks after winning our second straight title, people are worried because the third one isn't already pretty much guaranteed.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
@Waquoit beat me to it. Just the idea we are now back to back and if we get two or three things to happen…..then all is left is seeing if our staff can get them connected as quickly as they did lady year. I mean just think about it. We know there is a chance AK comes back. We have McNeeley and Reed Jr was a top 20 recruit. He has real skills as a rebounder and low post defender. He is physical. Not sure about his passing but he is definitely a lot like Sanogo. So there is our front court with Samson/Reed once again making a center rotation that will be frustrating for other teams to prep for. Oh and throw in JStew and there is a five person high end front court.

Will McNeely play the two guard?

Is a starting lineup of:
Samson/ReedJr
Karaban
Stewart
McNeeley
Diarra

A possibility. Nowell, Ball and Ross off the bench. Just wondering how this all works with Brea and Mahaney. There will probably be some addition by subtraction but there is only three days for these kids to enter the portal. So my guess Monday and Tuesday will be good days to stay close to the yard for updates.

It’s really kind of crazy how things are working for us. If the next few days work out like the look like they might Hurley will have two statements that will stick…..”better get us now because it’s coming’….. “we run college basketball”…

Reaction Score
Hass and Alex.. Are you in?
With them a 3-peat is possible. They’re the secret sauce.

Without them, highly improbable to virtually impossible. Lots of talented teams out there. Without AK and HD UConn is just one of many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom