This season's WCBB scheduling | The Boneyard

This season's WCBB scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was just looking at the scheduling of teams this year and while some teams have gone down the cupcake diet route (Baylor) it seems their are more good games scheduled early in the year than I remember previously - or do I have selective memory?
Uconn obviously with Stanford, MD, and PSU but also TN/UNC, Duke/Cal, OU/Gonzaga, ND/MSU all within the first 10 days of the season. Sure I left a few others out.
Just seems like a good set of tests for ranked teams rather than the usual diet of blow-outs early. And I think it is good for the fans.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
It's also good for the players. Competitive players want every game to be significant. Nice to practice keeping your focus when the opponent is over-matched, but not much fun.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As I posted in a separate thread, where I looked at how teams scheduled OOC "BCS" level teams, UConn and Duke are in a class by themselves.

I would say that there seemed to be less teams that had 1 or no such opponents, but the typical 3 or 4 such opponents has always been the case.

If I had to "vote" I'd say at most slightly better than previous years.

Reaction Score
If form holds in the preseason WNIT, it should be Oklahoma v. Louisville in the championship
game on Sunday (4PM CBS SN)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As I posted in a separate thread, where I looked at how teams scheduled OOC "BCS" level teams, UConn and Duke are in a class by themselves.

I would say that there seemed to be less teams that had 1 or no such opponents, but the typical 3 or 4 such opponents has always been the case.

If I had to "vote" I'd say at most slightly better than previous years.
I loved that post. But what I hadn't realized was how many of those games were happening so early in the year - I think (and I doubt it is worth actually analyzing) that in previous years the games fell generally in the Thanksgiving to New Years period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom