Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

1. We are not eligible for for the Nat anyway
2. Ul is the "best team in the land"
3. This was a good wakeup call
4. If ul wants to gloat they can suck all our championships
5. Ollie has done an amazing job with the talent he has been given and this was his toughest game as a coach, give him a break.

Reaction Score
This loss is motivation. This team needs to look at Louisville and see that this is the caliber of team they need to be next year. And then they need to take the steps to get to that point on the court and in the gym.

Reaction Score
Yes, i agree with your points but i dont think the title of the thread is articulated accurately. Maybe you mean its not something we should be real negative about? This was arguably the biggest game since the 2011 National Championship so yes, the outcome did mean a lot.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This hurts our chances of winning the one thing we CAN win this year, which is the regular season BE title... so this hurts a little.

It doesn't count for nothing.

H

Huskieforlife

This hurts our chances of winning the one thing we CAN win this year, which is the regular season BE title... so this hurts a little.

It doesn't count for nothing.
I suppose, but does anyone really care about that. Imo its all about the big dance

This loss is motivation. This team needs to look at Louisville and see that this is the caliber of team they need to be next year. And then they need to take the steps to get to that point on the court and in the gym.
yes this is how this thread should be perceived

Reaction Score
This was arguably the biggest game since the 2011 National Championship so yes, the outcome did mean a lot.

No way. Since the 2011 championship game we played in the 2012 Big East Tournament and the 2012 NCAA Tournament - both of those games were much bigger than a mid January game for us when we have zero shot at the postseason.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
This loss means we need to get better. Period.

#3 and Always #4

Reaction Score
Louisville is clearly the best team in the Big East, and one of 2-3 best in the nation. We had the talent to beat them for a half, but we don't have the horses to beat em over 40 minutes. Our lack of depth and their tireless press wore us down. Playing against a team like UL really exposes the fact that we only have 10 scholarship players.

Reaction Score
Great showing in the first half.

Good measuring stick for us to see where we are. Are we the first half team or the second half team. Great for KO and the staff to teach and work it going forward.

May also be a reality check for Boat and Bazz with regards to the going to the NBA after this year talk.

Also we needed much more out of Daniels and Olander.

Reaction Score
Teams lose. Big deal. learn from it and move on. No shame on losing to one of the best teams in the country. Russ Smith is a player.

Reaction Score
1. We are not eligible for for the Nat anyway
2. Ul is the "best team in the land"
3. This was a good wakeup call
4. If ul wants to gloat they can suck all our championships
5. Ollie has done an amazing job with the talent he has been given and this was his toughest game as a coach, give him a break.
I couldn't believe it when I saw Siva come out on the floor. This has to be at least his 6th year with Louisville. Will we see him again next year?

Reaction Score
Funny, but every year there's a player on a rival team who seems like they should be eligible for Social Security. And they're always pretty good too, or we wouldn't care.

As for the loss, no big deal. We got beat by a team that was more talented, deeper, more complete, and that was committed to a game plan. Our team has major holes, but we've been able to overcome that to beat greater talent on several occasions.

We weren't picked to finish 9th for nothing. I'm going to enjoy whatever upset wins we can pull off, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking we should beat every team. I'm also willing to let KO cut his teeth for a year or two and grow from whatever mistakes or lessons occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom