Things and Injuries seem to come for a reason at UCONN | The Boneyard

Things and Injuries seem to come for a reason at UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With 2 injuries to KML and Tuck so early in the season, now, Geno has a solid 7 man rotation with 2 additional players who are getting so much PT that it will ignite the entire team going forward. These 9 players are developing so much chemistry and confidence that they will become unbeatable going forward.

Geno knows that these 9 can beat Duke and he will play down his team being short, but the will try to win every game........Sunday games will be another blowout..........92- 48......

Coach Foster left the cupboard some what bare.........

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This team does seem to be the most freely interchangeable that Geno has had going this deep. We have not seen the long periods of struggle when a new player enters the game and the offense bogged down.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This team does seem to be the most freely interchangeable that Geno has had going this deep. We have not seen the long periods of struggle when a new player enters the game and the offense bogged down.
I think most of our key 7/9 players are true offensive threats. I don't think that's always been true. I also like their aggressiveness. Some of the good offensive players in past years were relying too heavily on Maya and then Kaleena. Everyone seems willing to take a good, open shot now. And that makes them really dangerous and impossible to defend.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think most of our key 7/9 players are true offensive threats. I don't think that's always been true. I also like their aggressiveness. Some of the good offensive players in past years were relying too heavily on Maya and then Kaleena. Everyone seems willing to take a good, open shot now. And that makes them really dangerous and impossible to defend.

Every single player 1-10 on the roster other than Stokes is a 3 point threat. That is unheard of, not only for a UConn team but for any team in history.

Hartley takes the most but misses the most, brining down their shooting percentage. But seven of them shoot better than 37.5%.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think that current rule enforcements have had an effect, too. Players are moving more cleanly and achieving flow. And the ability to spread and then reverse is excellent with our shooters.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm wondering how long it will take KML to come back. I don't understand the nature of her injury and what that will do to her shot. Have been pretty worried for her as a shot like that is specialized and takes a certain skill set and years of honing.

Reaction Score
With MoJeff now showing that she has confidence in her 3 ball, this team has stepped it up another notch. Teams won't be able to play 5 on 4 defense...I will be the first to admit that I was wrong about her. She has shown VAST improvement and confidence in her game.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how long it will take KML to come back. I don't understand the nature of her injury and what that will do to her shot. Have been pretty worried for her as a shot like that is specialized and takes a certain skill set and years of honing.
No problem, she could probably shoot left handed better than the opposition we face.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

It's just a few weeks. Shooting is muscle memory and hand eye. It will take about 1 minute of shooting before she is back to form. Now, game shape and the mental aspect of it all might take a few games.

All she needs is to be pain free and have full range of motion.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I can't disagree with the the body of the original post. The subject line? That's a different story :)

Reaction Score
Great post above and we will see what happens when they only have 1 game this weekend to OSU..........Our 2 walk-on's are getting much needed PT and are now looking for more and Geno will give more to rest his stars........Watch the Star minutes go down after the DUKE game. Our 2 injured players should be back in a few weeks and they will get more minutes to wash of the rust and get their legs going again.........By January 1st, UCONN will be fully healed and will be a huge force in WCBB for the rest of the 2014 season.

Happy Thanksgiving to all..........Off to the Manchester Road race with the family to run.........Under 45 minutes is the goal for me this year.

Reaction Score
KLM is one of the best three point shooters that I have witnessed. Persons having suffered her injury report aftermath numbness in their previously injured arm or hand. A great deal of eye & muscle coordination are required for the long distant three point shot. It will take time to bring all this coordination & nerve repair to fruition. Patience will become a virtue for KLM!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
KLM is one of the best three point shooters that I have witnessed. Persons having suffered her injury report aftermath numbness in their previously injured arm or hand. A great deal of eye & muscle coordination are required for the long distant three point shot. It will take time to bring all this coordination & nerve repair to fruition. Patience will become a virtue for KLM!
KML!!! KML!!! KML!!!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
KML!!! KML!!! KML!!!
KML_bandaid.jpg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Every single player 1-10 on the roster other than Stokes is a 3 point threat. That is unheard of, not only for a UConn team but for any team in history.

Hartley takes the most but misses the most, brining down their shooting percentage. But seven of them shoot better than 37.5%.

When Hartley starts missing 3's, I wonder how her wheels feel.
Did she seem a trace less aggressive in her running the court in the last game?
She was a monster in some of the earlier ones.
The loose Dec. Schedule will help her.

Along with shooting 3's, everyone is also a threat to attack the basket…even Steff did a baseline move the other day.
That's what makes Chong so effective (reagrdless of what we call her outside shot).
Just think of the kast few games: Stewie drivng the baseline, Mo penetrating and making improbable shots over the trees.
Chong and Banks slashing in, Hartley pull-up a killer,
And waiting in the wings Morgan who loves to attack and KML's teardrop
I'm sure I missed somebody.

It's not just the three's. it's the whole nine yards.

Reaction Score
With MoJeff now showing that she has confidence in her 3 ball, this team has stepped it up another notch. Teams won't be able to play 5 on 4 defense...I will be the first to admit that I was wrong about her. She has shown VAST improvement and confidence in her game.

Yeah, MoJo got over her 'overthinking' problem just in time! I just hope that Stokes keeps up her new persona on the floor, cause now she's such a great show to watch.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, if that gentle giant gets a fire in her belly, wow, it will be great!

Reaction Score
When Hartley starts missing 3's, I wonder how her wheels feel.
Did she seem a trace less aggressive in her running the court in the last game?
She was a monster in some of the earlier ones.
The loose Dec. Schedule will help her.

Along with shooting 3's, everyone is also a threat to attack the basket…even Steff did a baseline move the other day.
That's what makes Chong so effective (reagrdless of what we call her outside shot).
Just think of the kast few games: Stewie drivng the baseline, Mo penetrating and making improbable shots over the trees.
Chong and Banks slashing in, Hartley pull-up a killer,
And waiting in the wings Morgan who loves to attack and KML's teardrop
I'm sure I missed somebody.

It's not just the three's. it's the whole nine yards.

I don't think Hartley's wheels are the problem with her 3 point shot. I think her issue is the arc of her shot. Her 3 point shot is much too flat to be consistent.

She seems unwilling or unable to give the shot more arc.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I know, we've talked a lot about this. Why can't this be remedied with such a talented athlete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom