Their fat kid was pretty good. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Their fat kid was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why would he be dominant if he lost 50 pounds? His game is entirely dependent on using his 310 (or 330) to move people out of the way.

Because he's a skilled player who can't get out of his own way because of the extra 50 pounds of fat. And, contrary to what you say, his game was not dependent on moving people out of the way. It was merely a product of his inability to move quickly. With his footwork and skills, I'll be scared of this guy if he can drop the weight and stay healthy.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Got some nice moves and touch for a big fella
I was at the game and watched him during warmups and thought he wouldn't see time on the court. I was wrong. He really seemed to enjoy himself out there.

Reaction Score
It was actually a game saver for them. Fans were about 30 seconds away from hitting the exits I bet.
For us as well, I would imagine. I mean when he checked in, how many of us said "WTF" or "Holy stuff"?

There was some funny stuff to watch, like when he jumped two inches to block DD's shot and bumped into him, Deandre went sprawling as if hit by a truck. Also Brimah trying to guard him was really funny. Watching our bull Tyler act as if he could handle him was hilarious. How about when he wanted to come out and the coach acted like he couldn't see the biggest guy in the stadium? Even the refs seemed shell shocked.

He may not have impacted the game score but it was entertaining to watch him plodding around the court. Plus I always like watching players have their Marcus White moment, even if on an opposing team (as long as we win). I will say that Brimah will have his hands full with this kid for the next couple of seasons.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree with what has been said. He reminds you of the huge out of shape guy at a pickup game. Yeah, they can bully people around because of their size, but realistically they are almost always so gassed and not quick enough to get into position that almost everything they do is a foul. If the refs call the game against him like they did anyone else, he would have fouled out in half the minutes he go. He fouled on offense, fouled on defense, and camped out in the paint with no one around him without any calls. But if he works his butt off and sheds a lot of weight, he could be a real solid contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom