The Yankees sign Stephen Drew | The Boneyard

The Yankees sign Stephen Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a few years ago the Yankees had an all-star infield of Texiera, Cano, Jeter and Arod, and now they have Texiera II, Drew, Headley and Didi Gregorius. There has certainly been a change in philosophy. They have the potential to be very bad.

Is this the fall-out of paying way too much for players?

Reaction Score
Just a few years ago the Yankees had an all-star infield of Texiera, Cano, Jeter and Arod, and now they have Texiera II, Drew, Headley and Didi Gregorius. There has certainly been a change in philosophy. They have the potential to be very bad.

Is this the fall-out of paying way too much for players?

They have the potential to be awful!

Reaction Score
I think all that changes if they pony up for Scherzer.

But they better get him..
It is hard to know where Scherzer will land. All the news on his signing has been kind of fuzzy.Hammel might actually be a better fit in that stadium with the big left field.

Reaction Score
It is hard to know where Scherzer will land. All the news on his signing has been kind of fuzzy.Hammel might actually be a better fit in that stadium with the big left field.

I like Hammel. He has become a solid middle of the rotation guy. But he aint Scherzer.

You are right it has been quiet on Scherzer. In the past I would assume the Yankees get him. Just not so sure with the new dynamic at owner and where they have been bit by series of shaky long term deals hamstringing them a bit....

Reaction Score
I like Hammel. He has become a solid middle of the rotation guy. But he aint Scherzer.

You are right it has been quiet on Scherzer. In the past I would assume the Yankees get him. Just not so sure with the new dynamic at owner and where they have been bit by series of shaky long term deals hamstringing them a bit....
Maybe they should use their money to extend Arod:)

Reaction Score
I think all that changes if they pony up for Scherzer.

But they better get him..

They didn't, they can crash and burn w/CC who has no ligaments in his left knee, Tanaka who's elbow could blow up at any time, Pineda who simply can't stay on the field, Evoldi 6-14 last year giving up most in NL, Capuano---the fact that he is in the conversation speaks volumes. Since the Nats signed Scherzer there are indications they may make Strasberg available. Dellin Betances, who I hate giving up, could go a long way in solidifying the Nat's iffy pen. They'd also have to include 3 of the following: Refsnyder, Bird, Judge, Severino. They are trying to build a core around those 5 guys within the next 2-3 years. IF they'd do it they'd need Tanaka to stay healthy, if he has to use his splitter less so be it if he gives them 80% of what he was when healthy last year. CC is a warrior and could win 10-12 games on guile, Pineda could be a huge wild-card b/c when he is on his stuff is as good as anyones'. I'd rather they trade for Fister from the Nats who is going into his walk year and they won't have to sacrifice the farm. Don't see them in on Sheilds judging on their new spending habits & Shields being 33 years old.

Reaction Score
Shields won't require Scherzer money and I believe he can be locked up for a few years - think he is 32. Fister is a better pitcher than Shields but you probably can't get him until after 2015. The National's are simply loaded! Detroit sure likes to throw away quality starting pitchers... Scherzer, Fister, Rick Porcello...

}!{
Shields just turned 33 in December. He is coming off four straight solid 200-plus innings pitched. He has struggled in the post-season however. He wants a long-term contract of at least 5 years but no one seems to be interested. If he backed off to three years plus an option year he might be a nice pickup for someone.

Reaction Score
I am convinced Drew has dirt on Brian Cashman. I can't understantad why he keeps re signing this guy is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom