The way to end the BE Affiliation | The Boneyard

The way to end the BE Affiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Great ending. There were some good chapters in the middle too.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Good, I wanted to crush as many hopes and dreams as possible this year. We beat PC with one hand behind our back.

Reaction Score
Hope none of those teams make it to the dance. If Providence could not beat our depleted team then they do not belong anywhere.

Good riddance.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
PC just moved up five places in the standings. Unfortunately, while having their best season in over a decade they are still fourth in a seven team 2-3 bid league.

Pobrecito.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
PC just moved up five places in the standings. Unfortunately, while having their best season in over a decade they are still fourth in a seven team 2-3 bid league.

Pobrecito.

Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Xavier, Butler = 2-3 bids?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Who could PC beat in the C-12?

I've got them 5-11 most years.

East
PC
Seton Hall'
SJU
Georgetown
Nova
Xavier

I'll give PC a 3-7 record here most years by splitting with SJU, SHU, and stealing one.

West
Dayton
Butler
Creighton
Marquette
St Louis
DePaul

I'll give PC a 2-4 record here most years beating DePaul and stealing one..

5-11 Most years

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
PC seems to finally be headed in a better direction. Fun to hate, but not the joke they have been.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cooley has PC going in the right direction. I'd be surprised if they were 5-11. Just need to get guys eligible (or recruit guys who have a prayer of being eligible), and stay healthy.

Reaction Score
Ill take any bet you want that PC doesn't go 5-11
Yeah--you guys lose Council, but that's it. I suspect if everyone does come back, you guys challenge to be among the better teams in the new conference. I can't say much about the strength of Butler or Xavier, or a post-McDermott Creighton--but you'll certainly be better than Seton Hall and DePaul, and I'd wager better than St. John's as well.

If everyone comes back and Cooley is as good as advertised, I expect PC to be a NCAA team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ill take any bet you want that PC doesn't go 5-11
I know that five wins will be a tall order but Seton Hall, DePaul and St John's are schools that PC should be equal to most seasons. They may be able to steal one every few years against Nova or Marquette while being somewhat competitive most years against St Louis and Dayton shouldn't be too much to ask for. On a good year I can see PC winning five games in that conference.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Xavier, Butler = 2-3 bids?

Last I checked, X and B we're in the Big East. Even if they were, it's still a 2-3 bid league.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, X and B we're in the Big East. Even if they were, it's still a 2-3 bid league.

They're going to add them, it seems obvious. As well as teams like Creighton, St. Louis, and Dayton.

In that case, I think you can say, from recent historical precedent, that Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette, and Villanova will be in the discussion every year. If the league goes to 12, I think they'll be 4-6 bids most years.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
They're going to add them, it seems obvious. As well as teams like Creighton, St. Louis, and Dayton.

In that case, I think you can say, from recent historical precedent, that Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette, and Villanova will be in the discussion every year. If the league goes to 12, I think they'll be 4-6 bids most years.

Really, how many bids per year has that group averaged? The BE was a 9-10 bid league and 6 of those teams are leaving. The bottom half of the league adding a couple autobid league teams isn't going to be a 6 bid league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc