The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

Reaction Score
That's pretty funny. I've never even thought of that. But I'll never watch it the same again.

I have to say, the most infuriating thing is watching members of Rick's crew still, to this day, struggle to fight zombies. Eg. Maggie, walking around oblivious and then getting man-handled by a zombie in that underground tunnel. Which required saving from an Alexandrian. That should have been a simple dispatch, right through the eye.

If these people had any sense, they'd all carry a dagger and a Katana (ie Michonne) for hand to hand. Those are clearly the most effective weapons. With that kit, I feel like I could kill a group 10 zombies without breaking a sweat. It's not like these are the zombies from 28 Days Later.
Yeah, that's kinda where for me the horror movie trope you mentioned is fine. If it creates some good action I can auto-suspend disbelief.
In contrast Eugene's got absolutely nothing to do, so he should become the professor on Gilligan's island & build pro-types of zombie fighting suites with spikes & pads that prevent bites. At a minimum kids should be wearing full pads at all times. But despite what Meyers might think, the show's money maker isn't about actually dealing with or learning to survive the apocalypse, its about the gore & the BOO! = that explains the plot much more than any of our venting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's kinda where for me the horror movie trope you mentioned is fine. If it creates some good action I can auto-suspend disbelief.
In contrast Eugene's got absolutely nothing to do, so he should become the professor on Gilligan's island & build pro-types of zombie fighting suites with spikes & pads that prevent bites. At a minimum kids should be wearing full pads at all times. But despite what Meyers might think, the show's money maker isn't about actually dealing with or learning to survive the apocalypse, its about the gore & the BOO! = that explains the plot much more than any of our venting.

true. i just wish the creators of the show made the zombies a little more dynamic. it works for the graphic novels, as you never notice the disparity between threat and speeds, but the visual of show makes it too glaringly obvious.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
true. i just wish the creators of the show made the zombies a little more dynamic. it works for the graphic novels, as you never notice the disparity between threat and speeds, but the visual of show makes it too glaringly obvious.
Well they are not called "Walkers" for nothing. ;)

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
That's pretty funny. I've never even thought of that. But I'll never watch it the same again.

I have to say, the most infuriating thing is watching members of Rick's crew still, to this day, struggle to fight zombies. Eg. Maggie, walking around oblivious and then getting man-handled by a zombie in that underground tunnel. Which required saving from an Alexandrian. That should have been a simple dispatch, right through the eye..

I think she was having trouble because her heavily decomposed walker was basically disintegrating as she tried to push it back and could not get any leverage. Of course, then you would have to ask how that zombie had the strength to pin her back in the first place. But then you'd have to ask how any of these rotting corpses can move at all. Now we don't have a show.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think she was having trouble because her heavily decomposed walker was basically disintegrating as she tried to push it back and could not get any leverage. Of course, then you would have to ask how that zombie had the strength to pin her back in the first place. But then you'd have to ask how any of these rotting corpses can move at all. Now we don't have a show.

I get the decomposed part, but in reality, if she's walking down a dark tunnel, she needs to be on high alert w her Dagger out. When that thing first surfaces, you stab. Or if you're late, side step and stab. Day one stuff really.

Reaction Score
Perfectly entertaining episode with Darryl & Abraham. I started to get a little worried about Abraham being felled by a sniper's bullet as he was speechifying about the future and continually standing in front of open windows. Overall though great delivery mechanism for future badass weaponry. The Darryl parts were also entertaining despite the slipups of those clowns getting the drop on his expertise twice. The giant bag labeled INSULIN was classic Walking Dead. We need a reason for Darryl to go back to these people, whoops - we don't want to deal with the ongoing logistics of keeping this chick alive.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Okay....so I really enjoyed last night's episode. I really like the "family" feel that exists in Rick's group. After Sasha's journey into crazy town, I am glad she is on her way back. Any time Daryl is on screen, I am pretty happy. Disappointed in the group he found. I really thought he was going to bring them back to Alexandria, which would only strengthen the group there. They need more people who know how to survive outside the walls. Loved the fact that Daryl found a fuel truck! They can spray the walkers at the wall & set them on fire. What did you think of the voice asking for help over the walkie-talkie? My spouse is convinced that it's Glenn. I thought it was the people who stole Daryl's bike. What do you all think?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Perfectly entertaining episode with Darryl & Abraham. I started to get a little worried about Abraham being felled by a sniper's bullet as he was speechifying about the future and continually standing in front of open windows. Overall though great delivery mechanism for future badass weaponry. The Darryl parts were also entertaining despite the slipups of those clowns getting the drop on his expertise twice. The giant bag labeled INSULIN was classic Walking Dead. We need a reason for Darryl to go back to these people, whoops - we don't want to deal with the ongoing logistics of keeping this chick alive.
Kind of my thoughts, geez now they are gonna have to take care of her back in Alexandria. Oops, nevermind.

They always get diabetes stuff messed up too. Her blood sugars wouldn't have been very high. Hardly ever eating and walking and running, if anything it would have probably been low. Insulin would have killed her. Oh well, almost every show messes this up. They feel the need to give someone a shot I guess. Unless you are eating candy and drinking coke, high blood sugar, which insulin would fix, takes quite awhile to cause problems.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Okay....so I really enjoyed last night's episode. I really like the "family" feel that exists in Rick's group. After Sasha's journey into crazy town, I am glad she is on her way back. Any time Daryl is on screen, I am pretty happy. Disappointed in the group he found. I really thought he was going to bring them back to Alexandria, which would only strengthen the group there. They need more people who know how to survive outside the walls. Loved the fact that Daryl found a fuel truck! They can spray the walkers at the wall & set them on fire. What did you think of the voice asking for help over the walkie-talkie? My spouse is convinced that it's Glenn. I thought it was the people who stole Daryl's bike. What do you all think?
Not sure who the voice was. I'm hoping it's not Glenn's. Doesn't seem like the timeline would work too well for that. ???

Could be the people who stole Daryl's bike, or could be the people who were chasing those people (setting a trap). There is a group from the comics who should be showing up about this time. (and supposedly their leader has been cast and is supposed to show up this season). How they play that and the Wolves and such....IDK. Doubt they are Wolves though, since the Wolves didn't seem to have guns or cars. (though they did have a truck?) But Wolves weren't trading or protecting people either. Just killing them.

Looks like we're back in Alexandria next week. Maybe with Morgan's Wolf causing problems. I have a feeling revisiting Glenn's "death" is in the cards for the mid-season finale.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I can't see it being Rick. He ain't the kind of guy to gargel the word "Help." He would have screamed for them to get him at the RV.

Could be Glenn. That dude will need help.

The motorcycle duo probably don't know they have a radio. Maybe Glenn kept his?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can't see it being Rick. He ain't the kind of guy to gargel the word "Help." He would have screamed for them to get him at the RV.

Could be Glenn. That dude will need help.

The motorcycle duo probably don't know they have a radio. Maybe Glenn kept his?
Been thinking and this is just a WAG, but Enid has to come back into the scene somehow. They have to find Glenn or his body or the watch at some point. I'm thinking Enid comes across what's left of Glenn and Nicholas, gets herself trapped and uses the radio to call for help. That way she gets rescued, they know for sure Glenn it dead, full closure, midseason finale.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Patty was the fuel truck if you didn't notice the license plate. I suppose that those 3 in the woods thought it was a way for them to be saved from/spared by whomever is after them by going back for it since gas is a valuable commodity.

Abraham making his play at Sasha was very unexpected. I don't even think in the zombie apocalypse that love triangles work out well.

I don't think it was Glenn on the walkie - though I'm a firm believer that he's very much alive (just like Morgan's wolf). My gut is telling me that it's the crew that stole the crossbow and bike.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I just can't see them spraying walkers w gas and lighting them on fire. Gas is way way too valuable. It would make more sense to waste bullets shooting them all from atop the wall, noise be damned

Reaction Score
I just can't see them spraying walkers w gas and lighting them on fire. Gas is way way too valuable. It would make more sense to waste bullets shooting them all from atop the wall, noise be damned
Eh, all they need is one dialogue mention of Alexandria's 5,000 gallon pressurized gasoline reserves and the fuel truck is expendable. That would beg the question of why they didn't torch those Zombies inside the quarry, so my guess is they simply dump fuel on them without debate. The show's MO is logic shall not get in the way of gore and action.

Gasoline is abundant and lasts forever = Carl ages 6 years in 18 months.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gasoline is abundant and lasts forever = Carl ages 6 years in 18 months.
Major problem with child actors. They age.

I thought they were closer to 2 years. ?? About 10 months to Judith's birth and she looks to be over a year old now. (of course she may be aging as fast as Carl :rolleyes:)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I watched maybe half of Talking Dead...if Glenn's face wasn't shown during the Memorium then...

Glenn !!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Glenn !!

I expected that (as did a million other viewers), but given the number of zombies surrounding him, even the few feet he had to crawl was plenty of exposure to get eaten, plus there was no distraction noted in the plot to get the zombies to disperse. They've shown they'll wait around for a looooong time to eat. If a crowd of them can knock over a tower, surely they can move a dumpster.

Not that there aren't plenty of other plot holes, but still, a pretty weak out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I expected that (as did a million other viewers), but given the number of zombies surrounding him, even the few feet he had to crawl was plenty of exposure to get eaten, plus there was no distraction noted in the plot to get the zombies to disperse. They've shown they'll wait around for a looooong time to eat. If a crowd of them can knock over a tower, surely they can move a dumpster.

Agreed. Glad he's still alive. Not real happy with how they did it. I thought it was a cool, ballsy way to take out a character unexpected.

Listening to the Talking Dead I understand what they were going for, they wanted the audience to experience the unknown like the characters do when someone goes out on a run. If they don't come back you (they) don't know if they are alive or dead or zombified or eaten or what. Leaves you (them) anxious and unknowing.

But I still think it was pretty weak way out. (although the new angles on the filming made it a little more palpable.)

I was right in that Enid would find him though. :D Just though she'd find him dead. :oops:

Reaction Score
Glenn being alive didn't surprise me, but I almost hoped he was dead. I like the character, but that was a bush league move by the show. They spent more time and dramatic music during the original scene then showing his escape. What's next? The whole world was just in the imagination of an autistic boy and his snow globe?

I haven't watched Talking Dead yet, but meyers7's explanation makes me feel a bit better. I do think they could've done that better. Just don't show Glenn and Nicholas. Michonne's crew comes back and tells everyone they got separated from Glenn and Nicholas and that the herd overran the town. Let that linger and maybe find some clues (like the watch and a zombie Nicholas) to make everyone (viewers and characters) worry more. That's the anxiety... not showing him screaming and appearing to be torn apart.

Throughout the episode, we thought Glenn was going die some other way, which would've been in line with the rest of the episode... just when you start to get comfortable (the walls are holding, we see some balloons, all is good), all hell breaks loose.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Throughout the episode, we thought Glenn was going die some other way, which would've been in line with the rest of the episode... just when you start to get comfortable (the walls are holding, we see some balloons, all is good), all hell breaks loose.
I have no doubt Glenn is a "dead man walking" now. Since they've "saved" him, he's doomed to die....soon.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Glad he's still alive. Not real happy with how they did it. I thought it was a cool, ballsy way to take out a character unexpected.

Listening to the Talking Dead I understand what they were going for, they wanted the audience to experience the unknown like the characters do when someone goes out on a run. If they don't come back you (they) don't know if they are alive or dead or zombified or eaten or what. Leaves you (them) anxious and unknowing.
:oops:
Talking Dead shouldn't matter, you should never need a show to explain a show. It should all be on-screen and if most viewers didn't like it or experience it the way they intended, then they screwed up.

Last night was a horror show, only positive is it was a setup for mid-season finale (is that next?):
1. Glen's escape (they undid their own drama with the stupid post-show & typical character death rituals by not acting as if he was dead) & chasing Enid. He saves others (its for Maggie, its for me)- we get it
2. Umpteenth Glen death troll of their audience by Enid pointing gun at Glen's head then commercial. Glen is dying as soon as Maggie spots him, to me this is now move obvious (99%) & inevitable then Glen's non-death death. 1% chance they kill Maggie instead IF they realize they wrote themselves another plot roadblock with Maggie's pregnancy.
3. Spencer does this stupid high wire act all on his own without consulting anyone, how can Rick be in charge and permit this and if her own son doesn't listen how can Deanna possibly have any authority? AND then she backs her son's reckless gambit?!
4. Deanna hands Rick & Michonne the ridiculous plans, clearly only to be used as pathos in later episodes 'oh what could have been'.
5. Our most savvy survivors Rick & Carl teach the sullen kid who clearly wants to kill them how to shoot. Puhlease.
6. That nitwit is still in charge of guns & canned vegetables. Really no lock & key?!
7. Walls can stop a semi-truck but turn to aluminum foil versus tall building of rotting kindling?!
Wasn't Mr. Deanna teaching architectural class a week or so ago?! He builds part of the wall right next to a tower?!
8. The one cool moment was the balloons & everyone being happy, but then they immediately break the literal wall. I think this essentially describes how Kirkman runs his show & his worldview, namely; "We are all going to die and there is no point, because I was a teenage depressed & lonely geek that was forced to believe everything is futile I want to repeatedly punish the world with this point over and over and over and over."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I have no doubt Glenn is a "dead man walking" now. Since they've "saved" him, he's doomed to die....soon.
My thoughts exactly! Fans seemed to see right through Glenn's "death" at the dumpster, the writers string us along for a few episodes and everybody breathes a sigh of relief... setting up the coup de grace.

Or maybe it'll be Sasha or Abraham or (eek) Daryl...

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I like Glenn, but I'd preferred if he died. It would add significant pathos and make the show more dramatic.

I need to see some of the core fall to make me actually fear for their lives.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Glenn being alive didn't surprise me, but I almost hoped he was dead. I like the character, but that was a bush league move by the show. They spent more time and dramatic music during the original scene then showing his escape. What's next? The whole world was just in the imagination of an autistic boy and his snow globe?

I haven't watched Talking Dead yet, but meyers7's explanation makes me feel a bit better. I do think they could've done that better. Just don't show Glenn and Nicholas. Michonne's crew comes back and tells everyone they got separated from Glenn and Nicholas and that the herd overran the town. Let that linger and maybe find some clues (like the watch and a zombie Nicholas) to make everyone (viewers and characters) worry more. That's the anxiety... not showing him screaming and appearing to be torn apart.

Or don't go back to Glenn until next year. That is anxiety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom