The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it. (too many commercials though - I know I should DVR and skip them) A lot of people really like Morgan. Not sure they consider him a "fringe" character. He's been there as long as Rick. I thought it was pretty well written, acted and shot.
That episode was everything I feared it would be. It was ok story telling, but it was completely transparent that Morgan had met a "yoda" that saved him from his torture. Eastman was a cool character, but you knew he was going to die. I actually thought he was going to turn out to be the killer, not the doctor. It was also completely unbelievable that a murderer that escapes and brutally murders the family of a doctor that denied him parole would ever see the light of day. He'd be executed or in solitary for life. There's no way he'd be working the side of the highway.

While I don't find the Morgan character nearly as compelling as the writers, I had no issue with a flashback, but not an entire 90 minute episode. Also, I don't think the "90 minutes" had any more show time than a normal week. It was just a way of getting in more commercials. Very weak showing in my opinion.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I really liked last night's episode, but my spouse, who claims to be the much bigger TWD fan, slept ALL the way through it!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he's no longer a fringe character.

And they have the time to step out and tell a story like that - I liked the episode.

Reaction Score
It was good enough that I didn't realize it was an extended episode until it was over and I was like, "It's 10:45 ? WTF?!" (watched it on DVR tape delay to avoid fracking commrecials)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm getting the distinct feeling that Tovah Feldshuh is going on top of the wall with a Gatling gun and several rocket launchers very soon. Looks like she's pretty much snapped.

Reaction Score
I'm getting the distinct feeling that Tovah Feldshuh is going on top of the wall with a Gatling gun and several rocket launchers very soon. Looks like she's pretty much snapped.

She's been in shock since her husband died. She was about to snap out of it after her son's speech and he stomped on her soul by showing his colors. He's going to lead to bad things happening. People want to trust him. He's a politicians son and he knows how to use that trust.

Who is killing walkers right outside the gate? I assume that's what caused the blood to pour through the wall at the end.

Interesting stuff on the Talking Dead (watched half). The Alexandrian zombie in the house was Betsy, who the guy is writing the note to when trapped with Michonne. Talking Dead said that she killed herself. Odd that there was no story telling there. Also, the sludge walkers that go after Aaron and Maggie were supposed to include the Alexandrians that were exiled and died trying to sneak back in.

Reaction Score
I liked the Morgan bottle episode - actually liked it better than typical Walking Dead epi, it was a nice change of pace and even though the beats were obvious & typically simplistic it was a fun watch.

Enough with the naivete of Alexandrians. What's the point/their point of the Alexandrians either disagreeing with Rick or contending that their doomed? They've bitched and done the the food-bank raid, but given what these nervous ninnies say they should all either be suicides or stark-raving mad. The dialogue is just dumb.

The Glenn thing is nothing but an audience troll. Dead or alive the timing of what looks like 3 straight episodes before they get back to Glenn is unnecessarily treating the show's diehard fans like a cat would a mouse. That said, the meta taking his name off the wall was clever.

Reaction Score
She's been in shock since her husband died. She was about to snap out of it after her son's speech and he stomped on her soul by showing his colors. He's going to lead to bad things happening. People want to trust him. He's a politicians son and he knows how to use that trust.

Who is killing walkers right outside the gate? I assume that's what caused the blood to pour through the wall at the end.

Interesting stuff on the Talking Dead (watched half). The Alexandrian zombie in the house was Betsy, who the guy is writing the note to when trapped with Michonne. Talking Dead said that she killed herself. Odd that there was no story telling there. Also, the sludge walkers that go after Aaron and Maggie were supposed to include the Alexandrians that were exiled and died trying to sneak back in.
That's a weird waste on Betsy, probably deleted scenes but her suicide at the news of her husband's death from Michonne is the exact show not tell issue I just voiced regarding Alexandrian pathos. Instead they needed 4 different instances of Maggie & Aaron debating go, stay, go alone, go together.
Explaining the sewer zombies would have required expository dialogue and either way a zombie is a zombie so no biggie.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It just dawned on me...no Carol last night? She's still in the town. Did she split when she walked past Morgy?

Its funny how characters appear. Like the priest guy...he wasn't in the show either. And 5 episodes in Abe and Sasha have basically driven around, tho the timeline will expand next week with them.

It would be interesting to see how they film each actor's parts based on schedules. Like so far, 5 episodes in and the scenes with Darryl, Abe and Sasha were probably 1 day.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
her face looks like a zombie without ever having been bit
My wife commented that she hopes they are making her look that bad on purpose and it isn't just her.

Reaction Score
I am really enjoying this season. Glad it has bounced back.

Has anyone else noticed that the actress that plays Maggie is really struggling with her accent? Was glaring last episode.

Found it odd no mention of Carol this past episode. Weird.

Reaction Score
I am really enjoying this season. Glad it has bounced back.

Has anyone else noticed that the actress that plays Maggie is really struggling with her accent? Was glaring last episode.

Found it odd no mention of Carol this past episode. Weird.
I think when they put you in a mysteriously convenient but otherwise unknown sewer tunnel your accent gets twice as thick. Do you think Aaron ever mentioned this tunnel when Tovah the decaying face but perfectly dyed haired congresswoman/poker player was putting together emergency evacuation plans or did they just figure since Atlanta's plan was botched why bother with one?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think when they put you in a mysteriously convenient but otherwise unknown sewer tunnel your accent gets twice as thick. Do you think Aaron ever mentioned this tunnel when Tovah the decaying face but perfectly dyed haired congresswoman/poker player was putting together emergency evacuation plans or did they just figure since Atlanta's plan was botched why bother with one?
Don't think they had an evacuation plan. They were pretty content just living in Alexandria.

Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Don't think they had an evacuation plan. They were pretty content just living in Alexandria.

Yep. They hammered that home last episode. They were fine in their isolated little paradise.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Enough with the naivete of Alexandrians. What's the point/their point of the Alexandrians either disagreeing with Rick or contending that their doomed? They've bitched and done the the food-bank raid, but given what these nervous ninnies say they should all either be suicides or stark-raving mad. The dialogue is just dumb.

It's like any 'horror' movie or series. The narrative demands a large amount of stupid people or nothing exciting would ever happen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Its funny how characters appear. Like the priest guy...he wasn't in the show either. And 5 episodes in Abe and Sasha have basically driven around, tho the timeline will expand next week with them.

Priest guy is one of, if not, the most annoying characters currently in the show.

Reaction Score
It's like any 'horror' movie or series. The narrative demands a large amount of stupid people or nothing exciting would ever happen.
I feel you, if Andy Dufrene simply strode down a sewer tunnel that big Shawshank is diminished.

Amusing thing is how Walking Dead backs itself along with its characters onto Zombie surrounded dumpster fires. An ostrich (Alexandrian) ought to ask Rick why they can't just Pied piper the herd back into the quarry & burn em, but Rick would have to shoot the insubordinate for not suggesting that 4 episodes ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I feel you, if Andy Dufrene simply strode down a sewer tunnel that big Shawshank is diminished.

Amusing thing is how Walking Dead backs itself along with its characters onto Zombie surrounded dumpster fires. An ostrich (Alexandrian) ought to ask Rick why they can't just Pied piper the herd back into the quarry & burn em, but Rick would have to shoot the insubordinate for not suggesting that 4 episodes ago.
Actually, Rick did say that he was waiting on Sasha, Abraham and Daryl to get back so they could Pied Piper them away.

Unfortunately it seems those 3 have run into some trouble.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How can he be that annoying, he's hardly ever seen?

That's simply a testament to just how annoying he actually is. In limited screen time, he manages to out annoy damn near every character that's ever been on the show. And for some inexplicable reason, he keeps surviving!

intlzncster

Reaction Score

That's pretty funny. I've never even thought of that. But I'll never watch it the same again.

I have to say, the most infuriating thing is watching members of Rick's crew still, to this day, struggle to fight zombies. Eg. Maggie, walking around oblivious and then getting man-handled by a zombie in that underground tunnel. Which required saving from an Alexandrian. That should have been a simple dispatch, right through the eye.

If these people had any sense, they'd all carry a dagger and a Katana (ie Michonne) for hand to hand. Those are clearly the most effective weapons. With that kit, I feel like I could kill a group 10 zombies without breaking a sweat. It's not like these are the zombies from 28 Days Later.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's simply a testament to just how annoying he actually is. In limited screen time, he manages to out annoy damn near every character that's ever been on the show. And for some inexplicable reason, he keeps surviving!
Well ok then. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom