The Walking Dead Season 6 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The number 1 cable show on TV is coming back this weekend for it's 6th season. Seems all isn't well in Alexandria.

The run in started last night with Season 1 Episode 1. On every night this week, then Sat and Sunday until the season premier.

Reaction Score
I watched seasons 3, 4, and 5. 3 and 4 were still as horrible as I remembered. Season 5 was solid. And the premier last night was awesome. So many storylines.

Reaction Score
I watched seasons 3, 4, and 5. 3 and 4 were still as horrible as I remembered. Season 5 was solid. And the premier last night was awesome. So many storylines.
Yep, liked the season premier a lot. It somehow seemed more ambitious or deeper than ever before with the black-and-white Night of the Living Dead-esque (was that a tribute?) cinematic touch and the multiple characters working on saving others or themselves. Even the obvious zombie-fodder rebellion guy was resolved in a quick and theme appropriate way.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thoroughly enjoyed the season premier. Loved the reunion of Morgan & Rick. I have 3 burning questions from Sunday's episode though: who is blowing the horn that distracts the walkers? Did Michonne take Morgan's peanut butter protein bar? If so, why didn't she own up to it?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
who is blowing the horn that distracts the walkers?
Wolves? Enid, who's with the Wolves?, Pete's son Ron to mess up Rick's plan? Someone from Alexandria because they are under attack from the Wolves?

Did Michonne take Morgan's peanut butter protein bar? If so, why didn't she own up to it?
She ate something at Morgan's. "The mat said welcome." Don't know if it was a PB protein bar or a granola bar?? Or if there was a difference. I thought she was eating a granola bar. I think Morgan was just messing with her, letting her know he remembers her from back then. And letting her know he's not crazy, he remembers stuff from back then.

Reaction Score
Wolves? Enid, who's with the Wolves?, Pete's son Ron to mess up Rick's plan? Someone from Alexandria because they are under attack from the Wolves?

I think the latter, was initially thinking Pete's son, but that would be an errant mess-up since Rick's plan was supposed to be the next day.

I was ok with the plan of marching them off b/c it was cool looking & good TV. Now that it is a problem, one of our survival geniuses needs to direct them back into the hole. Any overhanging trees that they can dangle Father Gabriel from as bait?

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I think the latter, was initially thinking Pete's son, but that would be an errant mess-up since Rick's plan was supposed to be the next day.

I was ok with the plan of marching them off b/c it was cool looking & good TV. Now that it is a problem, one of our survival geniuses needs to direct them back into the hole. Any overhanging trees that they can dangle Father Gabriel from as bait?

Funny you should mention the Padre. He was actually the one that I thought might be blowing the horn...his name IS Gabriel after all! ;)

Reaction Score
Great opening. It took me a bit of time to figure out what was going on, but it had everything.

The hornblower can't be someone that was back in town because of the change in plans. Like Dogdeacon I was thinking that meant it couldn't be Pete's son, but he has shown that he'd sneak out and follow. I like the Enid theory. Even though given with a wink, Joobie's Gabriel reference is a cool theory also. I see some Moses in Rick. Eventually they'll reach a promised land, but Rick won't be able to enter because of all the bad he's done.

It could also be that they found my car from when I was a student at UConn. The alarm had a short and randomly go off, even if it wasn't set. It took me a month to get it fixed at a place in Willimantic. I was surprised nobody ever threw a rock through the window.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good points on the parade being run a day early. Someone in Alexandria probably wouldn't know that. Unless word got back to them. Which could have happened. ??? Don't know if all of the Alexandrians had jobs during the herding???? Some may have hightailed it back to Alexandria.

Does make it so one can't wait to find out on Sunday what's going to happen. :)

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Okay....so we found out what the horn blowing was all about. What I don't understand is what the Wolves deal is. They just come in & murder people. There doesn't seem to be any looting. Just killing. Not sure how that benefits their group. I am befuddled. Totally! Meyers, good call on the Enid thing. Kind of confused about that as well. She shows up at Alexandria, hungry & bedraggled after losing her family & being out on the road. Where does the Wolf contact come in? What does her constant writing of JSS mean?

Love how this season is moving so far. Be interesting to see how the parade of walkers turns out next week. Have been on the edge of my seat!

Reaction Score
Okay....so we found out what the horn blowing was all about. What I don't understand is what the Wolves deal is. They just come in & murder people. There doesn't seem to be any looting. Just killing. Not sure how that benefits their group. I am befuddled. Totally! Meyers, good call on the Enid thing. Kind of confused about that as well. She shows up at Alexandria, hungry & bedraggled after losing her family & being out on the road. Where does the Wolf contact come in? What does her constant writing of JSS mean?

Love how this season is moving so far. Be interesting to see how the parade of walkers turns out next week. Have been on the edge of my seat!

The note that she left Carl at the end of the episode reads Just Simply Survive, so thats where JSS comes from. This season has been off to an incredible start. I don't think any other season has started off so strongly. Can't wait to see whats to come

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Okay....so we found out what the horn blowing was all about. What I don't understand is what the Wolves deal is. They just come in & murder people.
I think that one guy (Wolf) Morgan was tying up said, something like "people don't belong here". Kind of like they are wolves and people don't belong in this world. And he said something about "setting them free".

Ok he said

"We're freeing you. You're trapped. You need to know, people don't belong here anymore."

The Wolves Morgan met out in the woods wanted all of his stuff, so they do take supplies it would seem. Maybe they just wanted to kill off everyone, although it looked like they had captured one of the Alexandrians. We do know they have the walker trap back at the food distribution center.

I guess we'll find out more about them in coming episodes.

Meyers, good call on the Enid thing. Kind of confused about that as well. She shows up at Alexandria, hungry & bedraggled after losing her family & being out on the road. Where does the Wolf contact come in?

This Forbes article thinks she's a spy. I'm not so sure. Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-the-walking-dead-showed-us-a-spy-last-night/

She was on The Talking Dead last night and hinted (a little) that she'd be back at some point. So I guess her story isn't completely told.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how Morgan and Carol get along, considering their different ideas on human life. I imagine the Wolves Morgan let go will come back to haunt him or Alexandria.

Reaction Score
Good episode, I was worried 15 minutes in that we were going to watch an hour of mild-mannered Alexandrian character development and only have the horn blow at the end, but then Mr. Sketchy, with the wrench, on the lawn amped up the action.
Not sure what got beaten more the Alexandrians or the 'are we moral or not' Walking Dead's fallback trope

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good episode, I was worried 15 minutes in that we were going to watch an hour of mild-mannered Alexandrian character development and only have the horn blow at the end, but then Mr. Sketchy, with the wrench, on the lawn amped up the action.
ktwsironnp83lum404wt.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I was so sure the horn was part of a counter-plan by the wolves to screw up Rick's plan and draw the walkers to Alexandria, that finding out it was unplanned / accident was a letdown. A minor letdown in a great episode, but...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was so sure the horn was part of a counter-plan by the wolves to screw up Rick's plan and draw the walkers to Alexandria, that finding out it was unplanned / accident was a letdown. A minor letdown in a great episode, but...
Well the question is still out there, did they know all the key players were away? Not sure Enid is part of the Wolves. Or else why would they need the pictures from Aaron's backpack??

Reaction Score
Great episode. Great season so far. I loved how they ran the timing. Not quite in line with the previous episode.

Enid: I think Enid is what we saw. A young girl that has learned that you have to do what it takes to survive. She must have seen a lot on the road before watching her parents get eaten. My guess is that they have run-ins with the Wolves or Terminus-type humans. They were part of a bigger group that got slaughtered and the family took on the motto of JSS. She always knew that the Alexandrians were too weak to survive and that the facility to was too big/spread out to defend. I did think there was a possibility she was a spy, but I can't imagine that's the case after the last episode, and she's certainly not a spy for the Wolves. The only way I can see that is if the Wolves have one of her parents or something (we didn't see them actually die). But prisoner/agreements doesn't seem like the way of the Wolves.

Wolves: I can't decide if the Wolves are feral humans or a cult. I guess it could be both. Humans are smart and social animals, so if they went feral they would still be smart and they'd band together. Like chimps, they'd attack other groups just for territorial reasons, and take their supplies. I thought the lack of guns was odd, but maybe they just feel the need for ammo/reloading is less effective than basic weapons. I'm sure we'll see more.

Morgan: His character bugs me. I feel that the show (and other shows) have done this character too many times. The guy that could kill an entire village attacking him... but chooses not to. It always backfires and then they regret they typically regret their morals. I'm sure we'll get a backstory on how he learned to fight and why he doesn't kill, but I'm not sure I care. I did think it was interesting, however, that Morgan still seems socially odd. Something is still up with him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Morgan: His character bugs me. I feel that the show (and other shows) have done this character too many times. The guy that could kill an entire village attacking him... but chooses not to. It always backfires and then they regret they typically regret their morals. I'm sure we'll get a backstory on how he learned to fight and why he doesn't kill, but I'm not sure I care. I did think it was interesting, however, that Morgan still seems socially odd. Something is still up with him.
Well he has been living pretty much on his own most of the apocalypse. Not a lot of human interaction. Never, to our knowledge, living in a group setting.

Reaction Score
I think the Wolves are presented as exactly that, humans trying to live like wolves with underlying philosophy is that is the only type of animal that can survive in new world order. So everything they do is simply what a feral, pack-0riented animal would do. Very dark statement on how culture might devolve, not impossible but also not particularly interesting. Made for great action though. If we get to an alpha-pack leader it might get more depth, although not if it was the guy that Morgan chased off.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think the Wolves are presented as exactly that, humans trying to live like wolves with underlying philosophy is that is the only type of animal that can survive in new world order. So everything they do is simply what a feral, pack-0riented animal would do. Very dark statement on how culture might devolve, not impossible but also not particularly interesting. Made for great action though. If we get to an alpha-pack leader it might get more depth, although not if it was the guy that Morgan chased off.
Morgan's first meeting with the Wolves explains them a little. Everything gets a return.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, the 2 wolves in the woods are the guy he fought in the house last week AND the one who took a gun on the way out of Alexandria.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Speaking of spies...the gay guy (who found Ricks group at the barn) found a satchel with pictures on a dead guy who didn't look like a wolf. Looks like there was a mole not named Enid (who's name backward is Dine) so maybe she is a wolf.

Reaction Score
Oh... My... God!!! Glenn!? Rick!? WTF!

I know nobody is safe, but wow.

I have too much to say on an iPad. I do think Glenn has lost a bit over the past couple season. And he did get a last second save in the tunnel a couple seasons ago, so maybe he was on borrowed time.

So do we see zombie Glenn in the future (if there's enough left of him)? Does anyone think that was Nicholas's innards and Glenn is going to survive? I'm assuming Rick survives somehow.

Reaction Score
Wow is right.

Glenn must have been banging the director's wife or something.

Rick is in trouble too.....but be shocked if they take him out too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom