The two big line up.... | The Boneyard

The two big line up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...the first half against Pitt would have been a good time to try it out.

We saw it for about three minutes this year. KO is most likely concerned with the limited number of interior fouls on the squad. Can't blame him.

Still, love to see Wolf at 5 and TO at 4, or Nolan at 5 and TO at 4, or even reverse that to TO at 5 and Nolan at 4. Anything to reset the game when we're getting killed by offensive rebounds.

J

JustHusky

By what I've seen Phil Nolan needs to bulk up a lot more before he's ready to even play the 4. I think that closer to the end of the game though, two bigs in would be a life-saver. At this point though, I would rather play Giffey or maybe even Daniels at the 4, but Nolan definitely needs to hit the gym before he can rebound against guys like Cody Zeller or the Plumlees.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for TO and EW to show themselves as great or even good rebounders to make it believable that this lineup would shore up the rebounding issues. KO's reluctance to play them together has very little to do with fouls to spare. Also, to add on to the lineup issues that is of much debate on here, Don Amore asked Kara Lawson if she could provide a detailed scouting report of UConn prior to the DePaul game. It was very good and accurate, and for her remarks on DeAndre, she pointed out that the 4 spot was a much better spot for him in college than playing the 3.

Reaction Score
I definitely like DD on the block despite his lack of girth in that position. He is quick enough to get position and athletic enough to get around and over people. He is also so much effective scoring off one dribble and a turn than driving or shooting jumpers, plus his athleticism would help on the O-boards better than TO or EW's size.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan might not be there yet, but he has potential. I really hope he sticks around and most importantly hits the weight room.

Reaction Score
I definitely like DD on the block despite his lack of girth in that position. He is quick enough to get position and athletic enough to get around and over people. He is also so much effective scoring off one dribble and a turn than driving or shooting jumpers, plus his athleticism would help on the O-boards better than TO or EW's size.

There are almost no college 4's who operate out of the post. I can't think of any teams that have routinely set their lineups that way, aside from us, over the last 10 years.

The physical archetypes that DD fits with -- think guys like Hakim Warrick, Kevin Durant, Joe Alexander, Adam Morrison, Kyle Singler -- all played the 4 in college, and none of them were actual post players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom