The Strain | The Boneyard

The Strain

Reaction Score
Anyone else watching this? Highly recommend it. Great writing and acting and never a dull moment.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anyone else watching this? Highly recommend it. Great writing and acting and never a dull moment.

I just can't get into zombie shows.

Reaction Score
I just can't get into zombie shows.
Not a zombie show. Based on a vampire trilogy by Guillermo del Toro. These aren't your nice True Blood vampires though. If you are a man and get infected you are no longer a man. I'll leave it at that. Plus, it co-stars Sean Astin.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not a zombie show. Based on a vampire trilogy by Guillermo del Toro. These aren't your nice True Blood vampires though. If you are a man and get infected you are no longer a man. I'll leave it at that. Plus, it co-stars Sean Astin.

Same thing. I watched the first episode and was hoping it would become something like a series like Cloverfield.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched the first episode last night after a recommendation from my brother in law. Pretty cool. Now I just need to catch up. That means $3 for episode 2, then I have 3-7 on On Demand. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Season 2 is even better than season 1. Surely another Yarder is watching this.

Reaction Score
One of my guilty pleasures. Favorite character is the exterminator, played by Durand. Seems to be getting the best lines as the comedic touch.

Reaction Score
Howard Stern loves it. Not into the genre but like GdT. May have to give it a try.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I enjoy the show. My only gripes:

1. they could have done a LOT better with the master. Can they make him look any more cartoonish?

2. the kid sucks.

Reaction Score
I just got into it. Powered through season 1 a couple of weeks ago, starting season 2 now. Can't say it is great, but it is good, and I've run out of other things to watch.

Reaction Score
i watched the first season which started sucking toward the end. I watched the first couple episodes of season 2 and stopped, is it worth going back? Does it get any better?

Reaction Score
i watched the first season which started sucking toward the end. I watched the first couple episodes of season 2 and stopped, is it worth going back? Does it get any better?

I'm kind of OCD about this stuff - and so when I get into a story I want to see it play out. That, and I usually binge watch on airplanes, etc, when I don't really have anything else to do. The only series I ever gave up on is The Americans - and everyone says I was wrong. I think the Strain is interesting, good, but not great. But good is good enough for me most of the time.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of OCD about this stuff - and so when I get into a story I want to see it play out. That, and I usually binge watch on airplanes, etc, when I don't really have anything else to do. The only series I ever gave up on is The Americans - and everyone says I was wrong. I think the Strain is interesting, good, but not great. But good is good enough for me most of the time.

yeah, it was more like 4 other things came out i wanted to watch like Wet Hot American Summer series, I will start to pick off where i was again from season 2. Some of the story line was frustrating to me but whatever.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I watched the first episode last night after a recommendation from my brother in law. Pretty cool. Now I just need to catch up. That means $3 for episode 2, then I have 3-7 on On Demand. Ugh.

This is one of the most ridiculous things with On Demand. I have a few shows I want to watch with only 1/2 - 2/3 of a season on there. They don't even have an option to Buy the first however many. Not exactly On Demand.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
yeah, it was more like 4 other things came out i wanted to watch like Wet Hot American Summer series, I will start to pick off where i was again from season 2. Some of the story line was frustrating to me but whatever.

As jmoney says, it's not great, but it is entertaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom