The Stewie We’ve Never Seen Before | The Boneyard

The Stewie We’ve Never Seen Before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn_Stewie_4.jpg

While Breanna may not agree, I think this is a stunning photograph. It captures time, emotion, and passion, as well a humble and beautiful young woman.

While being interviewed by Kevin, Kara, and Rebecca after the game, Geno referenced Stewie becoming emotional and remarked (paraphrasing) that he thinks that it finally hit her, just how special this all is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you for posting this, JavaMan! I've been looking for pictures of this moment because it is indeed a stunning photo from an emotional moment. This season, as has been remarked on a few times already, was a tough one for the team and this moment seemed like such a release for her as she realized how special this particular championship was.

Reaction Score
Thank you Javaman,
It's thing of beauty. Hard to comprehend such a moment in sport can speaks volume . I like, I like. It really helps me propel through the day in this lonely planet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stewie in tears, Geno giving Gabby the right encouragement, Geno beside himself with joy...even Shea's wide smile...everyone looked great, everyone made me like them that much more.

This is a lovable team, through and through.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know this wasn't your point Java, but it is a very well composed and evocative picture. It reminds me of Soviet propaganda posters.

17.jpg

Reaction Score
I know this wasn't your point Java, but it is a very well composed and evocative picture. It reminds me of Soviet propaganda posters.
Perhaps it proves the point. The propaganda posters "attempted" to "create evocative posses" to "create emotion." Stewie wasn't trying to create anything ...yet she did. Stewie and the photog get all the props here, and it's all real.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Shea smiling
Frown-city herself
No, I don't believe it.

But I saw it.:)

(you know she really is a stunning woman).

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Stewie in tears, Geno giving Gabby the right encouragement, Geno beside himself with joy...even Shea's wide smile...everyone looked great, everyone made me like them that much more.

This is a lovable team, through and through.

I loved when Geno had the quick pep talk with Gabby when she came out of the game. She may only have played a few minutes, but it was what the team needed at that time. He's made it clear in a few games that it wasn't what they didn't do, it was what the game presented, and whether or not it made sense for them to play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Stewie fingernails... seems that she had french tips, well manicured

Reaction Score
DaddyChoc- you're back!

I notice women athletes tend to get emotional at those moments. Look at the figure skaters at the big competitions.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I notice women athletes tend to get emotional at those moments. Look at the figure skaters at the big competitions.

:rolleyes:

I've seen just as many male athletes get emotional and choked up. It's a human reaction.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

I've seen just as many male athletes get emotional and choked up. It's a human reaction.

So...do you think that men in general cry as much as women- giving U.S. men as an example?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
So...do you think that men in general cry as much as women- giving U.S. men as an example?

That's cultural.

It's going to be a long off-season.

Moving on. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members