The Rich Get Richer.... | The Boneyard

The Rich Get Richer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
01-675.png
http://www.businessinsider.com/college-football-playoff-system-payouts-2014-12#ixzz3LLtE85k0

Reaction Score
And you're point being? Man I can't believe the complex you ACC guys have!?! And you always said your an FSU guy....NOT concerned about the Conference orientation! Could you break it down for us?

Reaction Score
I saw this this morning too. The numbers do speak loudly... but I agree, I don't know that it needed to be posted on here. It can rightly be viewed in some quarters here as an effort at not sharing simple innocuous info, as much as its just trolling. You choice of words for the thread seems to reveal the intent, imo

Reaction Score
Nicky...this forum has been alive with the differences between the P5 and G5...and the widening gap...the chart illustrates that and is part of that on going conversation.

You, my friend, always make it personal. The conversation about CR is of great interest to hard core football fans...whether you afe a Uconn fan, FSU, or Texas guy.

Reaction Score
Guys...If anyone else had posted this...the conversation would be different.

We have been talking about the rich getting richer for a year...and this chart helps illustrate that discussion.

Reaction Score
A Florida state, BC and Rutgers fans talking about conference payouts on a uconn message board at 8 am on a Tuesday.

Reevaluate your lives fellas.
I'll cut Nicky some slack...he is no where near the league of the other 2. Billy and Yawkey..you definitely need to get a life!

Reaction Score
A Florida state, BC and Rutgers fans talking about conference payouts on a uconn message board at 8 am on a Tuesday.

Talking about payouts? I'm questioning whether this is the place for any outsider to gloat!! I rarely comment but seeing that thread here at this time seemed inflammatory to me considering the circumstances.

Reaction Score
A Rutgers fan and a Boston college fan telling an FSU fan he shouldn't post a thread on a UConn board.

I hate conference realignment.
You give me to much credit....I don't TELL anyone anything!! I simply questioned the intent or necessity of posting that info. This threads already too long guys.

Reaction Score
While the figures above are accurate for this year, its important to realize what isn't included this year.....

http://businessofcollegesports.com/...yoff-payoutsrevenue-distribution-for-2014-15/

The figures above do not include revenue from the so-called “contract bowls.” The Big Ten and Pac-12 have a contract with the Rose Bowl for years in which the Rose Bowl is not hosting a semifinal which will provide $80 million for those two conferences to split annually. The SEC and Big XII have a similar contract with the Sugar Bowl for the same amount. However, since both the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are semifinal sites this year, those conferences will not play in those games and receive that revenue this year.
The ACC has a contract with the Orange Bowl for $27.5 million annually, which it will receive this year in addition to revenue earned from the CFP as detailed above. Its opponent each year will be Notre Dame or a team from the SEC or Big Ten, and that team will receive a similar payout.

Reaction Score

Preach on, Brother ConnHuskBask... preach on!

Reaction Score
While the figures above are accurate for this year, its important to realize what isn't included this year.....

http://businessofcollegesports.com/...yoff-payoutsrevenue-distribution-for-2014-15/

The figures above do not include revenue from the so-called “contract bowls.” The Big Ten and Pac-12 have a contract with the Rose Bowl for years in which the Rose Bowl is not hosting a semifinal which will provide $80 million for those two conferences to split annually. The SEC and Big XII have a similar contract with the Sugar Bowl for the same amount. However, since both the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are semifinal sites this year, those conferences will not play in those games and receive that revenue this year.
The ACC has a contract with the Orange Bowl for $27.5 million annually, which it will receive this year in addition to revenue earned from the CFP as detailed above. Its opponent each year will be Notre Dame or a team from the SEC or Big Ten, and that team will receive a similar payout.

Actually, in any year that Notre Dame plays in the Orange Bowl, they receive a lesser payout and the ACC receives more

"ESPN will pay an average of $55 million annually for the bowl, sources said. If the ACC plays an SEC or Big Ten opponent, both conferences would each receive $27.5 million.

However, if Notre Dame is the ACC's Orange Bowl opponent, the Irish would only receive $13.75 million and the ACC $41.25 million."

Reaction Score
Clearly the dumbest thread on the UCONN CR board, but these guys have no where else to go to peddle this stuff. I defintely am speaking for only myself, whatdoes any of this have to do with the Huskies.. really, if you want an esoteric discussion on relative conference worth, take it somewhere else. WE are all to familiar with the tire fire that is the AAC to have to be reminded of it.

Reaction Score
Clearly the dumbest thread on the UCONN CR board, but these guys have no where else to go to peddle this stuff. I defintely am speaking for only myself, whatdoes any of this have to do with the Huskies.. really, if you want an esoteric discussion on relative conference worth, take it somewhere else. WE are all to familiar with the tire fire that is the AAC to have to be reminded of it.
That's why they're here; they love watching the tire fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom