Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't seen this posted.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/4/14/8393829/wnba-draft-2015-prospects-kaleena-mosqueda-lewis-uconn

Interesting use of stats to explain why Kaleena would not be a good pick for a team.

I'll add the article about Elizabeth Williams to this post, rather then create a new thread.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/4/14/8408829/wnba-draft-2015-prospects-duke-elizabeth-williams

Link to more articles about WNBA Draft Prospects

http://www.swishappeal.com/wnba-draft-2015
I have nothing analytic to say on this--just from observation and love of KML--KML's JOB was to shoot threes she has a nice 8 to 12 foot jumper that is effective, she drives when the path is open---on defense she is not great against a Jefferson type guard, but who is? She's adequate against the Mabrey type forwards. KML has Faults , like all players, but her UP side is as high as you want to go. KML is first and fore most a Basketball player. Yep, I do love this woman!!

Reaction Score
I'm still miffed/angered by Williams being chosen over Stokes as Defensive player of the year--I guess it was because poor Stokes got so much less playing time. But when they went heat do head Stokes ate Williams up--she owned Williams. That was a huge factor in the UConn defeat of Duke. I know Scouts and Gm's of the WNBA will have seen this aspect of Stokes game and not looked at NUMBERS---numbers don't lie but liars use number. 99.78 percent of them do (does this make me a liar??)

Reaction Score
I'm still miffed/angered by Williams being chosen over Stokes as Defensive player of the year--I guess it was because poor Stokes got so much less playing time. But when they went heat do head Stokes ate Williams up--she owned Williams. That was a huge factor in the UConn defeat of Duke. I know Scouts and Gm's of the WNBA will have seen this aspect of Stokes game and not looked at NUMBERS---numbers don't lie but liars use number. 99.78 percent of them do (does this make me a liar??)
They were both two of the best defensive players in WCCB this season.

Williams has the edge offensively as long as she has a good point guard to ger her the ball (she didn't, really, at Duke).

Reaction Score
Numbers and statistics don't measure heart. When UConn needed a couple of baskets, rebounds or defensive stops, KML was in the middle of it...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find these analyses to be very interesting and often contrary to what one 'sees'. I would be curious to see how the numbers specific to Uconn's drafted players look compared to other teams and their relative success as pros. I suspect because teams like Uconn generally place 5 very 'effective' players on the court at the same time, the analytics for the individual players may be lower than those for teams that depend on fewer really good players - a simple example of what I am talking about is the shift for Sims' numbers between her junior and senior seasons. Her senior season is not dissimilar to many top players whole careers in college, where they remain the 'go-to' player from freshman to senior year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a follow up. Moriah is very efficient as an assist generator, but her total assists when compared to the top end this year ranks her #43 at almost half the number of the leader Niya Johnson (8.9 vs. 4.9) yet Uconn as a team had more assists than Baylor per game. Nina is a great PG and had an A/TO ratio of 4.13 a full point above Moriah's as well, but the 'smell test' i.e. the Lieberman award went to Moriah.
Loyd was a valid NPOY candidate, and statistically (at least offensively) was better than Stewart, but the actual voting except for ESPN went all Stewart's way.

Reaction Score
I guess she should just head over to Dunkin Donuts and apply for a job.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
on defense she is not great against a Jefferson type guard, but who is? She's adequate against the Mabrey type forwards.

That's the issue. People like Mabrey don't make the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom