The pluses and minuses | The Boneyard

The pluses and minuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
of playing a team multiple times during the season. Last year ND beat us twice in the regular season and in the BE championship game. We beat them in the semi-final. I expect we will beat L'ville for the third time this season, and it's looking like we'll meet them again late into the NCAAs.

Some equate last seasons's UConn v ND to this year's UConn v L'ville. Last years games were decided by few points and this years games haven't been close. My question is this: Does Geno still have Muffet figured out? I can't imagine that she's changed her coaching philosophy from last year, and it's still dependent on timing. I guess Geno et al will have to rely on film rather than game experience.

Reaction Score
Geno and team are pretty good at breaking a team down based on film. No reason to think that won't be the case should it come to it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno generally likes playing teams that haven't played Uconn in the tournament - feels Uconn is a bigger surpass to them than they are to him. I think that was why the big east was such a good league - tough defenses and a lot of different styles both on defense and on offense - the coaches always had good 'comparables' for the scouting.

Reaction Score
of playing a team multiple times during the season. Last year ND beat us twice in the regular season and in the BE championship game. We beat them in the semi-final. I expect we will beat L'ville for the third time this season, and it's looking like we'll meet them again late into the NCAAs.

Some equate last seasons's UConn v ND to this year's UConn v L'ville. Last years games were decided by few points and this years games haven't been close. My question is this: Does Geno still have Muffet figured out? I can't imagine that she's changed her coaching philosophy from last year, and it's still dependent on timing. I guess Geno et al will have to rely on film rather than game experience.
I don't believe we beat them because suddenly Geno figured out Muffet. We just became a much better team than we were.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Exactly. I think we always had the pieces last season, they just clicked into place at the right time. Stewie figuring it out was a huge bonus, and basically the difference in the games.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Seems to me the problem for ND is that its 5 against 3 (great starters) bench excluded.
Tough math.
Also the MoJeff effect.

Reaction Score

I agree with sonny. It has nothing to do with Geno having Muffett "figured out." It will come down ot who plays better.

One good thing about not being in Big East this year with ND - I don't believe our odds would have been good to beat them 4 times. I think we'd beat them 3 out of 4. Hoepfully the one time isn't the 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom