The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chasen Shreve sucks the nuts of mouth-breathing lepers.

Reaction Score
Chasen Shreve sucks the nuts of mouth-breathing lepers.

Joe Girardi has been dreadful down the stretch. Granted the Yankes offense is gross, no one is hitting now but to PH for Tanaka in the top of 7th leading off was ridicilous. I mean Jacoby is hitting at an .098 rate since the all start game so maybe he's a little better than Tanaka :rolleyes: but please Joe you did that so you could being in SHREVE, FN SHREVE who hasn't gotten anyone out expect Ellsbury in practice since the All Start break? Joe doesn't have it going at all and by the way, you don't take ARod out of the lineup either especially against a lefty. He should have been taking ground balls at 1st for the last 2 weeks getting ready for this series. And this guy Reed made 3 guys look like LLers with his flaming :confused:93MPH fastball - WTF? Awful hitting team now.

Joe's worst year and he's killing them. Sox fans must be laughing at Ellsbury's contract now as we speak and they deserve to. He's pitiful!

Between the Giants handing one to the 'Boys and now this teams inability to hit the ball is there any way UConn can start practice this week?

Reaction Score
Joe Girardi has been dreadful down the stretch. Granted the Yankes offense is gross, no one is hitting now but to PH for Tanaka in the top of 7th leading off was ridicilous. I mean Jacoby is hitting at an .098 rate since the all start game so maybe he's a little better than Tanaka :rolleyes: but please Joe you did that so you could being in SHREVE, FN SHREVE who hasn't gotten anyone out expect Ellsbury in practice since the All Start break? Joe doesn't have it going at all and by the way, you don't take ARod out of the lineup either especially against a lefty. He should have been taking ground balls at 1st for the last 2 weeks getting ready for this series. And this guy Reed made 3 guys look like LLers with his flaming :confused:93MPH fastball - WTF? Awful hitting team now.

Joe's worst year and he's killing them. Sox fans must be laughing at Ellsbury's contract now as we speak and they deserve to. He's pitiful!

Between the Giants handing one to the 'Boys and now this teams inability to hit the ball is there any way UConn can start practice this week?
Joe's worst year? They look terrible now but that's probably how they should have looked all year. They are still most likely going to make the playoffs, without Tex who was their best hitter all season. This team is not talented and I consider it one of Joe's best seasons managing.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't get the Shreve decisions lately, but I'm more with John. Pitching and offense has mostly patched together for the past 3 years.
I blame Cash. Since the Boss moved on, he has been running the team like a cheap moneyball project.The exception being when they knew they were about to have some bad PR for letting Cano go. Then he rushed out and spent almost as much money to get the most injury prone player in MLB. $180 million on a long term contract was all damage control in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys he was a good coach when they were playing over their heads. Both of you could be too. Now when he needs to be pushing the right buttons to help get W's he's not. I'm in agreement they are in a better place than where we would have guessed but by no means is that ALL Joe. I mean Tex and ARod's comeback years are on them, McCann, Headley and Didi have had better than expected years Young great against lefties and Betances/Miller have been great finishing. Let's not pretend with them hitting HR's and the staff just being good enough to get to the 7/8/9 that he was a master or anything. I like Joe he's fine but he got lucky with the way people played this year too. His love of Shreve is amazing? And Ryan, please try Refsnyder instead.

Reaction Score
CC started scary and then was really good. Beltran's frozen rope and Ackley's bomb a stunner to the Miracle's - nice 2 wins amazing this team bounces back from dead a lot for a team who can't hit worth . LOL

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, what a difference 2 days can make.

And our big guns in the bullpen are rested, but tonight will be tough. Warren v Price

Reaction Score
Yeah, what a difference 2 days can make.

And our big guns in the bullpen are rested, but tonight will be tough. Warren v Price

I wouldn't mind Warren if Joe used him more but Joe left him to rot in the BP. Weird how much he'd use a pc of crap like Shreve over Warren and who gives a crap about righty/lefty stuff, the guy couldn't get you out David 76! Warren was ok as a starter for 5 plus innings and suddenly he was a forgotten man.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Maybe Warren should have started over Nova or even CC. But maybe CC needed to pitch through his problems. I don't like Shreve either.
But you are ignoring that Warren pitched about 200 innings and Shreve about 57. I think Joe knows who is more valuable. Remember the the pitcher the Yanks had in the 90s? Long relief and spot starting. Can't remember his name, but a great value to the team. That seems how he uses Warren.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Thank you! I had the "M" but couldn't get the rest of the name.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He went on to the Red Sox and lost a game to the Yanks in a 2004 ALCS game. Then got a WS ring with those f'ers. His 5th?

He was a post season star.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He was a great asset but I don't think he did much post Yankees. But I think that is how they are using Warren.

Reaction Score
Mendoza was excellent for a few seasons but most of that from the 'pen. The spot starting was earlier although he had some really good games when put in there.

Warren may be his Mendoza but he should have been used more in the pen since being relegated to that duty. He was forgotten and now is being called upon in a big game - good news is there are no expectations.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Maybe Warren should have started over Nova or even CC. But maybe CC needed to pitch through his problems. I don't like Shreve either.
But you are ignoring that Warren pitched about 200 innings and Shreve about 57. I think Joe knows who is more valuable. Remember the the pitcher the Yanks had in the 90s? Long relief and spot starting. Can't remember his name, but a great value to the team. That seems how he uses Warren.
You guys don't read the better NYY blog (LoHud) otherwise you would have seen this 7 days ago:

Adam Warren: The Yankees’ new Ramiro Mendoza

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
tumblr_lxgnzzC9tt1qhvh42o1_500.gif

That home run was a friggin' rope!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You have been saying it and the kid keeps delivering

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm so bummed about Yogi. I wanted him to live forever. Here is what Jeter said:
"To those who didn't know Yogi personally, he was one of the greatest baseball players and Yankees of all time," Jeter said. "To those lucky ones who did, he was an even better person. To me he was a dear friend and mentor. He will always be remembered for his success on the field, but I believe his finest quality was how he treated everyone with sincerity and kindness.

Reaction Score
I'm so bummed about Yogi. I wanted him to live forever. Here is what Jeter said:
"To those who didn't know Yogi personally, he was one of the greatest baseball players and Yankees of all time," Jeter said. "To those lucky ones who did, he was an even better person. To me he was a dear friend and mentor. He will always be remembered for his success on the field, but I believe his finest quality was how he treated everyone with sincerity and kindness.

RIP to an icon. Sad to see the passing of WWII vets and ones who lived in that era. I believe Whitey Ford is the last Yankee HOF left that played with Yogi.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You have been saying it and the kid keeps delivering
I was watching something when it dawned on me the Yanks were still on. I flicked the station to see Bird up with 2 on. David...I just knew where the ball was gonna end up.

Word.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was thinking Whitey may be the only one left. Truly another Yankee great but there is only one Yogi.

There are probably less famous guys still alive that played with Yogi in the early 60s. Boughton? Pepitone, Kubek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom