The Official 2015 Red Sox Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Red Sox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Suddenly he's hotter than here piss huh? Clutch too.;)[/QUOT
Nobody slammed or wanted to get rid of Arod more than you. If you recall I predicted he'd hit .270 with 25 HRs. And this from a Red Sox fan.:)

Reaction Score

Key is they didn't get rid of him and he's in the pinstripes. Am I to say "he's a d**k so I'm turning my back to him and his HR's? Your prediction was pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Well after firing Cherington they're getting rid of their other big problem. This will be Don Orsillo's last year doing Sox games.

Reaction Score
I think we saw the Red Sox outfield of the future last night. It will probably be Mookie in center, JBJ in right and Rusney in left. With Xander and Dustin in the middle and Swihart behind the plate things bode well. We do need a closer, however.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Sox are 8-4 against the NL East to date. If they played in that weak division instead of the meat grinder that is the AL East they might have been able to compete this year.

Reaction Score
The Sox are 8-4 against the NL East to date. If they played in that weak division instead of the meat grinder that is the AL East they might have been able to compete this year.

Sox are playing good, young kids help towards the end of a rough year and what a job some are doing. Kelly has been an enigma but man he's got the stuff and almost seems to have figured it out. If he does that's huge for the Sox. He's like Evoldi in they just need to mature I think because everything is there for monster careers.

Reaction Score
Betts with a 2 run blast, Bradley with 3 more hits and a laser to the plate to gun down Bird in what ended up being a huge play. Rodriguez not great at all, but good enough to survive.
This is why it's still fun to watch this team. One thing that DD has GOT to do is fix the bullpen in the offseason. Sign a FA and maybe make a trade with the Royals, they have like 5 guys who throw gas.

Reaction Score
Betts with a 2 run blast, Bradley with 3 more hits and a laser to the plate to gun down Bird in what ended up being a huge play. Rodriguez not great at all, but good enough to survive.
This is why it's still fun to watch this team. One thing that DD has GOT to do is fix the bullpen in the offseason. Sign a FA and maybe make a trade with the Royals, they have like 5 guys who throw gas.
It has gotten really scary when we enter the 7th inning. At this point I have confidence in no one. Other than that this team is starting to click. Do you think it is because everyone is working hard to impress the new GM? Still don't understand the Panda in the two spot.

Reaction Score
It has gotten really scary when we enter the 7th inning. At this point I have confidence in no one. Other than that this team is starting to click. Do you think it is because everyone is working hard to impress the new GM? Still don't understand the Panda in the two spot.

That fat dude was totally bailed out on a horrific call on ball 4 to beltran - awful call and some real ugly hitting. Actually Machia looks to be fairly awful but they were going to make him swim or drown I guess huh? Yanks let him float, bad job!

Reaction Score
That fat dude was totally bailed out on a horrific call on ball 4 to beltran - awful call and some real ugly hitting. Actually Machia looks to be fairly awful but they were going to make him swim or drown I guess huh? Yanks let him float, bad job!
Looks like the umps made up for that call tonight two-fold. Betts getting pushed off the base in the 8th and then in the 9th Swihart with a great check swing only to get rung up by the HP ump.

Reaction Score
Looks like the umps made up for that call tonight two-fold. Betts getting pushed off the base in the 8th and then in the 9th Swihart with a great check swing only to get rung up by the HP ump.

Sorry while they were close both are correct. Remy and Orsillo agreed with both too and only Swihart was wondering WTF. Headley simply kept his glove on the foot of a crappy slide - can't end with your tip toe being your stronghold that's your fault for a crappy slide.

Anyway if you're right then those make up for the Glavinie-like strike zone Porcello had all night - sometimes it all evens up. ;)

Reaction Score
Sorry while they were close both are correct. Remy and Orsillo agreed with both too and only Swihart was wondering WTF. Headley simply kept his glove on the foot of a crappy slide - can't end with your tip toe being your stronghold that's your fault for a crappy slide.

Anyway if you're right then those make up for the Glavinie-like strike zone Porcello had all night - sometimes it all evens up. ;)
I think things more than evened up. We were lucky that we didn't get swept. Hopefully this will be a good reminder to Dombrowski that there is a lot of work to be done.

Reaction Score

Oddly enough your YES crew thought the umps screwed up both times

Reaction Score
It sucks that our young kids are on fire and helping the Yankees out. GODDAMMITTT

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think things more than evened up. We were lucky that we didn't get swept. Hopefully this will be a good reminder to Dombrowski that there is a lot of work to be done.
You really have to like the kids although I'm not quite convinced on Travis Shaw. Dombrowski has as much work to do with the bullpen as he does finding an #1 starter. The other thing that concerns me is power in the middle of the lineup especially after Ortiz retires. The Sox need an ace and an 8th inning power pitcher who can step into the closers role at some point.

Reaction Score
You really have to like the kids although I'm not quite convinced on Travis Shaw. Dombrowski has as much work to do with the bullpen as he does finding an #1 starter. The other thing that concerns me is power in the middle of the lineup especially after Ortiz retires. The Sox need an ace and an 8th inning power pitcher who can step into the closers role at some point.
I hear you on Shaw. He has definitely cooled off after a torrid start. At this point he is their best bet for first base unless they trade for someone. I am hoping that no one is serious about putting Hanley there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sounds like NESN just can't stop sitting on their collective junk when it come to Don Orsillo.

Only 34K people saw the tribute between the 7th and 8th innings because NESN didn't show it. I understand they have to pay the bills, but according to Steve Lynch (local sports caster for WCVB, Channel 5), NESN reportedly refuses to put it on the air, even after the fact. I've looked for it on YouTube, thinking a fan caught it on their phone, to no avail...yet.

NESN has handled the transfer of duties horribly and put two seemingly stand up guys (Don Orsillo and Dave O'Brien) in terrible positions.

Reaction Score
Jackie Bradley Jr. - two great catches in LF and a two-run HR to ice the game away.
I know he goes through prolonged slumps but he's must watch in the OF.

Reaction Score
Jackie Bradley Jr. - two great catches in LF and a two-run HR to ice the game away.
I know he goes through prolonged slumps but he's must watch in the OF.
I sure hope they keep that outfield intact. If they need a number one starter I would rather see them go the free agent route. David Price might be a good solution.

Reaction Score
I
I sure hope they keep that outfield intact. If they need a number one starter I would rather see them go the free agent route. David Price might be a good solution.
I like Price but I'd rather have a right hander.

Reaction Score
I'd hope that the first priority is bullpen - go out and sign a guy like Darren O'Day to a 2 year deal for 8 mil total...something like that. The guy is 35 but is numbers are still great and he's a FA. 2/8 is a pretty harmless contract for a guy who could really help you in the 7th/8th inning.
While you're at it see what it would take to trade for a guy like Sergio Romo. He's got one year left at 7 or 8 mil. He's not closing for them and he's already 32, but his numbers are outstanding. Again not sure what it would cost but for that price maybe SF is looking to get a decent young body who isn't a top prospect.

O'Day, Romo Uehara, Tazawa. Barnes, maybe you keep Ross as your lefty he's been pitching better down the stretch. If you want to go for a strong lefty reliever instead of Romo to balance things out a bit that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom