The Measure of Bazz. | The Boneyard

The Measure of Bazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Nan linked this up already but I thought I would put a few blurbs to tease you all over to the blog side.

Bazz is having one of the greatest statistical years of any Uconn point guard ever. Do yourself a favor and read all about it here.

Thought that he should be considered for the Cousy? You're right, but its beyond that, he should be considered for the Wooden.

Plus, you get backhanded AO jabs like this one:

I took particular pleasure to note that Mizzou’s Phil Pressey is coming in at 1.9 this year after posting a 2.6 last year. I won’t speculate as to the decline of this number, but let’s all take a moment to smile quietly to ourselves.

And free Bracket advice like this one:

As a side note, Victor Oladipo was also omitted from the mid-season Wooden list despite dwarfing the rest of the country in this statistic at a whopping 68.5%! Oladipo’s offensive efficiency coupled with his aggressive defensive ability to get in passing lanes and generate deflections makes him my pick for player of the year and Indiana a favorite to get to the final four.

And if you like that read, check out my first post about Uconn overcoming their rebounding woes here.

Like colors? When you are finished with a blog, pour over these stats:

BazzVsUconnPG.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks! Awesome job guys! I hope you keep on doing this. It's a terrific idea.

Reaction Score
Phenomenal read. One can only hope he returns but his impact on this program will not be forgotten even if he doesn't make Huskies of Honor.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really great stuff Oka. Thanks for the effort. And yes SN is not only clutch on the court but for the program as a whole.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I like, I like.

Re: the UConn guard comparison, two things stand out. First, Bazz and Kemba are tops, but in different categories (Bazz in shooting, Kemba in points & boards, neither are big assist guys). Second, whodathunk Taliek's only green category would have been FG% (granted he didn't shoot as much as the rest).

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I like, I like.

Re: the UConn guard comparison, two things stand out. First, Bazz and Kemba are tops, but in different categories (Bazz in shooting, Kemba in points & boards, neither are big assist guys). Second, whodathunk Taliek's only green category would have been FG% (granted he didn't shoot as much as the rest).
Taliek was extremely efficient from 3 feet in and over 35 feet out.

Reaction Score
great work. i would include tov% and especially usg% as they add some needed context, but im guessing those numbers are hard to find outside of the last few years if they were even recorded at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom