The Match Up Zone | The Boneyard

The Match Up Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The real diffrence was the match up zone was designed to take uconns guards out of the game. They over played the guards out on the outside and even double teamed the ball. They never left bazz or boat the whole second half
They were gonna make someone else beat them

If uconn was gonna win that game they needed the bigs to score. Which obviously didn't happen. Everytime uconn got the ball to a big in the short corner they got open looks but they either passed up a open shot or missed. They had to knock some of those down if they were gonna have a chance.

I'm worried that we wll see more of that this year

Also the bigs need to do a better job hedging out on the high ball screens.

But what can you do they played the #1 team. I will be happy to see if they learn from there mistakes and keep inproving

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Good post. Agreed on the need to get the bigs involved if our guards are being pressed. We don't have a true zone-buster who can make good decisions and feed the bigs. We can't rely entirely on our guards for production.

Louisville is a solid squad. They had many scoring options, from inside to out. Siva and Smith are TOUGH. Their press wears your guards out and turns you over. I think they're legit championship contenders and easily the best team we've played this year.

That being said... Pitino clearly outcoached Ollie tonight after Ollie's best showing the game before vs ND. KO only ran a few plays with backdoor cuts but they weren't really executed well by the players, often resulting in turnovers. Louisville's help defense was great though. We needed to get our bigs more involved and we just couldn't and our guards got worn down and stifled.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Louisville embarrassed us with their defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom