The level of BS coming out of the Big 12 | The Boneyard

The level of BS coming out of the Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't think about this before but Bowlsby's rhetoric about fball and bball players working no harder than swimmers or others at their sport should have been called out. Neither do the coaches in revenue sports work harder than the swim coach or tennis coach.

I really wonder how real the O'Bannon threat is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The stuff they come up with is absurd:

“This is on us,” said Texas athletic director Steve Patterson, a member of the Big 12 panel. “We’ve done a poor job of telling our story. It’s our fault.

Your story is ridiculous, maybe it's not how you are telling the story... but the actual story.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“Destroying college athletics for the other 300 schools out there is not a good outcome.”

THEN WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO DO IT?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've got nothing against Charlie Strong, relative to his peers he seems like a good guy.

I am going to throughly enjoy Texas getting the kicked out of them every week. UConn has bigger enemies than Texas, but college sports do not have a worse enemy than these scumbags in Austin.

Reaction Score
Way to cut right to the important issues that matter.
It's all about marketing. Kraft mentioned bringing NFL teams to LA so the fans there can be "branded". Sadly, this is how it works. And everyone pushes their money towards what pleases their egos the most. Look at Ohio State fans. lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's all about marketing. Kraft mentioned bringing NFL teams to LA so the fans there can be "branded". Sadly, this is how it works. And everyone pushes their money towards what pleases their egos the most. Look at Ohio State fans. lol

Yes the entire college football landscape depends on the what you call the five conferences with big TV contracts. That is what everything hinges on.

Reaction Score
Yes the entire college football landscape depends on the what you call the five conferences with big TV contracts. That is what everything hinges on.
For them. I am all for putting up a fight.

Reaction Score
from the cheap seats, it would certainly seem that there is some level of effort in naming these 5 conferences:
Power 5
P5
Resource 5
Fab 5
Hi-5
etc...

APA

Reaction Score
Oh please. If UConn was in a P-5conference none of you would care about this. At. All. Nothing but sour grapes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The stuff they come up with is absurd:

“This is on us,” said Texas athletic director Steve Patterson, a member of the Big 12 panel. “We’ve done a poor job of telling our story. It’s our fault.

Your story is ridiculous, maybe it's not how you are telling the story... but the actual story.
This is the kind of quote you hear all the time from politicians with horrible policies, or companies with sh#*ty products.

Reaction Score
Oh please. If UConn was in a P-5conference none of you would care about this. At. All. Nothing but sour grapes.

Not at all true. I would be much happier. I would also still want to vomit at these changes. The demise of the best hoops conference was a crime.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

You really think all is awesome in the P5 conferences? You think Big 10 fans are thrilled with the addition of Rutgers and Maryland to the schedule? And that anyone in the ACC wants to go to Syracuse ever?

Reaction Score
The problem is US; we could give them all- meaning throw them out of the NCAA. Save the latter for the student athletes and promote it as such. Schools in the NCAA could encourage the general public not to watch or buy their networks, etc. Ask the Educ Dept to keep a close watch on frauds in the classrooms. Lets face it only about 25% og these players will be getting a college educ. The others are being (under)paid to produce revenues.

Reaction Score
I come down somwhere in the middle I guess. If players want to get paid, as in his example of the quarterback asking for $50,000 and a job for his mother, they've essentailly created a minor league. I wouldn't want any part of that, and quite honestly don't see any reason why a college should have any part of it either. Let the NFL create its own version of the D-league and let players go from high school and get paid. That is a position I absolutely support NOW for basketball players. Joey Jumpshot thinks he should get a salary to play basketball, here's the phone number for the NBA D-league. Give 'em a call. Those are options for baseball, hockey but kids still play college. it should also be an option for football and basketball. I don't htink its perfect, but I'd like to see something like the baseball rule adapted to other sports. You choose college, you take yourself out of the draft for 3 years.

Reaction Score
I come down somwhere in the middle I guess. If players want to get paid, as in his example of the quarterback asking for $50,000 and a job for his mother, they've essentailly created a minor league. I wouldn't want any part of that, and quite honestly don't see any reason why a college should have any part of it either. Let the NFL create its own version of the D-league and let players go from high school and get paid. That is a position I absolutely support NOW for basketball players. Joey Jumpshot thinks he should get a salary to play basketball, here's the phone number for the NBA D-league. Give 'em a call. Those are options for baseball, hockey but kids still play college. it should also be an option for football and basketball. I don't htink its perfect, but I'd like to see something like the baseball rule adapted to other sports. You choose college, you take yourself out of the draft for 3 years.

There is a good reason why the best HS players in football and basketball are forced into the NCAA. College baseball, hockey, soccer, and the like don't bring in the big bucks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You are merely stating how you want the world to work regardless of what is fair or right.

You do realize kids already get the payments and parents get job right?

It's sticky and it's going to get messy... but I can't listen to many more people who profit in the form of 7 figure jobs pontificate about 'amaturism'.

Delany and his idiotic comments that the Big Ten schools would cancel sports is the best. You'll walk away from billions of dollars of revenue because you have to share more than you want while at the same time eliminating the jobs that pay you millions. Sure thing giant beer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
2016 QB Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona today. Les Miles hired his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom