The "Legend" Sofoklis Schortsanitis | The Boneyard

The "Legend" Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Orlando Thunder Transaction Wire release has them acquiring the rights to Sofoklis Schortsanitis and other things for Thabo Sefolosha and other things.

Sofoklis Schortsanitis - a Greek-Cameroon is 6'10" 350 pounds and 29 years old ...

Look at the agility at that weight. He is far quicker than Shaq ... and scary.

Reaction Score
I think he is done. He has also been around for quite awhile. He did not make the Greek national team going to the Euros this year, so it's hard to believe he could make an NBA team. But the coach also cut a couple of other older guys like Spanoulis (who played with the Rockets). It's hard for me to believe he'll make it. Schortsianitis was a bench player on the Greek team that beat the USA at the Worlds in 2006.

So, a lot of the video you're watching above is from when he was 17 years old playing against the NBA's best. By now, he's toast.

Reaction Score
I think he is done. He has also been around for quite awhile. He did not make the Greek national team going to the Euros this year, so it's hard to believe he could make an NBA team. But the coach also cut a couple of other older guys like Spanoulis (who played with the Rockets). It's hard for me to believe he'll make it. Schortsianitis was a bench player on the Greek team that beat the USA at the Worlds in 2006.

So, a lot of the video you're watching above is from when he was 17 years old playing against the NBA's best. By now, he's toast.

So this begs the question (which I won't take the time to understand) ...

What is the NBA doing trading "assets" with little value for "assets" with some value (Sefolosha) ... and mixing in all these rights & non-Playing things? This is funny accounting business. I understand it has a lot to do with what gets counted in their Cap; but, it is unusual and hard to understand when reading the transactions wire.

Reaction Score
So this begs the question (which I won't take the time to understand) ...

What is the NBA doing trading "assets" with little value for "assets" with some value (Sefolosha) ... and mixing in all these rights & non-Playing things? This is funny accounting business. I understand it has a lot to do with what gets counted in their Cap; but, it is unusual and hard to understand when reading the transactions wire.

It's definitely not like the NFL. The average fan couldn't be bothered with this stuff. There are New England Patriots fans who have a website devoted to contracts and the cap. I've never seen a similar thing for an NBA team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's definitely not like the NFL. The average fan couldn't be bothered with this stuff. There are New England Patriots fans who have a website devoted to contracts and the cap. I've never seen a similar thing for an NBA team.

It's hard to understand, there are people who know this stuff inside and out. I see them on the Celtics realgm board.

Also, your boy Zach Lowe knows and understands every provision in the CBA.

It's all way over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29